AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Works hard but is not a good user

Pullar I’m taking over her every day of the week, the much better player
Statistically Smith has been a better user of the ball than Riddell, Garner, Gatt, Mia King, Eddey, Bruton and Pullar this season.

1727353715377.png

^lol

Smith is going at 60% efficiency

And is quite clearly nowhere near as good ball in hand than any of those you listed most of whom play inside in congestion

One of my biggest issues with her is she’s just slow to react which leads her to being second to the ball or fumbling

Our best wingers are Pullar and Gatt

Last edited:

Do you have vendettas against female players as well? I thought Craven played well.

She did and she has all season.

He continues to prove he has no idea.

^lol

Smith is going at 60% efficiency

And is quite clearly nowhere near as good ball in hand than any of those you listed most of whom play inside in congestion

One of my biggest issues with her is she’s just slow to react which leads her to being second to the ball or fumbling

Our best wingers are Pullar and Gatt
Smith also does a lot of inside work, she is just behind our top 4 mids and rucks for clearances, top 5 for tackles and around 50% of her possession are contested. She has her limitations, but she is still an important player.

I think that’s harsh. The first half was great. The second half was in extreme conditions where both sides kept up pressure, leading to a lot of fumbles and almost no scoring.
And who would have thought that we would win a game in slippery conditions, if not in the rain?

I mean last week the commentators spent most of the second half lamenting the fact that our inability to handle wet conditions - it looked more like cyclonic conditions in the third quarter to me - was a major worry if we encounter that sort of weather in a final/s.

Yep. It was pretty good. Ruby came across really well and didn't speak in endless footy player cliche speak which is always refreshing.
It's my favourite North pod and is well worth a listen.
What’s the podcast?

True, but that doesn't mean we didn't put in an indifferent performance against Port Adelaide.
We smashed the crap out of them till the storm hit. And on TV that storm was full on. The rain was coming in in sheets and blowing sideways toward Poort's goal. Even then they only scored cos of some soft umpiring.

But only in that third quarter. It had almost stopped by the last quarter so we got no benefit when were kicking to that end.

There were times in that game where we had more tackles than they had possessions and Mia King had more tackles herself (17) than every PA player except one, who had 18 possessions. One more than MK had tackles. Without the storm we might have kicked 100.

And who would have thought that we would win a game in slippery conditions, if not in the rain?

I mean last week the commentators spent most of the second half lamenting the fact that our inability to handle wet conditions - it looked more like cyclonic conditions in the third quarter to me - was a major worry if we encounter that sort of weather in a final/s.

Yes and completely ignoring the fact that in wet conditions in the first half vs Port Adelaide, we built up an insurmountable lead. It rained in the first half. It was wet in the first half. It just wasn't cyclonic. If, somehow, we find ourselves drawn to play Brisbane in a final in Brisbane and cyclonic conditions are forecast, the game will be moved anyway. No team is expected to play well in those conditions and the AFL knows that it's an atrocious representation of the women's game to play a final in impossible conditions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a narrative that needs to be built and repeated, manufacturing consent. If you actually look at who the Tigers have played, the reason they are looking improved is because the have only played weak teams. We will destroy them and it will be fun to watch.
I wouldn’t goes so far as to say we’ll destroy them. The Geelong game is a salient reminder on that front. Hopefully, we do destroy them. However, I was thinking the exact same thing as you when I read about their supposed improvement. Like you, I checked who they’ve played. They’ve had an armchair tide thus far this season. Still, I take nothing for granted ever. However, if ever a team have shown themselves to be capable of delivering on any given week, it is our team…

Last edited:
Smith and craven are locks

Ol mate has no idea
The bottom 2 in our side

Neither play over Pullar

And I’d happily have Niamh Martin over either too

You could maybe make a case for 1 of craven/smith surviving when we have a fully fit team but not both

Last edited:
The bottom 2 in our side

Neither play over Pullar

And I’d happily have Niamh Martin over either too
🤣 N. Do you just use our women’s team as some sort of plaything to test out over the top, slightly credible takes, to prepare yourself for being even more outrageous in the next men’s season? I almost like it… I have to say I prefer to some of the melting that goes on in the gameday threads - the women’s gameday threads, even.

🤣 N. Do you just use our women’s team as some sort of plaything to test out over the top, slightly credible takes, to prepare yourself for being even more outrageous in the next men’s season? I almost like it… I have to say I prefer to some of the melting that goes on in the gameday threads - the women’s gameday threads, even.
I’m pretty consistent in both I don’t like limited players who are fringe players

I’m pretty consistent in both I don’t like limited players who are fringe players
True. However, every single champion team has always had their fringe players. They will always play their role and sometimes win a close game for the team. I would have said Glenn Freeborn was a fringe player. Amy Smith is a case in point, I think. She’s not flash in a team that’s running on the top of the ground at the moment. However, I’m guessing she’s the type of player who will really get down and dirty if things start getting difficult.

True. However, every single champion team has always had their fringe players. They will always play their role and sometimes win a close game for the team. I would have said Glenn Freeborn was a fringe player. Amy Smith is a case in point, I think. She’s not flash in a team that’s running on the top of the ground at the moment. However, I’m guessing she’s the type of player who will really get down and dirty if things start getting difficult.
And she did just that in an Elimination Final at Kardinia Park.

No he’s just dumb as dumb is

You’re the guy that wanted Turner and Phillips in every week even when they stank up the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

AFLW North Melbourne Football Club AFLW - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back