Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
THURSDAY night teams are back.

After strong fan feedback the AFL has confirmed that team announcements will return to their traditional Thursday night slot, starting from round 10.

AFL Chief Executive Officer Gillon McLachlan said the League had changed the format in 2020 to accommodate for shorter turnarounds between games.

Team announcement timings for round 10 onwards

Thursday games
– final teams (18 players, 4 interchange players, 4 emergencies). Announced Wednesday, 6.20pm AEST

Friday and Saturday games – final teams (18 players, 4 interchange players, 4 emergencies). Announced Thursday, 6.20pm AEST

Sunday and Monday games – extended squads (18 players, 8 emergencies). Announced Thursday, 6.20pm AEST

Sunday games – final teams (18 players, 4 interchange players, 4 emergencies). Announced Friday, 5.00pm AEST

Monday games – final teams (18 players, 4 interchange players, 4 emergencies). Announced Saturday, 4.30pm AEST

If games are to be played on Tuesday or Wednesday, final teams will be announced at 6:20pm AEST the day prior to the match.

Confirmation that Narkle was out on Saturday night - maybe just a bit unlucky for Richmond that both players play for the club, and the other players out that night were lucky to not get caught up also

Geelong confirmed on Tuesday midfielder Quinton Narkle was among a large group of AFL players from several clubs at Club Yoyo on Saturday night celebrating the birthday of Shai Bolton’s partner.

Confirmation that Narkle was out on Saturday night - maybe just a bit unlucky for Richmond that both players play for the club, and the other players out that night were lucky to not get caught up also

Geelong confirmed on Tuesday midfielder Quinton Narkle was among a large group of AFL players from several clubs at Club Yoyo on Saturday night celebrating the birthday of Shai Bolton’s partner.

God, who cares? This sort of scrutiny is ridiculous. Players aren’t allowed lives?

God, who cares? This sort of scrutiny is ridiculous. Players aren’t allowed lives?

Never said that, and nothing wrong with the players having a night out, celebrating a loved ones birthday etc

And there's no doubt that players from all clubs would have nights out, would go to night clubs or other venues etc, and in 99% of cases we'd be none the wiser as to whom was out doing what

The only reason we've been made aware of this situation is because of the alteration that occurred - but let's not be naive to think that Geelong players aren't out on weekends, and that there's not the potential to get caught up in this sort of thing

This sort of stuff gets brushed aside when they are winning. It becomes a lot more of an issue when they aren’t. I hope the off field incidents keep happening, and they keep losing. Then the heat really comes on them.
Absolutely - it's very easy to criticise losing badly, but winning badly is something that should draw more public attention. As much as I've despised Hawthorn over the years, at least they weren't stooping to the level of Richmond.
Our last brawls (that I know of anyway) were David Johnson and Chappy. A while ago now.

Your last point is ridiculous, that was no scandal, it was footy players mucking around in the change rooms. Which all footy clubs do all of the time and have forever. Either way, I'm refraining from being sanctimonious. Every single club has dark skeletons in its history, pretending it's only clubs we don't like is even more absurd than usual.

Just let me hate on the Tigers in peace, please.

Never said that, and nothing wrong with the players having a night out, celebrating a loved ones birthday etc

And there's no doubt that players from all clubs would have nights out, would go to night clubs or other venues etc, and in 99% of cases we'd be none the wiser as to whom was out doing what

The only reason we've been made aware of this situation is because of the alteration that occurred - but let's not be naive to think that Geelong players aren't out on weekends, and that there's not the potential to get caught up in this sort of thing

Yep and unfortunately sometimes players can do absolutely nothing wrong and get caught up in stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone's dobbed him in I'm sure. It's too random and unlikely for an AFL star to be searched that way.

Not really.

With the lack of international flights, the AFP at airports have have nothing left to do but search domestic flights these days.
I would of flown on at least 15 domestic flights this year and have had the sniffer dogs check my bags on 3 occassions.
In all my years of flying domestically it's only ever happened once before.

On international flights it's common to see them on arrival, particularly at the baggage carousels.

The punch is a funny one. That feels embellished to me. Maybe it was heated words.

Neither.
For some reason it just became fodder, similar that Rohan was cheating on his partner with her, even though they'd been seperated since before the hub. Maybe people just wanting to put more juice into the story.

The punch is a funny one. That feels embellished to me. Maybe it was heated words.

The story went that Hawkins smashed him in the face. But it clearly didn't happen as Rohan was never seen training or playing with a mark on him, and during games he and hawk celebrated goals together etc, from around the time the incident apparently occurred. It was just made up bullshit. Heated words? Possibly.

Someone's dobbed him in I'm sure. It's too random and unlikely for an AFL star to be searched that way.

Sniffer dogs at airports are common. And you could smell 25 grams of weed from a mile away. Unless he used the old prison wallet to try to sneak it through. Would make for an uncomfortable flight though :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back