Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The most offensive name is the Port Adelaide Power

Power is referring to the power station near Port Adelaide, which is a fossil fuel gas power station. It's bad for the environment and that offends me. Hence the name Port Power is offensive.

Port should be forced to change their name to an available animal, such as a pigeon. Port Adelaide Pigeons has a nice ring to it
Change it to Magpies and play in Black and white. It wouldn't bother almost all AFL sides. May be the odd one.:think:

Change it to Magpies and play in Black and white. It wouldn't bother almost all AFL sides. May be the odd one.:think:

Magpies are taken. But I've checked and some other available birds are chickens, seagulls, gooses or doves

Power is referring to the power station near Port Adelaide, which is a fossil fuel gas power station. It's bad for the environment and that offends me. Hence the name Port Power is offensive.

Port should be forced to change their name to an available animal, such as a pigeon. Port Adelaide Pigeons has a nice ring to it
We all know they were originally Port Adelaide Electricity they just couldn’t spell it Power was easier

It offensive because all I remember from that reference is glad wrap and Bad Boy Bubby

Ready-made mascot already in place...

port-pidgeon-e-jpg.1007148

We all know they were originally Port Adelaide Electricity they just couldn’t spell it Power was easier

Power captures a more broader fan base....steam, kerosone, coal, thong power...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure how you cannot see the issue with naming a football team after a weapon of war.

If they were proposing to rename them the Essendon M16s or the Essendon landmines I think people would be against it.

It's the same thing.

This is not 'wokeism'. Their name and logo should not celebrate, the jewell in the military industrial complex crown. **** it off.

I'm not sure how you cannot see the issue with naming a football team after a weapon of war.

If they were proposing to rename them the Essendon M16s or the Essendon landmines I think people would be against it.

It's the same thing.

This is not 'wokeism'. Their name and logo should not celebrate, the jewell in the military industrial complex crown. * it off.

I think people would be against those names because they are bad, not because they are offensive

Rats would be better

If you are going to try and please the offended, surely, they can't be offended by the logo but not the "Bombers" name? It would all have to change.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back