O.K, who thought that the game was over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Wolfpac

Team Captain
Apr 13, 2005
Earth
AFL Club
Essendon
I went to the game today. When (I think it was) Fanning was lining up for goal, North Melbourne Supporters were leaving the Ground and heading for the Car park (Or the Train). Collingwood were up by 4 goals and the clock read 23 minutes. So I wondering,

1). Did you think the game was over?
2). Did you leave early?
3). If you did leave early, did you rush back to the ground or didn't you know until you got back to the car or heard it on the Radio?

Wolfpac said:
I went to the game today. When (I think it was) Fanning was lining up for goal, North Melbourne Supporters were leaving the Ground and heading for the Car park (Or the Train). Collingwood were up by 4 goals and the clock read 23 minutes. So I wondering,

1). Did you think the game was over?
2). Did you leave early?
3). If you did leave early, did you rush back to the ground or didn't you know until you got back to the car or heard it on the Radio?

1. if your a true north supporter you know better than to leave early

2. didnt make it today

3. learnt that lesson in 1976 when blighty kicked the 80metre goal.

it hurts to know youve missed a classic piece of history:mad:
will never leave games early unless they are a shallacking

Should have knwon better but i left early not only as i thought we had lost but the 3 or 4 times i have left before the siren sounds we have ended up winning. So i was hoping for another Omen and by the time i hit Vic Market we had 1 .

I left my seat with my little boy and headed for the car when Fanning was lining up.As we were walking from one side of the ground to the other we were copping it big time from the feral's and I couldn't say a thing.
Well it was like I was meant to be right behind the Ferals cheer squad to see us storm home.
Boy oh boy to see all those Pie fan's faces as Thommo's goal sailed through was priceless.

That was the first and last time I leave my seat early :D ..

GO ROOS!!!!!!!!

Question: Did Joffa have his gold jacket on at any stage? I've always wanted to see him put it on too early and have a team come from behind to beat them :eek:

How can you be happy with such a terrible result. It should have been a belting today but we deliver this drivell!!!

We gave the opposition no respect and look what happens.

:mad:

I couldn't go - my partner is lifelong, third generation Pie and we take turns to go to the games now rather than have a frosty/argumentative trip home. Today was not my turn.

I confess I had given up, listening to the radio (MMM), I was working out how to avoid seeing the love of my life until I got over the sick feeling that had been sitting there since about 2.30. Would not have left if I'd been there, and didn't turn the radio off, but it was a close run thing.

Hahaha me and my mate walked out n did up our jackets when buckley was lining up but stopped near our exit (right behind the collingwood cheer squad) after he missed and we quickly kicked one. Then when grant tied it up with his 2 we raced down the aisle next to the cheersquad price of right style, ripped off our jackets (hulk hogan style) to reveal our kangaroos guernseys and danced till the siren amongst all the ferals. After they roared 2 us "Sit down you idiots!" We responded by chanting "I wana be a dentist in collingwood!" even when though there was only 2 of us! Great day :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shagga is all Class said:
I don't think Archer thought it was over given the smother and follow up tackle in D50 during the last minute or so!

that guy is worthy of all accolades recieved and more

pure champion.

I never thought it was over
And when Grant kicked his 1st one in the last quarter i could feel a comeback :)

I couldnt go to the game coz no one could take me but when we go to the footy we never leave early

when it was 14.14.98 to 11.14.80 with 4 minutes to go - i thought ....nupe cant keep having these rocky theme comebacks! this one is gone! :D
How wrong i was.

Had Buckley kicked that goal it was all over. Rex Hunt had already had the fat lady singing...again...Maggot supporters were giving it to us, the little yellow maggots were killing us ( how dare Malthouse ever whinge about the treatment the maggots get ) we'd played crap all day and all of this just made the last 7 minutes oh so sweet. Is there anything that beats the look on the face of a crestfallen maggot? me thinks not!! Go you mighty value for money ROOBOYS!!!!

daggles said:
Had Buckley kicked that goal it was all over. Rex Hunt had already had the fat lady singing...again...Maggot supporters were giving it to us, the little yellow maggots were killing us ( how dare Malthouse ever whinge about the treatment the maggots get ) we'd played crap all day and all of this just made the last 7 minutes oh so sweet. Is there anything that beats the look on the face of a crestfallen maggot? me thinks not!! Go you mighty value for money ROOBOYS!!!!

:D

Yeah I thought it was over, I was thinking about our next 2 tough games!!

Happy to be proven wrong by the team and Shagga aswell...

"Come on Shannon, Do something!!!"

4 Kicks 3 Goals! A crucial last 10 minutes from him!

KangaMan said:
Yeah I thought it was over, I was thinking about our next 2 tough games!!

Happy to be proven wrong by the team and Shagga aswell...

"Come on Shannon, Do something!!!"

4 Kicks 3 Goals! A crucial last 10 minutes from him!

At no stage did I think it was over. I thought there wasn't much chance.

If you went to the saints game in round 3 then you certainly wouldn't have left early.

I stayed to the end and I was the one on TV in the last quarter with the Navy Russell Athletics Kangaroos Jacket on. I jumped out of my seat when thommo marked the ball.

Couldn't watch the game today with the little bloke playing in his end of season footy carnival today.

No coverage of the North /Pies game on radio over here this weekend with the Blues /Power game on every station....Got the half time even stevens score. However , driving home we thought the game was out of our reach.....Collingwood out to a 20 point lead,Drew Morphett was talking up how Laidley would be fuming over a lost opportunity .All of a sudden next score 12 points ......Next cross even....Next cross we won by a goal.

I think it's a blessing in disguise that I couldn't watch the match on TV today.......I might not have been able to make this post after suffering heart failure after another back from the brink win...........

Supporting North Melbourne sure is not for the faint hearted.

Don't ya just love it though! :)

The Urch said:
How can you be happy with such a terrible result. It should have been a belting today but we deliver this drivell!!!

We gave the opposition no respect and look what happens.

:mad:

Serves yourself right for expecting an easy game. We ALWAYS have trouble against Collingwood, no matter the ladder positions. All during the week some of the wiser heads warned not to get ahead of ourselves, and it isn't like we tried to play like millionaires, either, they played good, tight footy and we had to really dig deep to get up.

Remove this Banner Ad

O.K, who thought that the game was over?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back