Umpiring North v Pies R14 - Should have been 50m ?

Should a 50 have been paid to North in the last minute?

• Yes it was a clear 50

Votes: 204 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They also claimed that the evidence was inconclusive to overrule the goal in the 2nd despite Scott’s fingers moving back as he touched it 😂
They need conclusive evidence she claimed. If a finger bending back isn't conclusive, then we might as well just get rid of the reviews.
Then we have the Port vs GWS game, where a goal was reviewed very quickly and the ARC umpire said we can see a clear deviation as the ball comes off the defenders foot. Leaving everyone in the commentary box speechless, as nobody else could see this deviation, but apparently that was conclusive.
Not surprised by the statement. Time to move on.

Last edited:
"THE AFL says umpires were right to not award a 50m penalty to North Melbourne late in its loss to Collingwood on Sunday, but has conceded the official erred by not calling play on or directing the Magpies players to stand the mark."

🍿

Just complete and utter bullshit. The players dont decide, the umpire does. The umpire blew the whistle for a mark so the players have to stop and only one can stand on the mark. The other must leave the protected area.

That didnt happen, with both players charging forward, so it had to be a 50m penalty.

The crap about him stepping inbound... wow that is stretching. He was straighting up after marking the ball and actually stopped.

I might even watch the replay again just to make sure!

It's a shame the AFL don't release a "All the Frees" highlights package like they do for "All the goals" - could save you a lot of time! Lol

mad pies fan

reporter:-
You’re too young to have worn a duffel coat, but you must have had footy posters on the wall. Who were they?

Kane:-
Good question. Maybe less posters and more badges. All of the big Collingwood names through my childhood. Nathan Buckley probably being the biggest, but I actually loved Simon Prestigiacomo for a while there, so maybe I had a respect for defenders.

North Melbourne thanks Kane​

The North Melbourne Football Club would like to thank Laura Kane for her service.

Kane has filled a number of roles during her time with the Kangaroos, and most recently served on the club’s executive after being promoted early this year to the position of General Manager of Strategy and Football Operations. This position focused on strategic projects across the football department and the broader club.

In recognition of her impressive portfolio of work at North Melbourne, Kane was this year appointed to the AFL Competition Committee ahead of season 2022. Among her most notable achievements, in 2017 Kane led North Melbourne’s historic application for an AFLW licence. …

Kane said she has been proud to call herself a North Melbourne person …

LOL, I thought she had ties with North.

But I mean she’s only human to have Nathan Buckley posters!
She had one of those jobs for the likeable janitors niece at North I think.

One of those no one notices if she doesn't turn up or do any work.

Now she's in the job everyone wishes she didn't turn up and be better if she did no work

Hopefully Kayo can package them up into a Mini? Or will I need the full 120 minutes to get them all in ?
You'll need the whole 120 - Collingwood's green little friends were giving them a helping hand from the opening bounce lol

If you truly want to see a team absolutely screwed by the Referees and the Authorities, then place “US v USSR Olympic Basketball 1972 Result” into your google search.

They kept playing the game to get the right result there. Very similar vibes to how this game was officiated, just need to keep handing out those frees to the Pies, and not calling them for the Kangas to get the right result. Will not go as far as the English to call this a moral victory, but rather call those 4 umpires actions Immoral.

Just complete and utter bullshit. The players dont decide, the umpire does. The umpire blew the whistle for a mark so the players have to stop and only one can stand on the mark. The other must leave the protected area.

That didnt happen, with both players charging forward, so it had to be a 50m penalty.

The crap about him stepping inbound... wow that is stretching. He was straighting up after marking the ball and actually stopped.
Exactly right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Collingwood lose a final from dodgy free kick see how it feels
Yes well you guys got the benefit of a questionable one last week then were on the wrong end of one this week.
That means it will be Collingwood's turn next week to be on the end of a .............oh wait.......that's right, guess they dodge that one.

Last edited:
Yes well you guys got the benefit of a questionable one last week then were on the wrong end of one this week.
That means it will be Collingwood's turn next week to be on the end of a .............oh wait.......that's right, guys they dodge that one.
Don't forget the technical one they were paid against Fremantle for 'time wasting'.

He took the mark and continued on without breaking stride clearly running off the line of the mark. He stopped after 2-3 seconds when he realised his mistake of playing on. How you can't see this is bewildering

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring North v Pies R14 - Should have been 50m ?

Back