Official 18's GVFL Thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncletoby

Rookie
Feb 14, 2006
i thought i would be a good idea to put a under 18's thread in to swap info about the 18's so on and so forth. it would be good to see how the other under 18's in the gv are goin at the moment, and how they are going to shape up this year.

Re: Offical 18's gvfl thread

good idea there uncletoby, the seymour boys have started there pre-season most boys have been training with the seniors to get fitness up. we are looking at having a ok side this year might not be to competive tho but will wait and see how we shape up after our first pracky match. let you no on the results. cheers axel

I am mates with Micheal Normington older brother of Ryan Normington from shep (not sure which 1) but aparently he goes alright do any of you know anything aout him..

ky boys start trainin on their own bout three weeks ago, fair few been trainin with seniors before hand though. probably have a better group of second year player this year then last, not a great deal comin up number wise but the quality is pretty good. were hopin to get a couple from tonny after there move but did go through. Will have quite a few tried in the senior through the year as the don't seem as they will be that good an mayb 1 or 2 in bushies. Matt delid an Josh pell will return after both missin the second half of the year
Got prac matches against golden square and mooroopna lined up, how bout everyone else?
just another question, who is rendena playin for? he was like the town bike last year he had a go on everyone in shepp last year

nomis how is Matt delid goin with his pre-season after his knee reko?? he killed it the first harlf of the season last yr! would like to see how he goes this yr.

the knee is goin well, he has had a few week off with a bit of tendernitis in it of late, should probably be back on the track in the next few weeks. Has found a nice set of cannons for his new outfit for this year. Should go well when he gets back into it and gets his confidence back up

thats good to hear mate, itll be good to see how far he can go with his footy this year. Does any one know how the shep sides are going?

JC1981 said:
I am mates with Micheal Normington older brother of Ryan Normington from shep (not sure which 1) but aparently he goes alright do any of you know anything aout him..

Ryan is a United boy, holds an AFL-AIS scholarship and should be in the Bushrangers squad.

Ummm On that topic of seymour's under 18's training i would like to comment on eamon mannix, although he hasn't been seen at training, i have heard he has been gaining from some gym time. along with the size of the kid, the skills have been known to show, mainly on game day not some much on the training track, but a hot tip for eamon to be up there with the votes this season, also there is a rumour that he might be leading the lions out this season.....

Seymour thirds have picked an old player, under the name of shannon o'connor who is set to carve up the centre bounces and his movement around the ground is outstanding.... he will be very valuable to the seymour lions as they will have to fight for the title

Joel Brooks, dynamic left foot, but yet undecided about whether to play a real league like GV or play at school with assumption, what kind of league plays less than 20 home and away matches, seriously, AGSV is a joke, GV is just great, but yeh anyway joel is a key player ready to pull a usual 40+ posessions a game, outstanding skills and pace.... great player

United will be competitive but won't be contender's.
Their side is a very young one.
Players to watch will be Normo and Matt Rendina when they aren't playing bushies.
Luke Checcin should play all year and will win the B n F.
Also picked up Glenn Senior from Katamatite.
Will play key possy.

The bears will be strong yet again.
Only thing that may stop them is that they have Matt Kelly, Chris Cullinan, Matt Chapman, and maybe a couple of others in bushies.
Young player to watch is Ash Williamson, prolific ball winner and can turn a game around.
Only a light frame but great skills and pace to burn.
With a full side they will be very very hard to beat.

Sidey_87 said:
United will be competitive but won't be contender's.
Their side is a very young one.
Players to watch will be Normo and Matt Rendina when they aren't playing bushies.
Luke Checcin should play all year and will win the B n F.
Also picked up Glenn Senior from Katamatite.
Will play key possy.

The bears will be strong yet again.
Only thing that may stop them is that they have Matt Kelly, Chris Cullinan, Matt Chapman, and maybe a couple of others in bushies.
Young player to watch is Ash Williamson, prolific ball winner and can turn a game around.
Only a light frame but great skills and pace to burn.
With a full side they will be very very hard to beat.

