MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

The whole kids giving the players their medals has always been a pretty cringe exercise tbh.
I honestly don't mind it. I think it's something that relatively okay that the AFL does on Grand Final day that reminds me, it is just a game.

But yeah don't sook about a player you've never met getting caught up in the moment and forgetting to shake a hand

We really supposed to be hating Charlie Cameron for missing a handshake? The media and social media seem to think i should

Yeah the kid got snubbed and it sucks and looks awful. Like make no mistake, it sucks for that kid

But also cmon, people sometimes don't think in the moment
It's happened before, usually the player apologises and makes a special visit. Kid probably ends up with a signed guernsey or something. At the end of the day players get caught in the moment. I feel like a Melbourne player did it as well, tom mcdonald? The fact I can't remember shows it's a nothing story.

I honestly don't mind it. I think it's something that relatively okay that the AFL does on Grand Final day that reminds me, it is just a game.

But yeah don't sook about a player you've never met getting caught up in the moment and forgetting to shake a hand
Personally think it all feels very confected and twee. Whenever an incident like this happens people make a whole thing about it. Those kids are happy just to be at the GF and be on TV.

I think yesterday was why having a relaxed and cordial relationship with your players in important, I never saw Horse show an ounce of care to his players "It's My way or leave" feel. Fagan was different, he was chilled but focused, he dearly loves his players and players reciprocated. A lot of druthers when he first was appointed as Lions S.C. was that he is "too old" and that "he won't get the young players". Both of those were emphatically put to bed yesterday.

An unsung hero was Luke Hodge as well. I think that he gave them the blueprint on success along with Fagan.

Interesting what Chris Fagan will do in 3 years time.

Will he stay in Brisbane and still be Lions H.C.?

Or

Will he Go home and be the inaugural Tassie H.C.?
Love him for Tassie but feel like he may be a bit old and not have the fire to restart. Some sort of advisory role or on the board would be good though.

Love him for Tassie but feel like he may be a bit old and not have the fire to restart. Some sort of advisory role or on the board would be good though.
Probably, but he did look younger than Horse yesterday.

What would be funny if the both Chris's, who embarrassed the Swans on GF day(2022 and 2024), were to be in Tassie so that they could reopen those scars in a few years time.

Maybe his nephew Frodo will be up to it.

Also, credit to the curators. The ground still looked like it had 6 more months of AFL traffic left. The MCG turf held up well.
Now that i'm in cricket mode it'd better not get a shit wicket on it for boxing day

Now that i'm in cricket mode it'd better not get a shit wicket on it for boxing day
Yeah I remember the 'G getting warnings from the ICC for having such bad pitches. First it was a road that the batsmen could sleepwalk to a double tonne and giving nothing for the bowlers, then it had way too much juice for the batsmen whilst giving the bowlers a dream pitch,

I do prefer the latter, though. A 75 on a lively deck is worth 200+ on a road. And hopefully with the Indians, it goes for the whole 5 days. As much as I like The Ashes and smashing the old enemy around, The Indians are a close second of one of my favourite rivalries with the BGT, NZ a third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally think it all feels very confected and twee. Whenever an incident like this happens people make a whole thing about it. Those kids are happy just to be at the GF and be on TV.
"Twee" is a great word, 'legs.

Remove this Banner Ad

MFC Fans Only Non-Demons AFL Discussion – 2024: This year stinks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back