Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I like Ray, I think in the last 5 years he's been great definitely don't remember any really bad Crows games he was a part of.

Number 22 is far and away the worse umpire who hates us the most. The blonde puffy hair one
Also Matthew Nichols (think he was part of the 2012 hawthorn final disgrace)

Yeah I like Ray, I think in the last 5 years he's been great definitely don't remember any really bad Crows games he was a part of.

Number 22 is far and away the worse umpire who hates us the most. The blonde puffy hair one
He is!

I've noticed it. Mates have noticed it and brought it up. I've read it on here a couple/few times.

It's like a stereotype. It doesn't become a stereotype unless it's repeated over and over again so that it's seen as the norm.

It would be interesting to see if his frees distribution really did go against the Crows.

Last edited:

And we can't really include Troy Pannell because his was just an unbridled love for Western Bulldogs. His 15 - 1 frees count Bulldogs way, had nothing to do with him hating the Crows, whereas bouffant-head seems to have it in for us :mad:

Reckon he's a rabid Port supporter ;)

... Troy Pannell because his was just an unbridled love for Western Bulldogs.

The thing I remember that doesn't get brought up much, was when Stringer took a mark in F50, and Pannell gave him a pat on the bum.... absolutely bizzare, and clearly this guy was biased!

I don’t get the hate on Ray.
Seems like a genuine bloke that cares for the game on sen and explains things well

Ray has delivered a remarkable feat of becoming one of the lesser biased umpires for the Crows without actually changing anything.

And we can't really include Troy Pannell because his was just an unbridled love for Western Bulldogs. His 15 - 1 frees count Bulldogs way, had nothing to do with him hating the Crows, whereas bouffant-head seems to have it in for us :mad:

Reckon he's a rabid Port supporter ;)
Somebody said last time we were complaining about 22 that he's from WA?? So even more surprising that he seems to pay so many dodgy one against us

Bailey smith 19 disposals and -22m gained yesterday 😯

That's definitely the future move.

I jumped on as soon as I saw the post today and didn't do too badly but can't imagine what it's going to look like as we get closer to the date.

Hotels will do very well out of Gather Round.
Just seeing on C7 hotels have almost doubled their prices and many already sold out of rooms. Appears really ood for the economy.

Just seeing on C7 hotels have almost doubled their prices and many already sold out of rooms. Appears really ood for the economy.
Things like this are, which is why it was madness by Marshall to kill off the clipsal

Things like this are, which is why it was madness by Marshall to kill off the clipsal
I can't even remember why they jettisoned Clipsal?

Made no sense. The more people dropping in the better

Going to be interesting to see how Gather Round goes next year with this much time to prepare and this much notice for fans

I can't remember any negative posting about it from our friends across the border

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be interesting to see how Gather Round goes next year with this much time to prepare and this much notice for fans

I can't remember any negative posting about it from our friends across the border
Mali trying to get games in the Barossa. B and B's will be popping up everywhere.

Cost them too much money, it was as if someone only looked at the expenditure.
Also killed off the Motorsport festival.
No doubt there was pressure from OTR to kill the Adelaide race so that it would be hosted at the bend.
But it would be like trying to host an afl match at coober pedy rather than AO, the event was just not the same.

Seems like a genuine bloke that cares for the game on sen and explains things well

Reckon he gives us the rub more than any other I can remember.
There have been times where I thought he was actually playing for us.

No doubt there was pressure from OTR to kill the Adelaide race so that it would be hosted at the bend.
But it would be like trying to host an afl match at coober pedy rather than AO, the event was just not the same.
OTR say no more

He's flamboyant. Which makes him an easy target to those who can't identify other umpires.

Besides Razor Ray and Eleni (The one female umpire) - The average fan would struggle to name one. Hence why these 2 become easy targets for the fans (league wide)

Ah .. forgot the OTR family and the bend

Certainly, a character of the game and I don't think he is all that bad an umpire. One of the better ones imho. I would guess if we had a forensic check of the haters a few familiar names would appear. ;) Always explains the call. On the other hand, Eleni...:think:

One thing I noticed, Nichols only killed us vs Geelong and Hawthorn. Very rarely killed us at other times.

The other umpire I couldn't stand when Nichols was killing us (vs them) was Shane McInerney.

But he's retired now.

These days the only umpire I can't stand is Fleer (#26)

He's flamboyant. Which makes him an easy target to those who can't identify other umpires.

Besides Razor Ray and Eleni (The one female umpire) - The average fan would struggle to name one. Hence why these 2 become easy targets for the fans (league wide)
Think you’ve hit the nail on the head here.
However I think Eleni struggles a fair bit.

Think you’ve hit the nail on the head here.
However I think Eleni struggles a fair bit.
Early on in her career, 100%
Now, I feel she's found her groove and isn't bad at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back