Umpiring North v Pies R14 - Should have been 50m ?

Should a 50 have been paid to North in the last minute?

• Yes it was a clear 50

Votes: 204 90.3%
  • No

Votes: 22 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
That unpaid 50 after what they have paid recently is mental. Probably the most egregious over stepping the mark of not 1 but 2 players, that Ive not seen paid, insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watching that again, how could that not be a 50? the umpire blew the whistle as a mark and both players ran at least 5 metres over the mark.

My god that is the most gutless biased decision I have seen.

If the AFL doesn't come out and confirm that was a major mistake after their limp dick response after Hardwick had a sook, the conspiracy theories will look a lot more justifiable.

lol how can you possibly say that they didn't affect the result when it's proven that they did by not calling the 50m which would've resulted in a likely goal. bizarre post by you

Well thank god you are not an umpire then.

AFL needs more of this common sense umpiring.

Which is exactly what happens throughout the game. Get a warning, step back.

What probably didn’t help was North played on immediately following the mark. Umpire still had time to give it though.
He played on AFTER the ump made it clear that he wasn't paying it.
Was a smart time to play on, as both players had their back to him, looking at the ump with their hands in the air because I'm sure both thought they had just given a 50 away.

Watching that again, how could that not be a 50? the umpire blew the whistle as a mark and both players ran at least 5 metres over the mark.

My god that is the most gutless biased decision I have seen.

If the AFL doesn't come out and confirm that was a major mistake after their limp dick response after Hardwick had a sook, the conspiracy theories will look a lot more justifiable.
So we ignore the NM player played on?

Last edited:
I agree. Your bloke played on and ran into trouble. You caught a lucky break. It's ok to admit it.

It's not play on until the umpire calls it.

North were absolutely robbed. Only COllingwood would get away with a warning there - and maybe Sydney.

Crisp's 2nd quarter goal should have been overturned as it was touched.

Wild people are blaming the umpires, North were up by 50 in the third quarter...
but it's a wooden spoon team, what did u honestly expect? You really thought Collingwood wouldn't come back? crazy. You need to be up by 7-8 goals at 3/4 time to beat Collingwood because they don't give up and usually the umps gift them a couple.

The umpires mistakes are independent of whether a wooden spooner should've held on or not.

Pies earned their close wins last year- were tough and skilful and valiant when it mattered. And credit to them for getting back into the game today but north should certainly have been having a shot on goal at the end there today. Our game has lots of rules that are open to interpretation, but that one isn’t-it’s just a clear 50.
Anyway good on north- hopefully they continue to back themselves and are defs a chance to knock off the dees nest week. Comon north.
You have to be within striking distance to be any chance of benefiting from any umpiring luck at the end... it's true of every game. The best way to ensure luck has nothing to do with the result is not giving up a 50 point lead. You tell them I said that.

I see you fail to mention that the umpire called it back allowing Sheezel his shot on goal. It really didn’t matter in the end but was just umpire incompetence, and not some grand conspiracy theory.
But why was it called advantage pies in the first place. there's 4 umps out there. I'm sure 1 of them isn't corrupt.

Yet let two players sweat on a player that took a mark.
And ran well off the line of where he marked it. The umpire made the correct call of giving him the benefit of momentum caused it. And as is the right of the defenders to make sure that he is not playing on.

The correct call is to reset the mark.

Umpires will get the prison bars over the line, just like they did in the grand final
cry baby GIF

I amazed Richmond won 3 flags the way they were officiated. Sure those Tiger teams were rough and played on the edge but the best team in the league almost ALWAYS losing the free count. Something terribly amiss.
100% and still on the bottom of the free kick ladder, what is it now 7 years in a row , even with a diff coach and diff game plan we are still last 😂 but magically Gold Coast who now have Dimma and use an old Richmond game plan and are 3rd on the free kick ladder,
the league is corrupt , and todays north game just confirms it more so.

Yes Bailey Scott should of got 50, Bobby Hill marks the ball at CHF late in the 3rd.

North player runs straight through protected zone at least 3-4 seconds after the mark not following a Pies player.

No 50 paid.

But I guess it's only North that had missed calls.

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove this Banner Ad

Umpiring North v Pies R14 - Should have been 50m ?

Back