Opinion Non-Crows AFL 9

Which team will finish the 2024 season higher ranked?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why internet voting doesnt work. I think we'd find the same issue if we voted for our best all time best 22. Some of our better early days players will miss out in favour of more current.
Murphy in front of Liptak surely

🥸

This is why internet voting doesnt work. I think we'd find the same issue if we voted for our best all time best 22. Some of our better early days players will miss out in favour of more current.
A big chunk of our supporters.. even some of them in here.. would vote mookay and keays into it!..

They, and the club, love mediocre guys that give their all..

When we got pick 19 for Doedee it was obvious Norf we're getting pick 3 for McKay.

I reckon us getting pick 19 was also dubious. Probably part of the compensation for the Sydney loss.

We would not get pick 19 (or its equivalent) in a trade.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
The only dubious part was the AFL deciding to judge future contracts (with an increased CBA) against past contracts (with a different lower CBA) to determine compensation.

I think they felt everyone getting too much compo for a year was just easier.

It's not
The only dubious part was the AFL deciding to judge future contracts (with an increased CBA) against past contracts (with a different lower CBA) to determine compensation.

I think they felt everyone getting too much compo for a year was just easier.
It's not dubious, they have always done it against the current year salaries, how could they do it against next year's when that data isn't finalised yet.

Remember when we were marginally worse than North a few years ago? Now they're receiving ridiculous hand outs and likely to end up with a midfield of Sheezle, Reid, Wardlaw and Philips.

We got Thilthorpe and Rachele + pick 14
Not sure we were worse than NM.

We had some shitty games in a weird season, but we've been on the improve since then and they've been consistently terrible for about four years.

It's not
It's not dubious, they have always done it against the current year salaries, how could they do it against next year's when that data isn't finalised yet.
Because the vast majority of current signed contracts already have a clause allowing for an automatic increase if a new CBA comes in.

Managers have been including that for the last few years.

Doedee's deal is signed acknowledging that future increase, but 2023 deals don't have the actual increase even if they automatically will in 2024.

Melbourne won 5 flags in 6 years, from 1955-1960... and the only players they could squeeze in from that era was Ron Barassi (plus Norm Smith as coach)? Seriously?
All the people that actually remember those flags well would be 70+ and probably not voting on the team

Sydney clearly don't value Stephens. Compare this caving with them dealing with us for Dawson.
So much in NORTH's favour .....fire sale

North will bundle 25 up now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that's a reasonable deal for Syd for Stephens. He's fringe 22 but young. McAdam's more in the 22 than fringe but not young. Theyre pretty much equivalent is what I'm saying. Dunno if others will agree with me.
If we gave up 25 and McAdam and got an end of first round and a third rounder (ideally next year for us) would you be happy? I would.

That’s smart negotiation, Sts don’t sound keen to keep him and it’s basically telling them accept the compo or he’s yours
Yes I agree, if ESS is bluffing .....I suspect they're not, and then how does the player feel

Why the * would West Coast want to trade pick one for a whole lot of double digit picks? They don't need points like gold coast
That's why I don't think that story is true. No club - even North LOL - is going to make that sort of offer, even as a starting point. It'd be like walking into a Ferrari dealership and saying "I'll start at $20K, now let's haggle".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back