Play Nice North Melbourne - 2018 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

obvious troll is obvious....but you seem to be so dumb you can't do that properly - watson has had an ACL the whole year and wagner was delisted in 2016.

how's it feel to be such an idiot?
So Watson and Wagner were busts then? Thanks for proving my point.

I don't doubt that the Jacobs injury had an impact but nearly every top 8 side had significant injury troubles this season, bar Richmond. To say North would have won with Jacobs is ignoring the fact that the opposition also had players missing for those games.

No its not.

Jacobs in our side is a unique player. Dunno how he'd work in other sides but you'd have to assume he'd be as good.

Somewhere on our board is a stat comparing our win loss records with and without him and they are startling. Its something like 75/25 with him 35/65 without. I dunno how many other players have that sort of impact in a side. Dustin Martin would I'd guess. Selwood maybe. He usually takes the oppositions best midfielder and not only negates him, he usually runs with that player and beats him - he's a run with player who tries to beat the best opposition player at every contest and usually turns those contests into attacking plays for us.

He wasn't much chop till he started playing that exact role too, imo. I don't think we have anyone else with that particular ability. No one has stepped up and effectively done his job on while he's been injured.

I think he's more important in that regard than players like Cunnington, Higgins or Ziebell. They don't have that win/loss statistical clout.

Add Hawthorn, Geelong and Sydney.

The only reason we're not playing finals this year is because we lost Jacobs, and to a lesser extent, Hartung.

Yeah Hartung was so valuable to north, they delisted him

No its not.

Jacobs in our side is a unique player. Dunno how he'd work in other sides but you'd have to assume he'd be as good.

Somewhere on our board is a stat comparing our win loss records with and without him and they are startling. Its something like 75/25 with him 35/65 without. I dunno how many other players have that sort of impact in a side. Dustin Martin would I'd guess. Selwood maybe. He usually takes the oppositions best midfielder and not only negates him, he usually runs with that player and beats him - he's a run with player who tries to beat the best opposition player at every contest and usually turns those contests into attacking plays for us.

He wasn't much chop till he started playing that exact role too, imo. I don't think we have anyone else with that particular ability. No one has stepped up and effectively done his job on while he's been injured.

I think he's more important in that regard than players like Cunnington, Higgins or Ziebell. They don't have that win/loss statistical clout.

Whether Jacobs is your most influential player or not is an entirely different issue. He could well be your most important player, but when you’re up against a side missing 6-10 key players, it’s a non issue.

If Sydney had Franklin and Parker last week we finish 4th. But then if the Hawks had Sicily maybe they still win. But if we had Reid maybe we beat them. But if they had Birchall they beat us. But if we had Naismith or Mills then we win... all pointless hypotheticals.

Unironically believing that you have a high intellect? The cringe is strong.

How's it feel being in the shadow of one of the biggest sporting clubs in Australia? It must explain your hate for Bombers and their supporters. The last time you were able to beat us was when we fielded a VFL team in 2016. No wonder North is irrelevant.
Your club hasn't won a final for 14 years. I don't think anyone's in your shadow pal.

Your club hasn't won a final for 14 years. I don't think anyone's in your shadow pal.
Your club struggles to bring 20,000 people to their games and fails to bring any good players to your team, even when offered upwards of a million a year. Definition of irrelevant.

It would be impossible for Essendon to get such a low crowd at home games. And players like Smith and Saad were willing to take massive pay cuts to come to
Essendon.

Your club struggles to bring 20,000 people to their games and fails to bring any good players to your team, even when offered upwards of a million a year. Definition of irrelevant.

It would be impossible for Essendon to get such a low crowd at home games. And players like Smith and Saad were willing to take massive pay cuts to come to
Essendon.
You're in a North thread gloating about a round 15 win in a season where your club finished 11th. Yeah North Melbourne must be real irrelevant in your world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon.
LOL.

The real joke is that you believe that. Massive pay cuts, my arse.

It's as credible as saying "we didn't take PEDs, our players were innocent and we don't know what we injected into them".

Absolute bottom feeders.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

I love a little bit of north Melbourne banter like any other hot blooded tigers supporter but for an Essendon supporter to take pot shots at what north have achieved this year despite being predicted to finish last than to go on finish higher than Essendon who were top 8 gimmies is pretty weird

Essendon made massive moves this pre season and were getting in players that were the finishing touches to a team that was apparently pushing for the flag...

North Melbourne on the other hand got in some great youth and rolled the dice on some delisted players and are in a great position this year cap wise

I know who’s fans have more to look forward to over the next couple of seasons and they aren’t wearing black and red

Not a north fan at all. But watching the doco you forget the afl were pretty much a pack of c***s to them the way they went about the relocation

Not a north fan at all. But watching the doco you forget the afl were pretty much a pack of c***s to them the way they went about the relocation
Yep.
AD and Fitzpatrick. And they have left us Gil.

The sooner the remnants of that regime are gone from administrating the game, the better for it.

I love a little bit of north Melbourne banter like any other hot blooded tigers supporter but for an Essendon supporter to take pot shots at what north have achieved this year despite being predicted to finish last than to go on finish higher than Essendon who were top 8 gimmies is pretty weird

Essendon made massive moves this pre season and were getting in players that were the finishing touches to a team that was apparently pushing for the flag...

North Melbourne on the other hand got in some great youth and rolled the dice on some delisted players and are in a great position this year cap wise

I know who’s fans have more to look forward to over the next couple of seasons and they aren’t wearing black and red
really depends how you want to look at it.

Their start and finish vs our start and finish and which carries into 2019 onwards better.
Its crystal ball stuff, but ill back our kids, our mid-agers and our top end talent over theirs.

So if the Qld Government had approved $30 million funding for the Stadium back in 2007, we'd have the Gold Coast Kangaroos today instead of the Suns. GWS may not exist?

So if the Qld Government had approved $30 million funding for the Stadium back in 2007, we'd have the Gold Coast Kangaroos today instead of the Suns. GWS may not exist?
I hate North, but credit where it's due. they fought for their club and deserve it.
I prefer this outcome of the Suns and Giants added, than relocating a licence. Either close the licence off (and let the team go to the VFL) or don't. Relocating it is such a dick move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice North Melbourne - 2018 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back