Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Carlton tip over Gold Coast correct, had lost 8 of 9 and I still think Gold Coast are average.

Seems that the teams around us on the ladder that beat us often go on losing streaks after that.

"Our midfield would be good if matches only went for 45 minutes"

Beer Ok GIF by Busch
Are we saying they're unfit? How are they good for 45 minutes then suddenly not good?

Has anyone who's ever said they won't watch afl anymore actually stopped?

Know plenty who’ve done a “soft“ cancellation.

Ie - they’ve reduced their intake, or only watch their team and no other games. Stopped giving money to clubs, broadcasters etc

That may be true but I was responding to them being called a “leach” club..

Which, given they are tightarses and not in debt, its a bit unfair to call them..

They may be debt free but they are most definitely a "leach" club.

During 2012 to 2021 Norf were very similar to the other "leach" clubs (Saints & Bullflogs) receiving handouts from the AFL.

2012 to 2021

Things haven't changed for Norf, this year they are at the top of AFL handouts for the Vic based clubs, they get a lazy $7 million more than us just for this year.

As an aside I'm not sure why Port get $4-5 million more than us a year from the AFL, we both have the same crappy stadium deal but we get the crappier timeslots and fixture.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gather Round 2024 (or should that be Gather Round II? :p ) is set for round 4, 4-7 April.

Good thing I booked a hotel with free cancellation for every weekend of April and now just kept the booking for the one gather round is on..... Prices have already sky rocketed so pretty happy with myself.

Good thing I booked a hotel with free cancellation for every weekend of April and now just kept the booking for the one gather round is on..... Prices have already sky rocketed so pretty happy with myself.

This was smarter than jumping at the first prediction somebody made of the 11-14th and booking that only like I did.

This was smarter than jumping at the first prediction somebody made of the 11-14th and booking that only like I did.
Oh no that sucks, to be honest I originally did the same but a week later realised I didn't actually know when they'd have it as Easter is early next year in March and the school holidays of the Vic schools don't match up with ours, so quickly went a booked a few other weekends just in case.

Oh no that sucks, to be honest I originally did the same but a week later realised I didn't actually know when they'd have it as Easter is early next year in March and the school holidays of the Vic schools don't match up with ours, so quickly went a booked a few other weekends just in case.

That's definitely the future move.

I jumped on as soon as I saw the post today and didn't do too badly but can't imagine what it's going to look like as we get closer to the date.

Hotels will do very well out of Gather Round.

Saw this and thought..when the day comes that ray chamberlin retires ( and it can't come soon enough imo), there will be plenty of tears from crows fans..tears of joy. If his last game happens to be against us here, hoping he gets chased off the ground and out of the carpark the dirty cheat

I don’t get the hate on Ray.
Seems like a genuine bloke that cares for the game on sen and explains things well

I don’t get the hate on Ray.
Seems like a genuine bloke that cares for the game on sen and explains things well
Yeah I like Ray, I think in the last 5 years he's been great definitely don't remember any really bad Crows games he was a part of.

Number 22 is far and away the worse umpire who hates us the most. The blonde puffy hair one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back