Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I said comfortably before but gee if Brisbane get up at all, it’s going to make last Saturday a whole lot worse imo.
I thought I would feel the same way but I have moved on pretty quickly , just how the football gods work at times

Hopefully it’s our turn in the near future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting to see most pundits are selecting Brisbane
Maybe 70/30
I feel like its based on the fact they made last years GF, were on a good winning streak late this season and beat a Vic team in the PF at the MCG (and they played the Pies at the MCG in Rd 23 so they have 2 recent, high pressure/big crowd games in recent times while the Swans haven't been there since Rd 7. Both teams had 3 games at the MCG leading into the GF).
But without Big O, they have to push Daniher into the ruck at times, and of all the Brisbane players who can turn it on in the GF its Daniher and Cameron.
Hipwood will revert back to his usual self and probably barely contribute.

I still think this GF will be like most Swans games to start with (slow first quarter, then turn up the tempo) before turning into the 2021 GF (the better, fitter team who finished 1st turns it up against the team who finished 5th who got a lot of luck to make the GF).

Unless the Swans cop some injuries, or bad luck involving guys like McDonald who are going into the final under a slight cloud, I am staggered the Brions are favourites.

Unless Fagan has something big up his sleeve, I just don't see how we don't see one of Heeney or Warner go beast mode (like Petracca in 2021), win the NS and shut Brisbane out.

I said comfortably before but gee if Brisbane get up at all, it’s going to make last Saturday a whole lot worse imo.
Yeah its weird, I dislike Sydney far more than Brisbane so a Brisbane win is my preference for the shits and giggles especially if Daniher shithouses his team to a flag, but on the flip side we were in the lead end of the game, our second quarter is its own highlights reel and by hook or by crook we lost the PF meaning its added to the list with 2008/2013/2016/2019/2020 of ones that got away and club disappointments.

Really disappointed GF parade isn’t broadcast in NSW, especially as Swans are playing tomorrow 🤷🏻‍♀️
It was on Foxtel & Kayo, but that's no help if you don't have those.

For those of us with streaming, next year's GF (thanks to the new broadcast deal kicking into effect in 2025) will be able to be viewed in 4K with the Fox Footy commentators calling the game.

It was on Foxtel & Kayo, but that's no help if you don't have those.

For those of us with streaming, next year's GF (thanks to the new broadcast deal kicking into effect in 2025) will be able to be viewed in 4K with the Fox Footy commentators calling the game.
Not on Foxtel in NSW
Supposed to be on 7+ again, not in NSW
On Kayo though

Only GF? Not H&A games too?

But we’ll all really miss BT

Said no Geelong supporter, ever

In case anyone was wondering what the definition of "taking the piss" is, Carlton & Richmond provide the perfect examples with their nominees for the grand finals sprint

Go Mannagh 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back