Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blues approaching WCE Derby levels of in game injury.

Joining Welcome Home GIF

*not cheering for injuries

My tipping has been average this year, but luckily I went off Carlton early and that's single handedly seen me go top.

I don't think Carlton's list is as good as it's viewed, but they still have a lot of alleged 'A' graders and they've fallen off a cliff.

Unfortunately for Voss It's a matter of when and not if he gets the boot. Time to crank up the merry-go-round again.

Carlton somehow want for nothing but want for everything at the same time. Those bookends and those midfielders, yet they are still garbage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton stand like a chilling warning for us about how getting stuck in a revolving door of rebuilds and coaches can go on for a very very long time. Simmo needs to stay for the rebuild if he's up for it and we stop the losses. Got to get more than the 2 wins for the year.
Only have to look down the hwy for that

Only warning that needs to be heeded is that rebuilding through trading and free agency is guaranteed to fail.

It’s a bloody stupid way to rebuild yet so many dumb campaigners are enamoured by the idea of throwing the war chest at a heap of local free agents and expect good results.

You can’t bring a heap of players in from random teams, give them an inflated sense of self worth, and expect them to gel and play as a strong cohesive team.

Carlton somehow want for nothing but want for everything at the same time. Those bookends and those midfielders, yet they are still garbage.
Spent far too much on top-end players and neglected the bottom 6-8 in the side.

They're cooked but that's the Carlton way.

At least we ain't in the position Carlton's in. Bring in all these free agents, a Brownlow medalist nearing 30 with a lot of miles on his body without a single finals game and two Coleman medalists where one couldn't kick a ball into the ocean after extending his contract for SEVEN years and will barely be fighting for bottom half of the top 8. Yikes.

Only warning that needs to be heeded is that rebuilding through trading and free agency is guaranteed to fail.

It’s a bloody stupid way to rebuild yet so many dumb campaigners are enamoured by the idea of throwing the war chest at a heap of local free agents and expect good results.

You can’t bring a heap of players in from random teams, give them an inflated sense of self worth, and expect them to gel and play as a strong cohesive team.

TK broke us

When we got slaughtered by Carlton there were a few mouthy blues supporters quite willing to gloat after their win on the way out of the ground.

All I could manage in response was a pithy little “Enjoy ninth” half out loud half under my breath

Little did I know 9th was being optimistic

Look at this line-up:

Screenshot_20230526_225948_AFL.jpg

Weitering
Cripps
C Curnow
Walsh

I'd say they are A-grade talent

McKay*
Saad*
Docherty*
Cerra
De Konig
McGovern

B-grade maybe (*not far off A-grade)

Then it just falls off a cliff to good old fashioned spudleyness. The gulf between their top end talent and bottom end is massive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back