Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

I mind Carlton as a genuine threat this year. They've got 6 or 7 A Graders and a nice draw. Last year they played above themselves once they got a sniff and this year the road to get there isn't as hard.

Fixed that for you. Long may Carlton continue to never win a flag please. It will be as bad as all the Tigers people coming out of the woodwork in 2017, if not worse.

Fixed that for you. Long may Carlton continue to never win a flag please. It will be as bad as all the Tigers people coming out of the woodwork in 2017, if not worse.
I've been through so many eras of teams being hateable that it just don't worry me any more.

If we can't win it who cares.

If we can put up with Collingwood beating us by 4 points I figure we've survived the worst.

But it was wet.

Adapting to wet ,slippery ,dewy conditions is part of the game.

It's been really wet some GF days . You can't use that as an excuse imo. It's indicative of mental weakness.
Just saying my thoughts on that particular game.
We played the conditions extremely poorly that night but imo we were by far the better team for more than 3/4 of the game. If it were not for our overuse of handball and diabolical use inside 50?
It was only very late in the game where they actually looked better after we kind of gave up.
I thought a lot of their goals throughout the night were just lucky bounce of the ball stuff.

Just saying my thoughts on that particular game.
We played the conditions extremely poorly that night but imo we were by far the better team for more than 3/4 of the game. If it were not for our overuse of handball and diabolical use inside 50?
It was only very late in the game where they actually looked better after we kind of gave up.
I thought a lot of their goals throughout the night were just lucky bounce of the ball stuff.
Sure Dalions.

No doubt we lost it.

Pro tip donā€™t make a joke about chief doing maintenance when the website goes down during Friday night footy. Some of the super mods are a bit highly strung!

IMG_7334.jpeg

Pro tip donā€™t make a joke about chief doing maintenance when the website goes down during Friday night footy. Some of the super mods are a bit highly strung!

View attachment 2026110
I can second the sentiment, if not the circumstances.

Umpiring seriously screwed.

Cameron called to play on after the siren , kicks the "goal" and they decide "nothing to see here" so goal stands.

Either total incompetence or another case of gutless decision making in favour of a "star"
I think BT misinterpreted the umpire's raising of both arms to indicate the end of the quarter with the standard "play on" signal. Both are similar, but there is a difference.

Think the umpires got this one right. The rule is a mess when the siren sounds while the player is in the middle of his run in.

View attachment 2026110
100% some of the mods on Big Footy have no sense of humour whatsoever, take themselves way too seriously... the arbiters of free speech, LOL! :rolleyes:

100% some of the mods on Big Footy have no sense of humour whatsoever, take themselves way too seriously... the arbiters of free speech, LOL! :rolleyes:

Without naming nsmes, I agree.

(ZoBlitz )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think BT misinterpreted the umpire's raising of both arms to indicate the end of the quarter with the standard "play on" signal. Both are similar, but there is a difference.

Think the umpires got this one right. The rule is a mess when the siren sounds while the player is in the middle of his run in.

Nup.

Irrespective of what the umpire's signal meant, Cameron clearly deviates off the mark and gets away with it.

This "natural arc" business is total BS as was the Buddy concession that existed for all of his career

If it exists in the rules of the game, can someone tell me where?

Reckon Logan Morris or any other "rookie" player would get that concession ?

Call me a cynic but the "stars" always seem to get the breaks

Nup.

Irrespective of what the umpire's signal meant, Cameron clearly deviates off the mark and gets away with it.

This "natural arc" business is total BS as was the Buddy concession that existed for all of his career

If it exists in the rules of the game, can someone tell me where?

Reckon Logan Morris or any other "rookie" player would get that concession ?

Call me a cynic but the "stars" always seem to get the breaks
If the siren sounds before the player begins his run up, he is allowed to move off the line to allow for his natural arc, such that when he kicks the ball, he is in line with the player on the mark and the goal mouth. I remember this happening to Mitch Robbo one arvo when we played the Giants a couple of years ago. Think Mitch kicked 4 or 5 that day.

But I don't know what the rules are when the siren occurs mid-run-up. This might be a grey area in the rules.

Common sense would dictate the umpire could instruct the player to recommence his run up. Common sense is not always that common tho.

Sack Fages and poach Chris Scott

Fagan gets to decide when to go and Scott will get his choice of available positions.

Maybe a few coaching jobs opening up soon. Port, Crows, Demons, Tassie, Bulldogs and possibly Lions in the next couple of seasons. Can Clarko stick at it much longer?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Non Lions Discussion 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back