Oppo Camp Non-Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the FB AFL groups provide a good laugh in the off season. Like one by some Hawfies idiot who said he can't wait for Hawks vs Geelong Geriatrics, despite the fact the Hawfies have an older list.
Was fun watching him getting cut down though.

Anyone else watching the NT football to get their fix?
I just put on the 2017 Grand Final when I want my footy fix

Does this make us technically now Gore-givers?.

I mean we gave him to AFC and now we have him back.

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let him have a bumper year, get drafted back to us next year and ohhhh let the cheese oooze.

GO Catters

So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let him have a bumper year, get drafted back to us next year and ohhhh let the cheese oooze.

GO Catters
We can always use him in a trade for Sloane next year ;)

GO Catters

Imagine the melts if we re-listed him in 2019 and he and Danger set up the winning goal in a grand final against the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might be a stupid question - but why was Pods their defensive coach?

Wouldn't it have made more sense for him to be a forward coach or were they hoping that he would teach the defenders about how forwards would play and hence how to play on forwards?

It seems a very Geelong thing to do - I'm guessing next year we will see Scarlett as our new forwards coach using this thinking
Cause he played on Plugger that one time

Scott also said Hawkins wasn't injured and didn't need a rest (then needed a rest in the first final) said we never ever play injured players till their 100% then played Henderson in a prelim (who got injured again), said there was no risk putting Selwood back on the ground (who got injured again) and said we had a plan against Sydney (but couldn't say what it was)
Look C.S does press conferences better than anyone else but I wouldn't be taking what he says in them seriously at all.

I actually think that his point is insightful. He may be cagey with injuries, because obviously, that's because he doesn't want the opposition to be able plan for his lineup.

But he does have a point as to how little knowledge fans and superficial observers have about the actual systems of the game.

Wasn't the result in 08 gf we wanted, but I fixed on YouTube last night for some ga'j highlights and fix for the *return

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Happy birthday old timer :shortcake::thumbsu:

Yep. life is tough when you are in your late 30's.:p

17qx0t.jpg

Age is just a number accompanied by a few extra aches and pains.

In Rabbi's case you can also add receiving a few free beers.

Yep, the aches and pains are an indication that you are getting old. I know all about that.
But you also get stiff in all the wrong places too.

GOLD Coast recruit Harrison Wigg has suffered a major pre-season setback.

The former Adelaide midfielder suffered a fractured ankle at training on Monday and is set to miss a significant amount time.

It’s a blow to the 21-year-old who was traded to the Suns in October and loomed as a likely addition to the club’s midfield.

Drafted with pick No.35 in 2014, Wigg matured into an inside midfielder at SANFL level, averaging 25 disposals and five tackles in 2017, earning a place in the SANFL Team of the Year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...p/news-story/bce9519c447bd3bbbd11654e044ea6ab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back