Number 3 - Byron Schammer

Remove this Banner Ad

wbFREOschammer.jpg

been waiting for him to step up to the next level for a while, but the bloke just can't buy a trick. Hopefully with J.Carr leaving he'll take his chance and have a bit of luck!

That was probably my favourite single moment of the entire 2008 season.

That was probably my favourite single moment of the entire 2008 season.

I would've said the same thing if Kepler hadn't have made Prince Twigley look like a ruckman wearing ballet shoes on an ice rink before coolly silencing anyone who may have ever thought that sliced bread was anywhere near as good as Kepler.

Tequila will show exactly why we rated him so highly when he was drafted next year. I think he cemented a spot in our midfield last season and he will go from strength to strength as he grows ever more in confidence.

I would've said the same thing if Kepler hadn't have made Prince Twigley look like a ruckman wearing ballet shoes on an ice rink before coolly silencing anyone who may have ever thought that sliced bread was anywhere near as good as Kepler.

That is probably the funniest sentence i've read all year. Thanks BKBP! :D

Last year I loved what I saw from Lord Byron in the pre-season and confidently tipped him for a top 6 B&F finish. About half way through the year after watching him yet again look as though he was wearing roller skates at Subi, falling down all over the shop I must confess to losing heart. It was the continually falling over in contests and even non contests just trying to pick the ball up. Whatever happened at the end of the year though I hope he has finally found his confidence. He's not that smart or skillful but he is truly hard and has the heart of a lion.

Good to see Schammers keeping himself busy in the offseason.

He has a new nickname now.

Schamwow

saw the ad on tv last night the fool doin the ad even looks like him.
Bet hes coppin lots of crap from all his teammates.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first half of the season was pretty good but he tailed off badly in the 2nd half.

Or was that last season? They're all starting to blur into one now.

His first half of the season was pretty good but he tailed off badly in the 2nd half.

Or was that last season? They're all starting to blur into one now.
He was injured for 3 games late this season but finished off decently and started the year well, compared to others.

He was injured for 3 games late this season but finished off decently and started the year well, compared to others.

Yeah the late injury kept his output down a bit in the last few games, but I think his last week or two were a bit closer to his sparkling early season form IIRC. People are severely underrating just how good he was in the first half of the season. He was fantastic and if he can get back to that form consistently, he will prove once and for all why he was so highly rated when we first drafted him. I'm tipping he'll go above and beyond that and will likely be pushing for the top five in the Doig medal.

I still dont understand how some people can describe Schammers 09 as poor. As what was said before, his first half of the season was great, and then when he came back from injury he really wasn't that bad was he?

I've had a look and Scham's averages for 09:

21.3 possies, 4.2 marks, 4.2 tackles

Not too bad.

Only kicked 8 goals 6 though so it'd be nice to see him become a bit more dangerous in that area.

Probably best for everyone that way. The club doesn't look interested in persevering with him any longer. A bit disappointing, as i quite like Byron as a player.

I wonder what compensation we'd get for him with that AFL formula. Being based (i think) on B&F finish, games recently played, contract value etc, I couldn't see us recieving market value for him :(

A trade there should help prolong his career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back