Opinion Non-Crows AFL 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

52d2470931f7a480a5a93d72243c83b9

Onion Ball perhaps ... looks like the right era for a Paer game they have been around sooooooo long.

Do I see a 119 in there?

It's actually pretty ironic that Rucci has helped create the same mentality down at Alberton that he used to constantly criticise the Crows for having.

The club is now surrounded by a bunch of media spruikers who all just sprout the same club driven narratives while shunning those who dare to criticise the club.

They're now a club that reeks of self entitlement that has lost sight of what's important. Forget about existing to win premierships, it's now all about what guernseys they wear and making sure that they're not being called "Port Power" and obsessing over gimmicks like "Never Tear As Apart".

Just ask Tredders what happens when you start asking about where the premierships are. As he has discovered ,unless you're a blind sycophant and who is running with the "Port is awesome" narrative then you're not welcome down at Alberton.
Port Adelaide's arrogance is on a whole different level. I wonder if Chris Davies still believes the Adelaide Football Club are professionally jealous.

"Their position is largely around being cross-town rivals and a whole heap of professional jealousy around what our club has been able to achieve over time," Davies told SEN on Friday.

Port wanted to be us so bad, and succeeded, only problem is they copied our playbook that was written by Trigg and Chapman?

In all seriousness, from the outside it it seems like it must feel like a lot of people here felt when it seemed change would never come in that late Craig/Trigg era.

And obviously the change wasn't great either haha but at least we got a small break from it, I remember that period and everyone felt kind of like it's never going to end.

Last edited:

Port Adelaide's arrogance is on a whole different level. I wonder if Chris Davies still believes the Adelaide Football Club are professionally jealous.

"Their position is largely around being cross-town rivals and a whole heap of professional jealousy around what our club has been able to achieve over time," Davies told SEN on Friday.

Davies is a massive flog and he's part of the problem down there.

They're obsessed with selling this belief to the public that they're better than us, but it's just all hot air because what is there to actually be jealous of? We have more AFL flags, more supporters, more financially stable and a much bigger profile than they do.

There's literally nothing at all that we'd even be remotely jealous about, even at our lowest we've shown that we're still in front of them with memberships and attendances.

Thankfully for us they're way more interested in trying to convince their supporters that they're better than us than they are in actually trying to achieve it.

Last edited:
Davies is a massive flog and he's part of the problem down there.

They're obsessed with selling this belief to the public that they're better than us, but it's just all hot air because what is there to actually be jealous of? We have more AFL flags, more supporters, more financially stable and a much bigger profile than they do.

There's literally nothing at all that we'd even be remotely jealous about, even at our lowest we've shown that we're still in front of them with memberships and attendances.

Thankfully for us they're way more interested in trying to convince their supporters that they're better than us than they are in actually trying to achieve it.

He makes it out as if we're jealous of their history, forgetting that Adelaide was born from all the SANFL clubs and their rich history in the state

He makes it out as if we're jealous of their history, forgetting that Adelaide was born from all the SANFL clubs and their rich history in the state
Any time Port trot out History I think of this.

Their History is treated like a PR gimic. Sell merchandise and used as a supposed point of difference to us.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes, they do - according to the guidelines on page 6 of this document:

Whether the MRO refers to the tribunal depends on the MRO's grading of the offence; not whether the MRO thinks the penalty is insufficient.

For example, if the MRO classifies an offence as Intentional / High / to the body, then that's 2 matches. The MRO can't decide that "2 matches isn't sufficient, so I'll refer it to
Semantics, the MRO can determine an offence isn't adequately covered by a scheduled offence under 3.1

Quick question regarding Kayo (not sure where to put this).

If you have a 2 screen subscription, even though you can use simultaneously on 2 devices, does it restrict the actual devices you can use? Can I change from device to device and not be restricted so long as only 2 devices are being used at any one point in time?

The reason I ask is that at one stage Foxtel restricted devices you can use and you had to remove a device to add another. It was restricted at a device level (I assume MAC address) and not a login level.

Any clarification would be appreciated. Cheers

Quick question regarding Kayo (not sure where to put this).

If you have a 2 screen subscription, even though you can use simultaneously on 2 devices, does it restrict the actual devices you can use? Can I change from device to device and not be restricted so long as only 2 devices are being used at any one point in time?

The reason I ask is that at one stage Foxtel restricted devices you can use and you had to remove a device to add another. It was restricted at a device level (I assume MAC address) and not a login level.

Any clarification would be appreciated. Cheers

I've had no issues moving between devices as long as there are only two active streams at one time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching malcolm blight on open mike (replay of an old interview)..gee blight talks common sense. When asked about his huge torp for north, does he promote his players trying it he said hell yes, we practice it because what if you get to a grand final and have a kick from 60m and have not practised them...you are mentally beaten.

Just a unique guy and an icon

Any time Port trot out History I think of this.

Their History is treated like a PR gimic. Sell merchandise and used as a supposed point of difference to us.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have you noticed that all the 1870 crap and the SANFL flags only started becoming important to them once they began to realise that they're a mid tier club in the AFL.

