Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I am depressed enough about my own club and have no energy left to get upset on behalf of another club or the game itself. I am just treating the Viney situation as a source of circuslike amusement watching Melbourne supporters and the media get up in arms about it.

Where was the outrage for Goose a few years ago!

I understand that and agree head contact is a no, no but I also would like to see common sense used as well when dishing up punishments.
Had it have been handled by the MRP, the incident could easily be graded to be worth 3-4 weeks. Sent to the tribunal allowed the mitigating circumstances to be argued, and he gets 2 weeks. Probably fair I reckon.
I don't think it realistic to judge the contact as accidental.

I am depressed enough about my own club and have no energy left to get upset on behalf of another club or the game itself. I am just treating the Viney situation as a source of circuslike amusement watching Melbourne supporters and the media get up in arms about it.

Where was the outrage for Goose a few years ago!
What I find unsettling about this saga is that seemingly the whole football world think absolutely nothing wrong has happened here. Even Vossy.

I understand there was no intent to hit Lynch in the head, it was unfortunate, but hey, thems the breaks. (So to speak).

So justice is really about who screams the loudest.

No respect for the Tribunal. Only reason it got overturned is because of the hoo-hah.

Have no love for Collingwood, but geez they deserve to be the top club for effort put in to be "side by side and sticking together" with their members and every aspect of the club...

Mr MM watches the Collingwood show on tv (not sure what its called)....you can "feel" the togetherness of them even just watching the show!..
..just a few things I noticed last night for example..

..total involvement with members..story on young Afganistan lad, only been here about a year, took him into the club, met everyone, ran onto the ground with players etc...lovely story.

..showed the old players (mostly 02, 03 players, but not all) mingling with and training with current lot..they come and go into the club as they like apparently..

..and then...WAIT, THERE'S MORE............

..on the Footy Show last night, group of different players mums there....spoke to Mrs O'Brien and Beames. All mums of players are very close and stick together, have outings together, hold functions etc....

...INVOLVEMENT!!!.....the club encourages involvement with parents and likes it....makes for happy players ......

:D..apparently not. We both commented that any wonder other clubs, our own mainly, seemed to be so far behind.

..wonder what Mrs Beames thinks of the difference between their club and ours?:(

Like I said in my blog, I spoke to a collingwood fan and she was telling me about the dining-in nights they used to have a couple of times a year for the Members.

The players weren't all that nice, but it's the thought that counts right?

Just shows what having solid Administration can do.....I loathe Eddie, but no-one can take away from him the magnificent job he and others have done.

Like I said in my blog, I spoke to a collingwood fan and she was telling me about the dining-in nights they used to have a couple of times a year for the Members.

The players weren't all that nice, but it's the thought that counts right?

Money gives you a lot of options.

As an aside, don't think I could stomach food if Cameron Milner was sitting nearby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naitanui pushing close to $1m a year for the next five years.

Wowee. Football decision or marketing decision?

Would wanna hope he gets his body right.

Marketing. From that angle apparently he's worth every cent. Not sure what it does to the balance of their list over the next few years though spending so much of the cap on him.

Just shows what having solid Administration can do.....I loathe Eddie, but no-one can take away from him the magnificent job he and others have done.
Money is also helpful. They have plenty.
Still doesn't make you feel any better about what is happening up here.
Pies fans are brain washed from birth though mm.:)

..on the Footy Show last night, group of different players mums there....spoke to Mrs O'Brien and Beames. All mums of players are very close and stick together, have outings together, hold functions etc....

...INVOLVEMENT!!!.....the club encourages involvement with parents and likes it....makes for happy players ......

On this, it looks like Leppa has been pushing this a bit since his appointment. A cursory glance at twitter shows that him and his wife have hosted dinners with a lot of young players families, Leppa visited the families of draftees, etc. So positive signs on that front. Also, it is worth noting that this would be easier for Collingwood as their families are 80% local. Much easier for them to catch up, etc.

Also, it is worth noting that this would be easier for Collingwood as their families are 80% local. Much easier for them to catch up, etc.

Yeah, my son's school does this for the mums all the time. It is a lot easier when your stakeholders nearly all live in the same city.

Naitanui pushing close to $1m a year for the next five years.

Wowee. Football decision or marketing decision?

Would wanna hope he gets his body right.

If he does get his body right, should be worth it from a football point of view.

If he doesn't, should be worth it from a marketing point of view.

I thought NicNat loved WA and would take a bit less than that to be honest!

GWS have been strongly interested in him from a marketing angle, so I reckon that's part of why it's so high.

Would GWS still take him with Mumford on the list? I get the marketing angle but presumably it still needs to make sense from a footballing perspective.

Would GWS still take him with Mumford on the list? I get the marketing angle but presumably it still needs to make sense from a footballing perspective.

They were throwing dollars after Franklin, remember... They really rate marketing potential, and Natanui + Cox has shown that he can coexist with other rucks to an extent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back