Umpiring North v Pies R14 - Should have been 50m ?

Should a 50 have been paid to North in the last minute?

• Yes it was a clear 50

Votes: 204 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"THE AFL says umpires were right to not award a 50m penalty to North Melbourne late in its loss to Collingwood on Sunday, but has conceded the official erred by not calling play on or directing the Magpies players to stand the mark."

🍿

"THE AFL says umpires were right to not award a 50m penalty to North Melbourne late in its loss to Collingwood on Sunday, but has conceded the official erred by not calling play on or directing the Magpies players to stand the mark."

🍿

"Your honour, I expected the traffic light to be green so I sped through the intersection. I rest my case"

Kane added that because the umpire made an error in not giving a direction after blowing the whistle, the decision to bring the ball back to where the mark was taken was the correct one to "regain control from a series of confusing incidents".

I too recall the ball being brought back to where the mark was taken. As we all know, the umpire stopped play, blew time on, set the mark, put the North player on his line and he was subsequently allowed to take his kick. :moustache:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They also claimed that the evidence was inconclusive to overrule the goal in the 2nd despite Scott’s fingers moving back as he touched it 😂
Andrew Maher and Andrew Gaze need to go to Spec Savers soon.

They also claimed that the evidence was inconclusive to overrule the goal in the 2nd despite Scott’s fingers moving back as he touched it 😂

The commentary was gold. They just went "ooh... Jeez..." and then tried to just move on without mentioning it lol

IMG_0744.jpeg

They also didn’t call this out of bounds !

I know the umpiring was terrible! 😂

Oh and don’t forget the free to Xerri for some reason, oh and the Wardlaw running through Bobby Hills protected space when 55 out.

But yeah the umpiring was horrible wasn’t it?

View attachment 2022544

They also didn’t call this out of bounds !

I know the umpiring was terrible! 😂

Oh and don’t forget the free to Xerri for some reason, oh and the Wardlaw running through Bobby Hills protected space when 55 out.

But yeah the umpiring was horrible wasn’t it?

Completely different to being able to replay something in slow motion on video and make a decision 🤡

LOL, I thought she had ties with North.

But I mean she’s only human to have Nathan Buckley posters!
mad pies fan as a kid

reporter:-
You’re too young to have worn a duffel coat, but you must have had footy posters on the wall. Who were they?

Kane:-
Good question. Maybe less posters and more badges. All of the big Collingwood names through my childhood. Nathan Buckley probably being the biggest, but I actually loved Simon Prestigiacomo for a while there, so maybe I had a respect for defenders.

Last edited:
mad pies fan

reporter:-
You’re too young to have worn a duffel coat, but you must have had footy posters on the wall. Who were they?

Kane:-
Good question. Maybe less posters and more badges. All of the big Collingwood names through my childhood. Nathan Buckley probably being the biggest, but I actually loved Simon Prestigiacomo for a while there, so maybe I had a respect for defenders.
She loves Presti as well!

She’s my kinda gal!

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring North v Pies R14 - Should have been 50m ?

Back