Preliminary Finals Winners

• (3) Sydney Roosters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • (4) Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a dive, but you’re the one suggesting it was the biggest most brutal hit that deserved a sin binning when he was fine. Yet other late hits which actually put players down, crickets…

Your post was as absurd as Joey saying it was the worst cheap shop he’d ever seen in rugby league history…

I’m sorry I’m trying to find where I said that….. nope. Can’t find it anywhere.

It wasn’t the biggest most brutal hit.

It was late and he had more than enough time to pull out of it and deserved 10 in the bin based on every precedent. Simple as that. Players have been binned for next to nothing this year when the player has let the ball go milliseconds before being hit. Whether they are injured or not is irrelevant because the indiscretion isn’t based around hitting someone high or spearing them into the ground it’s FOR BEING LATE 😂😂

That there was extra force in it only enhances that fact.

They had already dodged a bullet when Rudolf stayed on the field after a blatant trip: ok it was written off as a reflex. Could have easily been a bin but it wasn’t.

I’m sorry I’m trying to find where I said that….. nope. Can’t find it anywhere.

It wasn’t the biggest most brutal hit.

It was late and he had more than enough time to pull out of it and deserved 10 in the bin based on every precedent. Simple as that. Players have been binned for next to nothing this year when the player has let the ball go milliseconds before being hit. Whether they are injured or not is irrelevant because the indiscretion isn’t based around hitting someone high or spearing them into the ground it’s FOR BEING LATE 😂😂

That there was extra force in it only enhances that fact.

They had already dodged a bullet when Rudolf stayed on the field after a blatant trip: ok it was written off as a reflex. Could have easily been a bin but it wasn’t.

lol, every grade 1 penalty is now 10 minutes in the bin? When did that precedent come in?

lol, every grade 1 penalty is now 10 minutes in the bin? When did that precedent come in?

Grade 1? lol, it’s not a ‘graded’ precedent mate and very few things beyond punching are.

Watch replays of blokes getting taken out off the ball mate and some of the indiscretions that have been penalised with sin bins this season. A player was binned for patting an opponent on the head earlier in the year.

That you could possibly see that incident - nevermind the trip that preceded it - and not at the very least think you dodged a bit of a bullet, in a season where all you’ve had to do is breathe on players to get sent for a spell in the bin, is pretty funny.

Grade 1? lol, it’s not a ‘graded’ precedent mate and very few things beyond punching are.

Watch replays of blokes getting taken out off the ball mate and some of the indiscretions that have been penalised with sin bins this season. A player was binned for patting an opponent on the head earlier in the year.

That you could possibly see that incident - nevermind the trip that preceded it - and not at the very least think you dodged a bit of a bullet, in a season where all you’ve had to do is breathe on players to get sent for a spell in the bin, is pretty funny.

The funniest part is you thinking there is any consistency in the NRL, yet the biggest issue is players hitting someone in the chest…

The Sharks had a player reported for tackling too hard…Not high, not late, just to hard. No surprise the judiciary threw it out…

But hey you’ve got the same opinion as Phil Gould who thinks a swinging forearm to the head which forces a player out of the game with concussion is not a penalty, good company.

The funniest part is you thinking there is any consistency in the NRL, yet the biggest issue is players hitting someone in the chest…

The Sharks had a player reported for tackling too hard…Not high, not late, just to hard. No surprise the judiciary threw it out…

But hey you’ve got the same opinion as Phil Gould who thinks a swinging forearm to the head which forces a player out of the game with concussion is not a penalty, good company.

Most people’s chest isn’t in their back for starters.
Secondly, you can’t belt someone seconds after they’ve gotten rid of the ball mate. It’s that simple.

Anyway, if nothing else at least the game served as a good reminder of why the big guy is such a liability.

Which swinging arm are you referring to?

Secondly, you can’t belt someone seconds after they’ve gotten rid of the ball mate. It’s that simple.

Anyway, if nothing else at least the game served as a good reminder of why the big guy is such a liability.

I’m gonna assume the Kenny one which is a REAL stretch.

I’ve seen some one eyed supporters on big footy but this is right up there

lol the Hazleton one??? Bahahahaha he was two feet off the ground. The only way Kenny could avoid him would be by chewing off his own arm in some sort of instantaneous prediction of Hazleton falling over.

lol the Hazleton one??? Bahahahaha he was two feet off the ground. The only way Kenny could avoid him would be by chewing off his own arm in some sort of instantaneous prediction of Hazleton falling over.
I’m only guessing and to be clear I’m not agreeing

Hence the penalty…

But hey good to know you agree that a late shot to the body is a sin binning, but a swinging arm to head isn’t a penalty…

We lost to the Warriors because one of their players slipped and fell into a stationary defender and got a penalty and the Warriors complained it wasn’t a sin bin…

A real stretch for a penalty? Wow, since when has falling players been a reason not to penalise? People are complaining about consistency but want it not followed when it suits…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hence the penalty…

But hey good to know you agree that a late shot to the body is a sin binning, but a swinging arm to head isn’t a penalty…

We lost to the Warriors because one of their players slipped and fell into a stationary defender and got a penalty and the Warriors complained it wasn’t a sin bin…

What swinging arm? If it’s the Kenny one, sorry mate, you’re not going to win(ge) the argument. You’re allowed to move your arms to make a tackle where someone’s ankles are normally going to be without having to just assume that a split second later their head will be there instead.

What swinging arm? If it’s the Kenny one, sorry mate, you’re not going to win(ge) the argument. You’re allowed to move your arms to make a tackle where someone’s ankles are normally going to be without having to just assume that a split second later their head will be there instead.

Yet it’s a penalty every game, so you want consistency but not consistency.

Anyway we’ll never agree, you seem to hate the Sharks more than I love them.

But you didn’t answer the question as to whether you agree with Joey that Talakais hit was the biggest cheap shot in rugby league history? 😂😂

Yet it’s a penalty every game, so you want consistency but not consistency.

Anyway we’ll never agree, you seem to hate the Sharks more than I love them.

But you didn’t answer the question as to whether you agree with Joey that Talakais hit was the biggest cheap shot in rugby league history? 😂😂

Yes. I want consistency, and common sense.

I think it’s common sense that it should PROBABLY be a sin bin. I’m borderline on it. You shouldn’t be able to just iron someone out deliberately when you have had more than enough time to bail out of the play.

It borderline ticks the common sense box and it absolutely ticks the consistency box, for him to get binned.

A player getting penalised for that high tackle definitely doesn’t tick the common sense box. It has also been let go many times this year. I have seen some other bad ones penalised where it clearly hasn’t been warranted

Why do I have to agree with Joey’s claim?

A real stretch for a penalty? Wow, since when has falling players been a reason not to penalise? People are complaining about consistency but want it not followed when it suits…
A real stretch it was a swinging arm.

No issue with it being a penalty at all but a stack of extenuating circumstances.

Your bias is making you completely incapable of discussing this game with any sense at all so I’ll let you carry on alone.

Cgaf about either team for the record so I was capable of watching with both eyes.

Remove this Banner Ad

NRL 2024 - Preliminary Finals

Back