Numbers up??

Remove this Banner Ad

Probs have to check out training. I know though they get their numbers 'officially' presented to them at Family Day.
Apparently though Tommy Lynch has 29.

New numbers:

4 - VACANT
9 - VACANT
17 - BEGLEY, COLM (NEW)
21 - HEYNE, NICK (NEW)
22 - RAY, FARREN (NEW)
28 - STANLEY, RHYS (NEW)
29 - LYNCH, TOM (NEW)
30 - HOWARD, BRAD (ROOKIE)
35 - VACANT
39 - SMITH, ALISTAIR (NEW)
41 - CAHILL, PAUL (NEW)
43 - DAWSON, ZAC (NEW ROOKIE)
47 - SIMPKIN, TOM (NEW ROOKIE)
48 - McGRATH, BLAKE (NEW ROOKIE)
49 - GAERTNER, STEVEN (NEW ROOKIE)
50 - TUNGATALUM, ROSS (NEW ROOKIE)
51 - McGARRY, SAM (NEW ROOKIE)

http://saints.com.au/tabid/5315/default.aspx?newsid=70986

From what i can see, no one changed numbers.

Ah, I KNEW i was forgetting someone! Thanks '66. Can you tell me the significant #9s? I've got a sneaking suspicion Ian Stewart was a 9, but I couldn't confirm it.

Ah, I KNEW i was forgetting someone! Thanks '66. Can you tell me the significant #9s? I've got a sneaking suspicion Ian Stewart was a 9, but I couldn't confirm it.

Damien Kitschke!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lazar Vidovic :D

With the G-Train and the crazy car salesman Lazar Vidovic wearing the no.9 jumper, we probably should reserve it for cult heroes only. Not sure if any of the new recruits live up to that mantle yet.

With the G-Train and the crazy car salesman Lazar Vidovic wearing the no.9 jumper, we probably should reserve it for cult heroes only. Not sure if any of the new recruits live up to that mantle yet.

Eljay Connors brother!

I love this photo of Eljay.

Wendell.gif

Eljay Connors brother!

Yes good call, I forgot about your young protege L2M4G. Eljay would be a natural to fill the shoes of G-Train and big Lazar. Brings that same crazy wildman quality to the team that those guys did and has cult hero written all over him.

In addition to Lazar and Fraser, we had Val Perovic, Max Crow, Damian Monkhorst and Milan Faletic as No. 9 cult figures (of sorts).

In No. 4 Wells Eicke was a 3 time B&F and captain-coach after debuting at 15yo, Bill Cubbins won 4 B&Fs, and Vic Cumberland was OK (AFL Hall of Famer).

We've had some pretty handy types pull on No 35 - David Grant, Paul Callery, Russell Greene, and of course Scratcher Neal (who had to hand it on to Banger in 1989).

Funny that the only other Harvey to play for St Kilda in over 100 years was Banger's brother.

Another useless stat - Nathan Burke wore No 52 in 1987, and who wore it in 1988? (Banger)

Is the No. 99 allocated to Ooh Aah (on Saints website) for real?

Maybe they figure that as Ross Tunga is No. 50, and Blake is almost twice his height than he needs the big digits.

Or given a few No. 9 players have received cult hero status in years gone by, that he will be doubly popular?

I do wish Max had been given No. 86. Then Blake (agent 99) could be forgiven for proclaiming "Ooohh Max!!!".

But then there's no way Ooh Aah would fit in the "Cone of Silence".

cone-of-silence.jpg
cone_of_silence2.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Numbers up??

Remove this Banner Ad

Back