How will Shepp Swans go? Have they recruited? Can Matt Hebbard play?
Can you list coaches of all sides? Is Mick Ryan coaching Ky, as when he does they normally are very good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sonofapriest-16 said:
Joel Brooks, dynamic left foot, but yet undecided about whether to play a real league like GV or play at school with assumption, what kind of league plays less than 20 home and away matches, seriously, AGSV is a joke, GV is just great, but yeh anyway joel is a key player ready to pull a usual 40+ posessions a game, outstanding skills and pace.... great player
GV only plays 18 H&A matches mate.

Sonny said:
Can you list coaches of all sides? Is Mick Ryan coaching Ky, as when he does they normally are very good?
Not sure about Ky only know a bit about the shepp sides,
the swans i'm not totally sure about but i don't think they have recruited any huge names.
Heb will most likely play bushies all year, good player.
A bit like last year, they'll win a few games but just don't have any match winners.
But as i said i'm not totally sure.
The one to watch here would be Luke Henery, good season last year and will go close in the league medal if they can win half their games.

TuskenRaider said:

Haha.

Rochester are looking OK. They have four players with the Pioneers, but I'm not sure how much they will play there. They have lost quite a few players from the team that made the finals the last two years, but have picked up a few quality players from the under 16's. Could possibly make finals, but I think they will miss.

sonofapriest-16 said:

Mate does your mother know your playing on the net?

TuskenRaider said:
Sorry mate, bout that comment but the Assumption league doesnt play enough games, and it had slipped my mind that coz of the loss of a team in the GV that it was only 18.... sorry to make a wrong accusation

seymour thirds should have a very tough seeing the loss of some great players. but also they should be ok with the recruit from nagambie, brent le cerf, who did quite well in the KDFL. but yet to see how he goes in the GV. How are kyabram, shepp bears and rochester looking? are they the main contenders for the flag this year? or who's the tip?

Sonny said:

Matt Hebbard is a great player good chf and onballer was on the bushies list last yr, not to sure if he got a game or not, should be a good player with them this yr.

slim18 said:
Mate does your mother know your playing on the net?

what would that matter buddy, why would his mum care if his on the net or not?? good question tho.

sonofapriest-16 said:
Sorry mate, bout that comment but the Assumption league doesnt play enough games, and it had slipped my mind that coz of the loss of a team in the GV that it was only 18.... sorry to make a wrong accusation
GV only played 18 matches last year with Tongala in the competition.

sonofapriest-16 said:
seymour thirds should have a very tough seeing the loss of some great players. but also they should be ok with the recruit from nagambie, brent le cerf, who did quite well in the KDFL. but yet to see how he goes in the GV. How are kyabram, shepp bears and rochester looking? are they the main contenders for the flag this year? or who's the tip?

Talking to a few of the shepp boys on saturday at the footy, they said ky n all the shepp sides would b good also benalla...... whats all this talk about seymour tho..... from what i hear they will b truggling alot..... who have they lost....?? and are the players that have gone up stayin at the club or swapping leagues, keen to know who will stand out in the seniors....

PUP16 said:
Talking to a few of the shepp boys on saturday at the footy, they said ky n all the shepp sides would b good also benalla...... whats all this talk about seymour tho..... from what i hear they will b truggling alot..... who have they lost....?? and are the players that have gone up stayin at the club or swapping leagues, keen to know who will stand out in the seniors....
Yeah Seymour might struggle not much talent at the club this yr, but names like jake anderson, ben tampion, sonny judge, dom russo and lachy watts have all moved up, they all contributed well, especially jake when he didnt play bushies, he will be a regular for the 1's this yr, and a rumour that dom russo and ben tampion will get a run there too.

sonofapriest-16 said:
Yeah Seymour might struggle not much talent at the club this yr, but names like jake anderson, ben tampion, sonny judge, dom russo and lachy watts have all moved up, they all contributed well, especially jake when he didnt play bushies, he will be a regular for the 1's this yr, and a rumour that dom russo and ben tampion will get a run there too.[/quote

how many games did jake play with the bushies?? herd a bit about dom russo and ben tampion..... who will play more senior games out of them??? do u know them personally sonofapriest??? is it true jake got calls from shepp, ky, and tat? will any of the 3rds boys play senior footy this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad