Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could hav ebee
Sounds like a case of wrong place at the wrong time for Bolton & Rioli

Richmond duo Shai Bolton and Daniel Rioli have been involved a nightclub fight that’s left Bolton with a broken wrist and Rioli with stitches under his eye.

The Tigers confirmed reports on Monday.

The club says the altercation took place after Rioli’s girlfriend was subjected to “inappropriate behavior” by another patron.

Bolton became involved in the ensuing altercation and sustained a fractured wrist that will require surgery.

He will be sidelined for the next two to three weeks.

Could have been home in bed, should have been home in bed. Nightclubs and footballers are not a good mix.

Could hav ebee

Could have been home in bed, should have been home in bed. Nightclubs and footballers are not a good mix.
I think it’s absolutely pointless going to the club during the season , why would the want to go out drinking when they can be at home recovering ...even if they were “sober” you’re surrounded by drunk dickheads who are going to mouth off at you due to your public profile

JeffK think Haw only need to go the draft the next two years ..and they will be set for another decade of very good competitive football.

Deluded. One pick is the difference between finishing first and last. Two years. Two picks. If he thinks it only two drafts... good luck to him and them (not really)

They don’t need him but it’s about the 1000 goals now, so he will play when fit every time until he reaches it, and I think every footy fan hopes he does, could be the last for a very, very long time.

Actually hard to see how it will ever happen again if Buddy doesn't get there. Modern defensive systems (sadly) are way too effective.

Bolton breaking his wrist in a nightclub fight - Richmond are just such a bunch of feral idiots - players and supporters alike.

When was the last time a Geelong player broke a bone in a public fight?
When was the last time a Geelong player breached quarantine rules?
When was the last time a Geelong player had a criminal father who was barred from entering the country? Or was tied with drug gangs?
When was the last time a Geelong player brought the club into disrepute for a groping scandal in the rooms?

Such an irredeemable stain of a club. How anyone gets behind an organisation like this, lead by a twat like Hardwick, is utterly beyond me.

Our last brawls (that I know of anyway) were David Johnson and Chappy. A while ago now.

Your last point is ridiculous, that was no scandal, it was footy players mucking around in the change rooms. Which all footy clubs do all of the time and have forever. Either way, I'm refraining from being sanctimonious. Every single club has dark skeletons in its history, pretending it's only clubs we don't like is even more absurd than usual.

They don’t need him but it’s about the 1000 goals now, so he will play when fit every time until he reaches it, and I think every footy fan hopes he does, could be the last for a very, very long time.

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he didn't. Was top shelf once but isn't now, and shouldn't be guaranteed a game indefinitely just to reach a milestone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton breaking his wrist in a nightclub fight - Richmond are just such a bunch of feral idiots - players and supporters alike.

When was the last time a Geelong player broke a bone in a public fight?
When was the last time a Geelong player breached quarantine rules?
When was the last time a Geelong player had a criminal father who was barred from entering the country? Or was tied with drug gangs?
When was the last time a Geelong player brought the club into disrepute for a groping scandal in the rooms?

Such an irredeemable stain of a club. How anyone gets behind an organisation like this, lead by a twat like Hardwick, is utterly beyond me.
Just off the top of my head StevieJ broke his ankle and completely f**ked it at a pub.
Chappy jumped on a womens car.
Stokes got done for Coke.
The captain got done for drink driving and lost a sponsorship.
Blitz broke the Corona rules with a party.
Rohan hooked up with the phisio causing an alleged punch on with Hawkins.

That’s a big one , I wonder if it’ll come under drug trafficking

Waited 2 and a half weeks without telling the club, who found out when it hit the news. Did he think the problem would just go away?

Wouldn't bother me in the slightest if he didn't. Was top shelf once but isn't now, and shouldn't be guaranteed a game indefinitely just to reach a milestone.

Yeah I couldn't care less either. If he keeps getting injured every couple of games he won't make it anyway.

Just off the top of my head StevieJ broke his ankle and completely f**ked it at a pub.

Yep, file under "young men do dumb things, particularly with lots of money and fame".

Speeding, not drink driving.

And that punch on with Rowan and Hawkins never happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back