Game Day North play away to the dirty rotten saints. Starts at 16:35 AEST @the dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bull to run through Webster before the siren. Give up a free. We need to light a fire under the boys.

Would like to see the flog run through but all that will do is gift St Kilda momentum straight off the bat as opposed to 15 minutes into the 1st quarter. On second thoughts won't make much difference to the result so let's go for it!

jabba the hutt pizza GIF
Hutchy

I'm excited about todays game for two reasons. The first is that it is my first attendance at an AFL game this year.

About three months ago I was diagnosed with a grade three cancer but after two operations to arrive at a diagnosis, and one 5 hour operation, the oncologist and surgeon say I am cured and, 5 weeks post op, I feel well enough to go to a game.

Watching forty four young athletes putting on a show will be a joy, Remember those wonderful Brissie North game where Leppeitch would man Carey and four quarters was simply not enough. Until you get sick you don't know what you have got.

The second reason is that I am taking my son and my two year old grand son and its little Marcus' first game. They are Brissie members but Marcus' Dad and I were North cheer squad members (and Brissie cheer squad memebers) back when he was a kid.

If you see an old bloke in a hand knitted Fitzroy jumper and North scarf being hauled around by a toddler you have just seen DP.

I want George W. to have a break out game today, He has played about 15 and I am hoping that he can start a run of form that gets him a rising star nomination. I love his attack on the contest.

Go North.
Congrats DP. Sorry to say though that your man Josh Walker won't be out there

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm excited about todays game for two reasons. The first is that it is my first attendance at an AFL game this year.

About three months ago I was diagnosed with a grade three cancer but after two operations to arrive at a diagnosis, and one 5 hour operation, the oncologist and surgeon say I am cured and, 5 weeks post op, I feel well enough to go to a game.

Watching forty four young athletes putting on a show will be a joy, Remember those wonderful Brissie North game where Leppeitch would man Carey and four quarters was simply not enough. Until you get sick you don't know what you have got.

The second reason is that I am taking my son and my two year old grand son and its little Marcus' first game. They are Brissie members but Marcus' Dad and I were North cheer squad members (and Brissie cheer squad memebers) back when he was a kid.

If you see an old bloke in a hand knitted Fitzroy jumper and North scarf being hauled around by a toddler you have just seen DP.

I want George W. to have a break out game today, He has played about 15 and I am hoping that he can start a run of form that gets him a rising star nomination. I love his attack on the contest.

Go North.
You are an absolute legend mate stay strong 💪

* it.

I was umming and aaaahing about going as I've been exhausted all week, son is sick and everyone I usually go with has bailed. But you've got me a full head of steam - see you at the game.
I had the option to get replacement game tickets but went fishing instead. Haven't had much luck though

Cant wait to get there, son and wife have said "we are so crap" and have bailed but my 10 y.o daughter is brave enough to come along with me. Last time her and I were on our own (its the 4 of us every week except for odd Sunday late game thats just me) was North bullflogs game where we won in the last 10 sec. BB soccer to Ziebs. Hopefully a good omen but I doubt we'll kick 6 goals..

Can't wait to see what Archer can bring defensively and good to see the return of Pink. Shiels is past it but he is effectively an old field coach that provides much needed leadership, would have liked to see Greenwood in there for the same reasons too. As for Stephenson, let's hope he can recapture some of that form under Clarko that he brought early last year.

Last edited:
View attachment 1978855
From the above:
* We need to get it inside 50 more often, and mark it when it goes in there. This will lead to more goals. Simple.

Our stats that are bottom 4 are all key stats that go a long way towards getting wins. The game is most likely lost before the ball has bounced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Go North.
How awesome! Have the best day and I hope we get the win to make the day even better.

Update. My wife is now coming, I think the 3rd time in 20+ years of going every week that she's come with me. Think she feels sorry for me, probably best not to mention to her that if we win the only logical thing to do is force her to come every week forever as she is obviously the missing piece.

There’s going to be an upset victory at some point, I think today is as good as any. Go Roos!!

I have a theory that no one wants to be the team to lose to North so it gives them a bit more motivation early and they come after us physically.

I can see coaches using it as a bit of motivation, “you don’t want to be the team to lose to this mob” type of thing.

I know that’s clutching, but I need something.

View attachment 1978915

Game day! Grabbed another Lego set for when the game becomes unwatchable.
This club sending me broke 😂
As a child, I always wanted a knights castle and a pirate ship Lego set…
But as a grown man, I only have a pirate ship :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back