ODFA-Oatlands District Football Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Ozguy whats your take on the Woodsdale saga? Even though the facilities are really bad out there, the comp needs them bigtime right now after the Campbell Town move
Things are going to turn bad, really soon.

There won't be any games at the Woodsdale ground.

Way out of the Assocation's control, from what I understand.

I agree, it’s an uphill battle for them.
Could there be liability issues arising with a not for profit organisation owning the ground? Even if liabilities/insurances were activated?
It is a "No Insurer is going to insure those facilities unless they want to be sued into oblivion"

It is a "No Insurer is going to insure those facilities unless they want to be sued into oblivion"

Interesting that the club claim “that the insurers were happy to activate the policy” given other instances around the country with councils being involved with litigation, where the local councils have been liable. I believe the SMC has made the sensible decision distancing themselves from it. Upgrade the main regional location at Oatlands and co-tenant or stay at Kempton…

Interesting that the club claim “that the insurers were happy to activate the policy” given other instances around the country with councils being involved with litigation, where the local councils have been liable. I believe the SMC has made the sensible decision distancing themselves from it. Upgrade the main regional location at Oatlands and co-tenant or stay at Kempton…
The Council and the overarching Australian Football in Australia, Insurers are the same Insurer.

And they 100% have in no way signed off on the ground being up to standard.

Even if the SMC and ODFA said "Yep, go for it", there would be no Insurance. Which is the death blow.

The Council and the overarching Australian Football in Australia, Insurers are the same Insurer.

And they 100% have in no way signed off on the ground being up to standard.

Even if the SMC and ODFA said "Yep, go for it", there would be no Insurance. Which is the death blow.
How do you see it playing out?
Fold, co-tenant at Oatlands or stay at Kempton?

Even if SMC do transfer ownership to the club, what does that mean for the club itself?

How do you see it playing out?
Fold, co-tenant at Oatlands or stay at Kempton?

Even if SMC do transfer ownership to the club, what does that mean for the club itself?
Fold.

They won't play at Oatlands.

They hate Kempton.

And it the transferred ownership, the club would need to raise a lot more money than it claims to need to upgrade.

I have to ask and in no way is my intent to make fun of Woodsdale as a team but how many times since 2000 have they gone into recess?
4th if this happens?

I have to ask and in no way is my intent to make fun of Woodsdale as a team but how many times since 2000 have they gone into recess?
4th if this happens?
I couldn't answer that, but it was effectively 2 by the end of the Seniors/Reserves ODFA. I know of 1 since then for sure, but there could we have been another 1

2002,2004 and 2005 they were out. 2003 back for a year and runners up to Mount Pleasant I think(Scott Johnson BOG if I recall correctly)

Came back in 2006 to help effectively save the competition I guess post CH team beginning and teams being reduced.

Stuck around until round 7 2015 if information is correct,winning 4 flags in that span and were a dominant team for sure.

Came back 2022 and unfortunately languished at the bottom of the ladder.

02 recess
04-05 recess
15-22 recess
25??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

ODFA-Oatlands District Football Association

Remove this Banner Ad

Back