Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

North shouldn’t have given up a 9 goal lead but that non call at the end is unforgivable. Saw some Pies supporter on Twitter saying the umpires putting the whistle away at the end of the game is good for the game. Good for the game or good for Collingwood? No wonder they spend the last 5 minutes of each game just falling on top of the ball. At what point does an umpire have the kahunas to blow a free against them?

Razor ray didn't wreck his back trying and failing to bounce the ball for this.

He'd at least have made the decision, then given some incomprehensible explanation and plucked out another dozen weird frees.

Draft order should be decided by percentage (for and against). I'll keep saying it till I'm blue in the face.
Queue all games at Marvel having a closed roof and Lyons getting sacked instantly!

Ah - sorry I read that as ladder order not draft order ... now I am imagining the pointy end of the season and one side doing their best to give the ball to the other side and not defending so their percentage tanks sufficiently (like our game against the Eagles to get into the eight but reversed)

Queue all games at Marvel having a closed roof and Lyons getting sacked instantly!

Ah - sorry I read that as ladder order not draft order ... now I am imagining the pointy end of the season and one side doing their best to give the ball to the other side and not defending so their percentage tanks sufficiently (like our game against the Eagles to get into the eight but reversed)
I think it would be much harder to tank in percentage terms rather than straight up win-loss terms. You look at the final round match last year and all the talk about North and how they should have tanked against Gold Coast. It should have been a moot point; they were clearly better than West Coast last year and the percentages of the two teams indicated this.

That disgusting non-50 call is up there with that non-HTB choke when we we robbed at Geelong a few years ago.

Zac Bailey offering counselling to North Melbourne players by Facetime as we speak.

I think it was much worse tbh. 2 players running over the mark by over 5m clear as day. Goodness.
Yeah, this one was worse

Even if the "officiating" umpire got it wrong, it's hard to accept that one of the other two couldn't see the clear 50 metre penalty that was warranted.

After all, they often race in from 80 metres away to pay a free when their mate right on the spot calls play on.

Seems like in a close finish involving Collingwood, they suffer a collective choking.

Yeah, this one was worse

Even if the "officiating" umpire got it wrong, it's hard to accept that one of the other two couldn't see the clear 50 metre penalty that was warranted.

After all, they often race in from 80 metres away to pay a free when their mate right on the spot calls play on.

Seems like in a close finish involving Collingwood, they suffer a collective choking.
What they will come out and say is something along the lines of "the Collingwood players didn't think it had travelled 15m so assumed it was going to be play on so that is ok". Watch and see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How bout that knock out of bounds by Haynes. Obvious insufficient intent but a clear sign of frustration for the Giants. Playing very poorly from what I've seen.

It’s a grim watch isn’t it. Terrible game.

Re Haynes it was 4v1 and he was on the ground so would either be a free to port right in front or they win the ball and run into goal, hitting it into the pocket at least forced them to take a set shot on a terrible angle and he missed everything. Good play by Haynes imo. Was smart.

What they will come out and say is something along the lines of "the Collingwood players didn't think it had travelled 15m so assumed it was going to be play on so that is ok". Watch and see.
As soon as the whistle went and they kept on running it should have been a 50.
Crowd noise, don’t care.
50 every day of the week.
Except for when it is Collingwood.

As soon as the whistle went and they kept on running it should have been a 50.
Crowd noise, don’t care.
50 every day of the week.
Except for when it is Collingwood.
No debate from me. Just prophesying what the AFL will say.

No debate from me. Just prophesying what the AFL will say.
If he hadn't played on surely one of the umps would've had to have paid a 50. Once he took off it gave the ump the excuse to call play on.

The ump who adjudicated was like a deer in the headlights , so relieved he played on , couldn't get his arms up quick enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back