Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not sure why everyone's giving it to Mason, really.

He was just trying to familiarise himself again with what it feels like to touch the Sherrin. Perfectly understandable, I figure.

Never before has such a limited player had so much to say about the game with so little to recommend his efforts.

Not sure why everyone's giving it to Mason, really.

He was just trying to familiarise himself again with what it feels like to touch the Sherrin. Perfectly understandable, I figure.

Never before has such a limited player had so much to say about the game with so little to recommend his efforts.
He's going to influencer/blogger route where clicks are king. He's now mates with McAfee now, so he is modelling a post footy media career on him or getting direct advice. McAfee started out with big personality, loud style and now he has juice in the American football media market.

If you were Dangerfield or Dane Swan or Shane Crawford or someone like that you might get away with doing that in a pre season game for a laugh. Cox doing it in the regular season is a laughable overstretch.

If you were Dangerfield or Dane Swan or Shane Crawford or someone like that you might get away with doing that in a pre season game for a laugh. Cox doing it in the regular season is a laughable overstretch.
If he was one of those players he wouldn't have had all goose eggs on the stats sheet at HT...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will always be thankful for the one good game he played

And even that was a 20-30 minute purple patch where he did absolutely nothing for the other 90.

Would love to see the melts over this

And yes I'm aware this isn't the real Tom Browne... I'm blocked by that one 😂

The way it's worded, and we know it's not real, but a player could just say "no thanks" to the offer?

The way it's worded, and we know it's not real, but a player could just say "no thanks" to the offer?

Isn't that worded the same as for tribunal cases?

'Player X has been offered a 2 week suspension for Rough Conduct against Player Y'?

Not sure it's an offer with a choice of ignoring the suspension - it's more so an offer of accept or take to the tribunal

I want to see the end of their close game victories. And I suspect the best way to take this off them, is to beat them by solid margins like GWS did 🤣
It's pretty much unprecedented the Pies in how they have won such a huge percentage of games in such close fashion, and the finals series in 2023 showed that with a combined margin of a dozen points. Coupled with 2022 they lost two by a goal or less and beat Freo by 20 points.

I don't think a side that has had so many wins at the last gasp can sustainably keep that up over a long period of time. Geelong's premiership footy has usually been imperious, dominating and where we smash sides mercilessly. Collingwood did that in 2010-11 (until Rd 24 and the GF!) and the Hawks did that too.

A lot of things went right in the last minutes of many games last year for the Pies, and a bit like Richmond's frenetic tackle-ball runball system, if a little bit of intensity drops it can result in a large difference in output. Personally I like to see sides who are the most talented win the shebang, the Dees in 2021 were amazing in that year's finals, and we were last year. If nothing else, as Cats fans, we can luxuriate in the memories that our Flags were all won convincingly (even 2009 with our grit in the last Q) and there's no ifs, buts and maybes like say the non-free to the Lion late in the GF or the non-high free to Toby Greene in the PF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back