Oppo Camp Non Geelong football (AFL) discussion 2024, Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read on SEN that Collingwood’s injuries are a ‘tipping point’
I think this version of the team is cooked.

The injuries are not insignificant - Pendles, Elliot, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliot. Cox is injured but it’s cox, Mitchell is injured but cooked and Dan McStay doesn’t get a game anyway, the rest are fringe players.

You’d think they lose Pendles, Sidebottom, Elliot, Mitchell maybe even Cox at the end of the year.

They’ve been solidly beaten in a few early games with a full list, had two draws and three wins by 6 points or less.

They’re a bit like us, had one last dance to win a flag with a healthy crop of hungry veterans and talented youth and now they’ll have to transition.

But they have the Daicos brothers to build around and still some good players in their prime so I can’t see them dropping down too long.

The injuries are not insignificant - Pendles, Elliot, De Goey, Hoskin-Elliot. Cox is injured but it’s cox, Mitchell is injured but cooked and Dan McStay doesn’t get a game anyway, the rest are fringe players.

You’d think they lose Pendles, Sidebottom, Elliot, Mitchell maybe even Cox at the end of the year.

They’ve been solidly beaten in a few early games with a full list, had two draws and three wins by 6 points or less.

They’re a bit like us, had one last dance to win a flag with a healthy crop of hungry veterans and talented youth and now they’ll have to transition.

But they have the Daicos brothers to build around and still some good players in their prime so I can’t see them dropping down too long.
I heard that Nick D has been called up to the Olympic diving team. So they will lose him for 3 weeks in at the end of July.

They have the elite young player and we have the list with an elite young player sized hole. I feel like ours is a more solvable problem

They have the elite young player and we have the list with an elite young player sized hole. I feel like ours is a more solvable problem

Holmes has received coaches votes in more games this year than any other player in the league. He should be a walk up start for AA as a 21 year old. Does he not count as elite or not count as young?

If we were west coast, hawthorn or Melbourne we would go the mega tank for one season, get the elite young player in the draft and then go hard from there.

But we aren’t, so we won’t.

And I am glad about that.

If we were west coast, hawthorn or Melbourne we would go the mega tank for one season, get the elite young player in the draft and then go hard from there.

But we aren’t, so we won’t.

And I am glad about that.
Even if we did, there's no Harley Reid this year. Even the guys in pick 1 convo have questions on them. You may as well have a pick 10-20

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back