NTFA DIV 1 and 2 January 2012 News

Remove this Banner Ad

tassie_footy

Rookie
Oct 24, 2009
Launceston
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Lets get some decent info coming in about this comp, all the other competitions have great news about teams etc.

Welcome and please post often. It is a lot of fun to hear about other clubs are travelling etc.

I will make a start.

George Town look to of picked up a few and could be back to their damaging best.

Old L's look to have picked up some very handy young footballers and will certainly give the finals a shake after several poor seasons.

Longford to go down the ladder a long way after the appointment of a novice coach (good on him to put his hand up but it will be an uphill battle for the young lad) He needs some good support to do any good.

Keep the news coming.

Well the movements I have heard to date are,

Rocher have kept most of there players from last year, wickham has re-signed, jordan cousins is having a crack at north l'ton.

G-Town have lost corey burr, he's gone to SA.They had no luck with paul oshea,Lost corey allen who is going to WA for work, ben arkless is going. Chris jones will go around again, Both the nankervis boys have headed to north and adam zanevra has come back. Axton and walsh will play 2's on and off through the year.

Bridgenorth don't look to have changed to much,they tried to get oshea as well, a couple of l'ton boys will head that way. Don't be surprise to see both the mc cabe boys playing by the end of the year!

Bracknell, not alot going on there! gilligan has signed up. a few young boys from south have headed out that way! There ruck man Peck has been training at north,don't reckon he'll be up to it !

Longford,new coach but will be much the same, pick up a few from perth ie; trotter,baker,bassett.

Hillwood, haven't heard of any big names headed there, a few old face going back from the sounds of it.

Deloraine, on the hunt for a few key players, word was the Nunn brothers from bracknell had been seen up there. Picked up a couple of fellas from mole creek.

Scottsdale, finding it hard to get numbers, rainbow gone, leroy nicholes headed back to the union along with alot of there u/19's going to lilydale.

Well thats what i have heard and no doubt half of it won't be anything like the truth.

From what I have heard most of big time players news is pretty close to the mark, although don't think you will see the nunns at deloraine. Rocherlea would have to be clear favorites at this stage and with little rumours on player movements, clubs that can maintain most of their players can be competitive. Similar top 5 to last year with deloraine and Scottsdale to really struggle..

What is it at Deloraine that with such a large area to get players from that they always seem to struggle,. I may be wrong but i can only remember one Grand Final appearance in at least 30 years since they left the Esk Assocoation and that was forgettable. This should be a club that should be a front runner like George Town has been and still is to that matter.

Great to see something up and going. We need to get as much rumours possible going.

I have only heard rumours also so dont know how much of it is truth either.

Heard hillwood basically have resigned all their best unders from the last two years and have also picked up some qulaity 20-22 year olds from other clubs, perhaps there trying to stick together and be a threat ina few years.. good luck to them, although looking at it they have a bloody lot of youngsters to chose from so could pay off.

Havent heard much from deloraine, all that i know is that i think they will struggle, i hope westbury dont take to many of their players, it would be a shame to see a div one team struggle not good for the comp.

Think scottsdale will struggle heard that a few of their better unders have gone to Old Ls.

G'town, I think with the loss of Axton, Walsh, Jones (not playing all yr), the nankervis', burr and allen and only heard that theyve picked up Nick Sutton they may drop down the ladder.

L'ford, big loss for Paul reynolds, have picked up Trooter and Baker from perth and rumours of a young WAFL player who is over for uni but imagine they may lose a few of the college boys that paul brought and know that greyhound has left who is a massive effort. Will prob still be around top 5.

Bracknell, have heard that Gilligan and Shackleton have gone there, anyone else heard about Shackleton? other than that dont know anything else.

Rocherlea, to me, picked up Andrea Miar and Aaron Viney and rumours that Seth McCrimmon as well with only losing /cousins, S Viney and Zadow that i know i think there clear favourites.

Bridgenorth, have heard htat Chris Savage and Joe Boyce from Launnie may be heading out there but i cant see this happening.. ALso heard that Hall, Clements, J Savage, Horton, Hodge and a few others have headed to the Tamar Cats (as the tamar cats aparently are having a massive push to enter div one in 2013..

Havent heard much on div two.

If your correct on the players going to Tamar Cats from the Parrots then they could give Div 2 a fair shake for they had a lot of good young players last year who although got spanked a few times did play good football, was just couldnt compete against the bigger bodies but did move the ball well.

Rocherlea is true on seth mcrimmon, miar and viney, have lost cousins, s viney, sam bannister (back to evandale) and have possibly lost alex cadman to Ols although I cant see this happening with his fathers huge involvement in rocherlea.

Nick sutton to george town is confirmed but was talking to people tied up with bracknell over the weekend and there is nothing regarding luke shackleton.. apparently he is up here in the north working and informally spoke with bracknell and rocherlea but will stay put in Burnie!

Ben Haywood from Perth and played in the rep team has gone to bridenorth while Alec crosswell, aaron dolting, jim conroy and daniel kernan from ringarooma join fingal.

St pats are struggling for numbers at the moment along with Perth

thats about all I have at the moment. I believe the young WAFL player rumoured to be going to longford will actually join the westbury meander suns as he is mates with a guy who is playing for them.. big drop from WAFL to leven apparently but I believe the guys name is Braden Crosby.. maybe plaued underage WAFL but not seniors??

Well the movements I have heard to date are,

Rocher have kept most of there players from last year, wickham has re-signed, jordan cousins is having a crack at north l'ton.

G-Town have lost corey burr, he's gone to SA.They had no luck with paul oshea,Lost corey allen who is going to WA for work, ben arkless is going. Chris jones will go around again, Both the nankervis boys have headed to north and adam zanevra has come back. Axton and walsh will play 2's on and off through the year.

Bridgenorth don't look to have changed to much,they tried to get oshea as well, a couple of l'ton boys will head that way. Don't be surprise to see both the mc cabe boys playing by the end of the year!

Bracknell, not alot going on there! gilligan has signed up. a few young boys from south have headed out that way! There ruck man Peck has been training at north,don't reckon he'll be up to it !

Longford,new coach but will be much the same, pick up a few from perth ie; trotter,baker,bassett.

Hillwood, haven't heard of any big names headed there, a few old face going back from the sounds of it.

Deloraine, on the hunt for a few key players, word was the Nunn brothers from bracknell had been seen up there. Picked up a couple of fellas from mole creek.

Scottsdale, finding it hard to get numbers, rainbow gone, leroy nicholes headed back to the union along with alot of there u/19's going to lilydale.

Well thats what i have heard and no doubt half of it won't be anything like the truth.
scottsdale have around 30 training lee nichols still there Damien Rhind from victoria coaching speaking to a few blokes thompson and denham hall back at club they should finish in 5 with a bit of luck

word is that Zeke Goassage is heading back from the mainland and will play with longford again, will be handy for them if its true.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back