Back in 97 it was all about how Port were going to dominate the AFL and win flags every year.

All we heard were these grandiose predictions and hypothetical premierships that Port were destined to win. They didn't care whether they were Port Power or that they wore teal because they were going to "dominate the AFL".

Gradually that mentally had died off and now all they have is to massively over inflate their history because they have nothing else.

Last edited:
Have you noticed that all the 1870 crap and the SANFL flags only started becoming important to them once they began to realise that they're a mid tier club in the AFL.

Back in 97 it was all about how Port were going to dominate the AFL and win flags every year.

All we heard were these grandiose predictions and hypothetical premierships that Port were destined to win. They didn't care whether they were Port Power or that they wore teal because they were going to "dominate the AFL".

Gradually that mentally had died off and now all they have is to massively over inflate their history because they nothing else.
And the fact they were broke as well. I'm still sure to this day they were trading whilst insolvent. If they were any other business they would have folded.

Gradually that mentally had died off and now all they have is to massively over inflate their history because they nothing else.

Kochie is banking on the fact Port have been in the AFL now long enough that the identity crises will change into honouring their heritage. He has a point in a way. u35s can say they barracked for Port their whole life and not know any different in regards for the hatred of Port as a club amongst the other fans. A lot of Port fans now happily go for all the other Sanfl sides. So the change has occurred to a degree.

However, there comes a point in honouring the heritage that you need to honour the legacy of the original AFL premiership team and the jumper they wore. Since most fans who are u35 associate with that jumper and beyond, the Prison Bars obsession is becoming dated and the star footballers of yesteryear the jumper honours are all edging the wrong side of 55 and most never ever got close to playing AFL football let alone representing their state. Kochie is probably in the prime Prison Bars years and doesnt even know it. Should play showdowns in the Premiership jumper and save the Prison Bars for special occasions.

And the fact they were broke as well. I'm still sure to this day they were trading whilst insolvent. If they were any other business they would have folded.

Williams is to blame for driving crowds away. He made crowds aggressive and hostile through his anti crows media rhetoric that crossed the line. There is good banter but he went to extremes, just like his super aggressive statements against Nick Stevens when he left. People stopped going because the crowds become terrible places for kids. As good as a coach as he was, he was the worst personality for fans. I know first hand that a lot of Crows fans bought Port memberships to go every week. Williams stupidly bit the hand that fed that pathetic club and they've been small fry ever since. Think about it, I would say by 2004 they were just about on par as big fish. Williams killed it and 2007 was the icing on the cake.

Kochie is banking on the fact Port have been in the AFL now long enough that the identity crises will change into honouring their heritage. He has a point in a way. u35s can say they barracked for Port their whole life and not know any different in regards for the hatred of Port as a club amongst the other fans. A lot of Port fans now happily go for all the other Sanfl sides. So the change has occurred to a degree.

However, there comes a point in honouring the heritage that you need to honour the legacy of the original AFL premiership team and the jumper they wore. Since most fans who are u35 associate with that jumper and beyond, the Prison Bars obsession is becoming dated and the star footballers of yesteryear the jumper honours are all edging the wrong side of 55 and most never ever got close to playing AFL football let alone representing their state. Kochie is probably in the prime Prison Bars years and doesnt even know it. Should play showdowns in the Premiership jumper and save the Prison Bars for special occasions.
Well put. Its a bit like your father telling you how good things were back in his day growing up...its nostalgia value but the modern life has moved on and the younger generation can't relate to something they never knew

My wife is a Norwood supporter and supports Port in the AFL and she actually hates all the prison bar crap.

She came home from the Showdown and told me that when they unveiled the prison bar banner at the northern end that she deliberately didn't stand up and clap and said that she wasn't alone in not acknowledging or caring about it.

I've lost track of the amount of times she told me how she's sick to death of the club and supporters being so obsessed with it. She loves the original AFL guernsey and for her that's what she associates with Port and the 2004 premiership, it pisses her off that the club continually ignores their early AFL history and their original guernsey.

Next year is 20 years since their 1 and only AFL flag so if the club once again spends next year banging on about black and white prison bars and not acknowledge their original guernsey then that club will never get it. Eventually continually pandering to a group of boomer and Gen X Port supporters will start to wear thin with the younger supporters that have zero connection to that era.

Last edited:
My wife is a Norwood supporter and supports Port in the AFL and she actually hates all the prison bar crap.

She came home from the Showdown and told me that when they unveiled the prison bar banner at the northern end that she deliberately didn't stand up and clap and said that she wasn't alone in not acknowledging or caring about it.

I've lost track of the amount of times she told me how she's sick to death of the club and supporters being so obsessed with it. She loves the original AFL guernsey and for her that's what she associates with Port and the 2004 premiership, it pisses her off that the club continually ignores their early AFL history and their original guernsey.

Next year is 20 years since their 1 and only AFL flag so if the club once again spends next year banging on about black and white prison bars and not acknowledge their original guernsey then that club will never get it. Eventually continually pandering to a group of boomer and Gen X Port supporters will start to wear thin with the younger supporters that have zero connection to that era.

I will never understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back