Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

🤮 🤢

He’s so arrogant and smug. And now he’s got the Lord Farqauud hair too.
He may be wrong with the won’t pick him but there is every chance the go home factor will happen.

He may be wrong with the won’t pick him but there is every chance the go home factor will happen.
Hopefully at a time when we still have some decent draft capital

Hopefully at a time when we still have some decent draft capital
I wonder how much it depends how where out side build sits when we do too.

Is he a player the player that final piece kinda thing or will there be 3,4,5 holes still in the list where maybe its not in our best interest if we could have gotten 3-4 first round picks.

Is he a player the player that final piece kinda thing or will there be 3,4,5 holes still in the list where maybe its not in our best interest if we could have gotten 3-4 first round picks.
I think he’s such a rare type I’d happily spend a couple of first rounders on him

Holes or not. If you've got the chance to bring in a generational talent, you do it. Deal with that other stuff later.

I remember once I suggested an approach to Harry Cunningham as a hard working nuggety presence in the backline and got absolutely slaughtered.

He’s about to play in his second grand final, about to hit 200 games the Swans absolutely love him to pieces.

is he better than jake kelly. has he ever kicked someone who tried to take a cool mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember once I suggested an approach to Harry Cunningham as a hard working nuggety presence in the backline and got absolutely slaughtered.

He’s about to play in his second grand final, about to hit 200 games the Swans absolutely love him to pieces.
I’m quite certain I still don’t know who he is.

PETA want the Western Bulldogs to drop the Bulldogs monkier and change to the Mutts. :tearsofjoy:
Because....???? Do they want any of the other animal based names changed as well?

That just seems a really bizarre thing to focus any energy at all on.

PETA want the Western Bulldogs to drop the Bulldogs monkier and change to the Mutts. :tearsofjoy:

Thought you were taking the piss. Much of the breeding industry is detestable but I'm not sure PETA spending their energies in this way will ever achieve anything of note.

The Western Bulldogs AFL club have been urged to retire their mascots and undertake a name change after receiving a complaint from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) over their ‘deformed’ Bulldogs Caesar and Sunny.

This is not a joke.

PETA campaign advisor in Australia, Mimi Bekhechi, issued a letter to the club president Kylie Watson-Wheeler calling upon the club to recognise the health issues with the bulldog breed and suggested the club would do more to promote animal wellbeing by being renamed the Western Mutts.

The activist group believe the use of the live mascots Caesar and Sunny normalises and promotes the breeding of breathing-impaired breeds (BIB) who suffer with deformities and severe health problems – including brachycephalic syndrome, a leading cause of death for bulldogs.

“Extremely short snouts spell suffering,” said Bekhechi.

The Bulldogs have live mascots that attend their matches. Picture: Getty

The Bulldogs have live mascots that attend their matches. Picture: Getty

“By showcasing Caesar and Sunny at games and events and promoting their breeder, the team is – however unwittingly – supporting the intentional breeding of dogs with painful and debilitating deformities.”

In the letter to Watson-Wheeler, PETA suggested the club could promote homeless animals with a name change and even offered to help “contribute to rebranding costs.”

“We have a suggestion that’ll modernise Western Bulldogs’ image: retire Caesar and

Sunny and rename the club the “Western Mutts”,” PETA wrote in a letter to the club boss.

“By not promoting breathing impaired dog breeds (BIB) ... you’d avoid normalising their suffering and instead help champion loveable and unique mixed-breed dogs, who typically live longer and are healthier than their flat-faced cousins.

PETA has called for the Western Bulldogs to change their mascots and nickname. Picture: Mark Stewart

PETA has called for the Western Bulldogs to change their mascots and nickname. Picture: Mark Stewart

“By relinquishing Caesar and Sunny’s mascot duties to your willing human costumed mascots and renaming the team the “Western Mutts”, you’d be taking a stand against the “pedigree” dog–breeding industry while championing the adoption of wonderful mixed breeds and other homeless animals.”

The Western Bulldogs club said they were not aware of a letter from PETA and did not wish to make a comment on the matter at this time.

While animal nicknames are not uncommon in Australian sport, the Western Bulldogs and West Coast Eagles and the NRL’s Canterbury Bulldogs and Brisbane Broncos, are the only clubs known in those codes to have used real animals as their mascots on game day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Back