Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the articled from Duff?? Several paragraphs to just to say people were mean to them 35 years ago so now they're a bit conservative? Please.

Surely the story here is the governance structure they have is not working because it's full of yes-men who would rather steer their club into a ditch than rock the boat. (Great isn't it).

I was talking to a WC supporter this week and he was surprisingly bullish. Despite them looking like they're coming into five years of being shit.

Even when Freo are going well I think we're one loss away from disaster.

Would love nothing more than Buddy to kick 6 in the second half and put Carlton to the sword. But it’s looking like the game has passed him by. Struggling even to halve contests.

I can’t wait for the day that smug git Nathan Brown and all his stupid Multis are gone from our TV screens during games.
It literally can’t happen soon enough. I wonder what’s Andrew Dillons position on gambling advertising?
Don’t expect it to me much different to Gill unfortunately.

love the two curnows playing together as it reminds me of my younger brother who is better at footy than me (key position advantage). i'm one to take it on from the d50 with 30s to go too

In a lather of indecision, I tipped Sydney and put a small amount of money on Carlton, so I'm not quite sure how to feel at this juncture.

Acres kicking over/on the heads of key forwards who can't kick straight anyway does feel amusingly familiar.

They won't fire him - that'd mean not only copping the financial penalty, but Nisbett and the movers and shakers on the board actually admitting they got it wrong.

No, if they want him gone he'll get the same treatment Judge got - low level bullying, leaks of personal/family info to The West/6PR, players going around him to the CEO/board - until it's too unpleasant to contemplate staying in the job and he quits. That's how they operate.

West Coast’s head of communications and the long-time right-hand man to chief executive Trevor Nisbett told media coach Adam Simpson would be encouraged to take a long break at the end of the season.

The West Australian can reveal Gary Stocks, who has been in the position since it was created in 2000, sent a text message statement to the Herald Sun on Wednesday saying: “When our season ends he will be encouraged to take an extended break to refresh.”

But the club tried to back-track shortly after, releasing another club statement saying it wasn’t true.

The Budgies are nothing if not predictable (if a fair sight less competent at this stuff than they used to be.)

Interesting comparing the differences between the two clubs.

West: Something something negative about Freo
Freo: that’s a crock of shit
West: Crickets (ie, yea it is a crock of shit)

West: Something something negative about WC
WC: That’s a crock of shit
West: Achtually here is the receipts…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If blues could kick straight they would be well in front, Sydney struggling all over the ground. Franklin is so past it, bit sad.

Haha, you can fly to Quebec Ciry if you want on the 27th and we’ll catch up 😝
That's 1,100 miles from me, so I'm gonna pass. But what's in Quebec City? You need to come to the Windy City, baby. We got the goods. I'll get you a coffee fit for an Ozzie. We could even catch a USAFL Chicago swans game. :)

Quite enjoying the Carlton schadenfreude tonight, hopefully they can cap off the 4th with 1.5 and shanking 2 OOTF for a narrow loss. If they keep kicking it to McKay, they’ll achieve that.
Highly unlikely as boundary umps won't call ootf unless the balls kicked outta da faarkin stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back