Oasis split - noel quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Forgive me for waiting a few months before I start the mourning process.

As much as I love these guys, they act like they are 8 years old. Sad news if it is true though, I never got to see them live.

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
I only got really into this band in the last 3 years and was really hoping to catch them live even though they didn't come out this tour. I wouldn't be suprised if liam replaced noel like he did when he briefly left in 2000 and continued on with the band just to piss noel off. I hope noel now releases that solo album he has been talking about forever.

Never got to see them live, shattered:mad:

Hopefully they work something out and get back together

It was inevitable i guess, i think Noel will go on to make some great solo Music

While I am a huge Oasis fan, this is not a total surprise. It has been brewing for years, it was only a matter of time. I thought Liam would be the one to walk out myself. I saw them twice here in Sydney and they were concerts I will never forget.

Noel will go solo and will no doubt get a huge following. He is the brains behind Oasis - his music writing is special and his singing is getting better. Liam's attempts at writing music (like Little James......urgh) were not great, so you wonder if the remaining members will have a lot more of an influence. Despite what your views are on Noel walking out, he will have a lot of followers of a solo career.

The decline started with the last album in my view. I questioned if they would really make another one as it was not as strong as the others. I couldn't see them lasting beyond a couple of years. If they do go on, it won't really be the same. As much as Liam was seen as the leader, Noel made Oasis who they are.

Forgive me for waiting a few months before I start the mourning process.

As much as I love these guys, they act like they are 8 years old. Sad news if it is true though, I never got to see them live.

Good luck and good riddence..these w***ers behave like children. Paying patrons pay good money to see them live, only for the tossers to blow them off. I'm glad to see the back of em....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well its not like Noel quits during every world tour :rolleyes:

anyway with some of the new songs being played at soundchecks it would be good to hear a Noel solo album.

Absolutely gutted, they'll always be my favourite band, but without Noel they need to pack it in. Liam's having a laugh if he thinks they can carry on. It does seem that this is it though, for Liam to smash one of Noel's guitars, that's the sort of thing that you know Noel would just not tolerate, I can't see a reconciliation happening. I look forward to Noel's solo material, the man is a God and I'm sure whatever he does will be great. I'll just console myself by cranking their music for the rest of the day. I'm just grateful I got to see them live, I think I'd be even more upset if I hadn't had that privilege.

Valé Oasis - the last great proper Rock 'n' Roll band!

I am gutted.

Never really liked music that much till I was about 14 and came across Oasis. From then on my life was changed as they opened doors to other bands for me such as Stone Roses, Beatles, Smiths, The Jam etc. Following Oasis was a bit like following a Football team. Always something happening in the band, plenty of ups and downs and most fans took a great interest all year around.

Every interview was ****ing hilarious as well. Noel is imo the funniest man in Rock n Roll and one of the last few people in the music world who are not afraid to speak their mind.

Never got to see them live either which is ****ing shattering. Had been praying for an Australian tour this year which seemed pretty much guaranteed up until now.

Hoping they sort shit out. Still love the new album.

I am gutted.

Never really liked music that much till I was about 14 and came across Oasis. From then on my life was changed as they opened doors to other bands for me such as Stone Roses, Beatles, Smiths, The Jam etc. Following Oasis was a bit like following a Football team. Always something happening in the band, plenty of ups and downs and most fans took a great interest all year around.

Every interview was ****ing hilarious as well. Noel is imo the funniest man in Rock n Roll and one of the last few people in the music world who are not afraid to speak their mind.

Bang on mate, it was exactly the same for me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oasis split - noel quits

Remove this Banner Ad

Back