Number 31 - Aaron Sandilands

Remove this Banner Ad

js09essendon_lead2.jpg

Big 211!!! will dominate next season! outright #1 Ruckman in the AFL!! small COX has nothing on this bloke!

Well done to the big fella for winning the Doig Medal :thumbsu:

No comments for the whole season for his thread, I guess there was nothing to complain about.

Would've been interesting if this thread had been around since Sandi started. I seem to remember him having a lot of knockers in his early days.

Some of these other player threads could make for interesting reading in the future (Balla's one for example) if bigfooty doesn't completely self destruct into one big white page of death by then.

Would've been interesting if this thread had been around since Sandi started. I seem to remember him having a lot of knockers in his early days.

I remember trying to defend Sandi more often than not when I first signed up for BF back in '06. People get so caught up in players weaknesses sometimes that they overlook their strengths. Badly.

Some of these other player threads could make for interesting reading in the future (Balla's one for example) if bigfooty doesn't completely self destruct into one big white page of death by then.

Bradley's would be hilarious if it had been around since he first arrived at the club. Post to post, it would go from, overrated hack to underrated champ, from wasted draft pick to steal of the century and back again. There'd be posters that hated him on page one declaring their love for him on page two.

Are we just going to continue with the threads and what's in them for next season?

Obviously deleting the trades/delists.

If we are one of the mods could change the title of the threads with the # that the kids were taken in the draft?

I don't think we should delete threads when players leave. Keep them for posterity and just let them float to the back of the list if nobody posts in them. There's already a thread on Shane Parker here somewhere.

Maybe just delete their numbers out of the title?

109 possessions @ 70.64% DE, 220 hitouts, 29 marks (14 contested*), 4 goals and 10 tackles to date.

Absolute domination by the big man in 2010. :thumbsu:

*Leading the competition.

Aaron Sandilands has started running and is optimistic about a return to football within eight weeks of his surgery to repair a partially torn hamstring tendon.
Sandilands said he had suffered no setbacks since his operation.
"Everything went according to plan with the surgery and it is just a matter of getting the rehab done," he said.
"Hopefully I will be back out soon. I am starting to get some strength back in there.
"You just have to tick the boxes along the way and if I do that it should be around the eight-week mark.
"I actually went for a shuffle on Saturday. It wasn't real quick but it was just a matter of getting up and going again. It progresses pretty quickly from now on."
Sandilands, now 30 and coming off consecutive seasons with significant injury interruptions because of recurring bouts of turf toe, admitted frustration with his injury run.
"You do all of the hard work to get out there and play," he said. "I have missed a fair chunk of footy over the last few years. That just makes you hungrier and makes you realise how much you miss the game."
But he dismissed queries over his durability.
"It was only a minor thing with the hamstring surgery and once we got it done we knew it was going to put us in a good place to get through the rest of the season," he said. "I have only just turned 30 so I am not over the hill yet.
"The positive thing is that the body doesn't get bashed around as it would if you were playing AFL games of footy. Hopefully I have still got a few years left in me."
He praised Jon Griffin's form in his absence and was confident the pair could work together when he returned, speaking of the prospect of spending more time in attack.
"Griff has been in great form and he is playing a great role for the footy club at the moment," he said. "For it to work, one of us is going to have to spend some time forward and I am pretty confident that we can do that.
"It would be nice to spend a bit of time forward and Ross indicated in the pre-season we were going to do that."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/dockers/16639324/im-not-over-the-hill-yet-sandilands/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back