Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilarious Port traded their future first for a second and a future second. If any club runs the risk of dropping out of finals contention and earning a top 10 pick next year its Port. That is some special kind of belief they have going there. Its only for mediocre players as well. It also means Port run the risk of having fremantles future second be in the 30s if Fremantle have a blinder.

Port board taking the pick trade surprisingly well

Did we seriously trade next years first for this years pick 23….I’ve never heard of a club self sabotaging as much as that. We just r*ped ourselves
I am still trying to figure out why they did it..

I cant believe the crows didnt get in on that..

we shouldve offered 20 and our second next year..

port will have a tougher draw next year.. they could drop again. And our second could be a late one.

its almost like geelong said “we arent accepting anything less for Rat than your future first”

so ports decided to trade it so they can then say “well, stuff you, we havent got it anymore so you’ll have to accept this”.. thinking geelong begrudgingly will..

and now all geelong have said is ”nope, sorry, 22 wont be enough, we’ll be asking for more!”

Interesting comment on the radio just now that Freo seem to be losing a lot of players who have Colin Young as manager.

That bloke is a parasite and seems to have an issue with certain clubs.
I think Mutineer warned against taking Colin Young players in drafts - but sometimes you have to and hope

I am still trying to figure out why they did it..

I cant believe the crows didnt get in on that..

we shouldve offered 20 and our second next year..

port will have a tougher draw next year.. they could drop again. And our second could be a late one.

its almost like geelong said “we arent accepting anything less for Rat than your future first”

so ports decided to trade it so they can then say “well, stuff you, we havent got it anymore so you’ll have to accept this”.. thinking geelong begrudgingly will..

and now all geelong have said is ”nope, sorry, 22 wont be enough, we’ll be asking for more!”

Yeah is a phenomenal gamble. If Port drop to 9 or 10 or even worse thats a top 10 pick they just traded. Even if they finish the same position on the ladder with pick 13 or 14 is it still a win? Not one of the players they are bringing in are star players. they are merely at best experienced soldiers. It is unlikely they will improve beyond their current position on the ladder. The Crows will be ahead of them, St Kilda probably, Carlton, Collingwood, Melbourne, Brisbane will be all around the mark, not to mention GWS. Sydney will likely be an improver. Thats 8 sides that have a far better list than Port does. Ports midfield ranked top 2. But forward and backlines are garbage.

This will be interesting.

Prediction: This will end in tears for both Crows and Port. Port will be crying and Crows will be crying from laughter.

Port Adelaide star Zak Butters has revealed he was so disappointed to miss out on playing in this year’s AFL grand final that he could not bear to watch it at the MCG.
Butters, who on Monday night won his first John Cahill Medal as the Power’s best-and-fairest, attended pre-match lunches at last month’s premiership decider, only to leave before the match unfolded and drive back from Melbourne to Darley with mates.

People begging for tickets and ol crybaby butters gets a freebie and walks out with his mates because he realises he plays in a crap team with a crap assistant coach, coach.

Port Adelaide star Zak Butters has revealed he was so disappointed to miss out on playing in this year’s AFL grand final that he could not bear to watch it at the MCG.
Butters, who on Monday night won his first John Cahill Medal as the Power’s best-and-fairest, attended pre-match lunches at last month’s premiership decider, only to leave before the match unfolded and drive back from Melbourne to Darley with mates.

People begging for tickets and ol crybaby butters gets a freebie and walks out with his mates because he realises he plays in a crap team with a crap assistant coach, coach.
He just wanted to prove he was driven, he got confused though and thought that actually meant going driving

I honestly believe that Butters go back to Vic at the end of 2025.

Every chance he gets he goes back to Bacchus Marsh and he's someone who I think is a massive flight risk.

I think Mutineer warned against taking Colin Young players in drafts - but sometimes you have to and hope

You just need to watch those agent documentaries to see how much of a dickhead Colin Young is.

I'm with you Zak - I still havent watched 2017 GF

This is horrible. At least he got a flag. Will Hamill surely not far away from this too.

A flag?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We would have given Port more than that…

They were very lucky in a lot of their close wins this season which was shown come finals they weren’t up to it. Could easily see them finishing bottom half of the 8 or even out of the 8. Could be a decent pick in a very good draft. If they were trading for a star I could understand but for some at best foot soldiers? Good luck to them.

We would have given Port more than that…

They were very lucky in a lot of their close wins this season which was shown come finals they weren’t up to it. Could easily see them finishing bottom half of the 8 or even out of the 8. Could be a decent pick in a very good draft. If they were trading for a star I could understand but for some at best foot soldiers? Good luck to them.
Only needs an injury interrupted season to Butters and maybe Rozee and they could fall and fall far. We should have been all over their F1, we really should have.

I honestly believe that Butters go back to Vic at the end of 2025.

Every chance he gets he goes back to Bacchus Marsh and he's someone who I think is a massive flight risk.

Definitely a possibility. He will certainly get huge offers and will the lure of big Melbourne club. Alot could depend on where Port are in a premiership window.

Only needs an injury interrupted season to Butters and maybe Rozee and they could fall and fall far. We should have been all over their F1, we really should have.

I agree they can't expect to get much more out of their best players than they did. JHF will get better.

It's also clear that it is harder to win premierships from outside Victoria. You need to be 10% better than a Victorian club. You have to finish top 4, you can't win on the road four weeks in a row.

Alot also depends on other teams. I expect Brisbane, Melbourne, GWS and Collingwood to continue to be around the mark. Obviously Gold Coast with their midfield could start to challenge once they get a sniff of a winning culture. There will be others but I don't see a weak year if there is such a thing coming up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back