Mega Thread Non-Freo AFL Discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone would reverse Cerra leaving if it meant not getting Amiss, but that's not to say he wouldn't get a game if he was still with us. We would be better with him in the team somewhere, absolutely no doubt in my mind. The kid can play.

I dont see who Cerra would replace - Serong? Brayshaw? O'meara? Fyfe?

maybe he could replace Johnson but i'd argue Johnson offers more and is coming on much quicker, and is also a better in close decision maker and much tougher than Cerra. I'd happily take Johnson over Cerra.

Cerra could maybe get a wing position? I dont think he's a good enough line breaker for a wingman though but we are weak in that area anyway at present - having said that, henry's last 2 weeks is positive.

Also, the games we've been crap in the midfield, Cerra wouldnt have made a difference - we lacked toughness on those occassions and tough is the furtherest adjective from Cerra I can think of.

interested to hear who you think we'd drop to bring Cerra into our midfield?
These glasses have a severe tint of purple. It's actually ridiculous to say Cerra wouldn't be getting a game with us, he would and he'd be one of our best players.

I dont see who Cerra would replace - Serong? Brayshaw? O'meara? Fyfe?

maybe he could replace Johnson but i'd argue Johnson offers more and is coming on much quicker, and is also a better in close decision maker and much tougher than Cerra. I'd happily take Johnson over Cerra.

Cerra could maybe get a wing position? I dont think he's a good enough line breaker for a wingman though but we are weak in that area anyway at present - having said that, henry's last 2 weeks is positive.

Also, the games we've been crap in the midfield, Cerra wouldnt have made a difference - we lacked toughness on those occassions and tough is the furtherest adjective from Cerra I can think of.

interested to hear who you think we'd drop to bring Cerra into our midfield?

Ridiculously one eyed. I don't particularly like Cerra, but he would currently be our 3rd best midfielder and selected ahead of Fyfe, JOM, Aish, Johnson, Erasmus, NOD, Henry, Brodie. And Johnson is the only one (considering the decline of the old guys) who could reasonably be projected to be better in the future.

Yeah Serong, Brayshaw, Cerra would be a dream team in the center.
But as has been said he got us Amiss so it’s totally a win all up & Johnson is going to be seriously good. Not so sure about Erasmus but time will tell as always.
I always come back to just how those three compliment each other so well and it shits before I remember we literally dont have Amiss, Brodie and Johnson if he stays sooo it's all good.

At this stage, I'm just going to back Walls on whoever the **** he drafts because the man doesnt seem to miss

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ridiculously one eyed. I don't particularly like Cerra, but he would currently be our 3rd best midfielder and selected ahead of Fyfe, JOM, Aish, Johnson, Erasmus, NOD, Henry, Brodie. And Johnson is the only one (considering the decline of the old guys) who could reasonably be projected to be better in the future.
Wow! you're calling me one eyed but you think the coaching staff would select Cerra over Fyfe, O'meara & Aish? that's ludicrous. NOD & Brodie arent in the team, Ras is a sub at best.

I'm just curious, who you can genuinely say, inside who would Cerra replace? there's no way he would replace any of Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe or O'meara and on current form and favouritism, JL wouldnt put him on a wing over Henry and Aish either. He'd only be fighting for a spot with Johnson and as ive said Johnson has way more upside - he's tougher, taller, and makes better decisions in close.

Last edited:
I always come back to just how those three compliment each other so well and it shits before I remember we literally dont have Amiss, Brodie and Johnson if he stays sooo it's all good.

At this stage, I'm just going to back Walls on whoever the * he drafts because the man doesnt seem to miss
We could be overrating him but you feel that Johnson will be an upgrade on him anyway.

These glasses have a severe tint of purple. It's actually ridiculous to say Cerra wouldn't be getting a game with us, he would and he'd be one of our best players.
seriously though - who would he replace and in what position? As i've stated could you see the coaching staff replace any of Brayshaw, Serong, Fyfe or O'meara with Cerra? Cerra would be fighting with Johnson for a fill in type role and right now Johnson offers more - tougher, taller, better decision maker in close.

The other thing if Cerra was in the midfield with Serong and Brayshaw that is a remarkably small and one dimensional midfield. we actually need a bigger body in there which is where Johnson pips him for me.

Our 2013 midfield was amazing because we had big tall bodies in there. Currently we're probably too small - got beaten up badly by the bigger stronger giants. Cerra in our midfield right now wouldnt work. there's much better players on our list in front of him

Yeah Serong, Brayshaw, Cerra would be a dream team in the center.
But as has been said he got us Amiss so it’s totally a win all up & Johnson is going to be seriously good. Not so sure about Erasmus but time will tell as always.
That midfield would be way too undersized. This is why Johnson is an upgrade.

That midfield would be way too undersized. This is why Johnson is an upgrade.
Cerra is a decent size himself and if the magical football fairy turned Benning into Cerra, he can take a wing spot over any of our current options comfortably, or, I'd move JOM more to the forwardline or wing. Regardless, Cerra is a gun and fits in any team.

seriously though - who would he replace and in what position? As i've stated could you see the coaching staff replace any of Brayshaw, Serong, Fyfe or O'meara with Cerra? Cerra would be fighting with Johnson for a fill in type role and right now Johnson offers more - tougher, taller, better decision maker in close.

The other thing if Cerra was in the midfield with Serong and Brayshaw that is a remarkably small and one dimensional midfield. we actually need a bigger body in there which is where Johnson pips him for me.

Our 2013 midfield was amazing because we had big tall bodies in there. Currently we're probably too small - got beaten up badly by the bigger stronger giants. Cerra in our midfield right now wouldnt work. there's much better players on our list in front of him
cerra is 188cm not exactly small, bigger than JOM. again hed be in for JOM and Fyfe no problem. it would just be a matter of shifting players around anyway, he would be in.

Licking Jackie Chan GIF

cerra is 188cm not exactly small, bigger than JOM. again hed be in for JOM and Fyfe no problem. it would just be a matter of shifting players around anyway, he would be in.
Haha you've been smoking from Benny's piece pipe. No way if he walked in right now that he would be selected in front of Fyfe or O'meara

Cerra is a decent size himself and if the magical football fairy turned Benning into Cerra, he can take a wing spot over any of our current options comfortably, or, I'd move JOM more to the forwardline or wing. Regardless, Cerra is a gun and fits in any team.
Well we'll have to agree to disagree - i dont see who Cerra would force out of our current side. I dont see him taking a spot from Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe, O'meara or Johnson. And then just shifting a mid to a forward doesnt work either - O'meara et al wouldnt take a spot from Swit, Schultz, Freddy or Walters up forward

Well we'll have to agree to disagree - i dont see who Cerra would force out of our current side. I dont see him taking a spot from Serong, Brayshaw, Fyfe, O'meara or Johnson. And then just shifting a mid to a forward doesnt work either - O'meara et al wouldnt take a spot from Swit, Schultz, Freddy or Walters up forward
You seem to keep ignoring the wing thing like, even if you think he's not being picked ahead of O'Meara or Johnson (he would be), surely you'd agree he plays ahead of any of the other wing options we had during the year?

Agree to disagree indeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back