OFFICIAL: Mark Williams to Essendon for Pick 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Mark Wiliams maybe to Essendon?

I'm starting to think that this is what we're playing at.......

I hope so, if this happens I think it would be unbelievable for the club. Don't get me wrong, i've been a fan of Williams from day 1 but we wouldn't give him 3 years and we would gain so much.

Doubt it will happen but eh, you never know.

Picks 10,16 and Ryder thanks.

He's our best player. We're not talking about a good player here. We're talking about our BEST player!

Will kick 150 goals at Essendon. An Elite Forward that won a premil and GF of his own boot is worth at least 2 first rounders and a good player.

Im from the Port Adelaide school of trading. :D

Im 99% sure we have absolutely no chance of landing Jolly... My mail is its collingwood or bust as far as he's concerned. I am a fan of keeping pick 16 if we get it and using it in the draft. People can say what they like about the depth beyond pick 40- but there are some absolute Gems in the top 25-30 players...

Picks 10,16 and Ryder thanks.

He's our best player. We're not talking about a good player here. We're talking about our BEST player!

Will kick 150 goals at Essendon. An Elite Forward that won a premil and GF of his own boot is worth at least 2 first rounders and a good player.

Im from the Port Adelaide school of trading. :D

Why drink the haterade when Campbell Brown + #9 was actually agreed to :confused:

If we can get Pick 16 from the Scum for Willo.

Pick 16 and Kennedy -> Swans
Pick 9 and McGlynn -> Port Adelaide
Burgoyne -> Hawthorn
Jolly -> Hawthorn

Now thats a trade I can live with.
Give me that for xmas santa.

A jolly giant in a mighty mouse out... I can take that.

I was calling for Williams to be traded earlier in the season and received quite a backlash... well I haven't changed my mind, judging by the way he went about his footy this year I don't think his future is with Hawthorn. I'll still be sorry to see him playing for the scum though.

If such a deal helps us get a quality ruckman I think we should jump at the chance.

If you can get pick 16 from us for Williams that is the deal of a lifetime. Cannot see us possibly trading 1st round pick for a guy who is inconsistent, injury prone and who appears disinterested most of the time. Runs contrary to our youth policy as well and would be amazed if Knights allowed it to happen. We have been r*ped if such a trade occurs.

If you can get pick 16 from us for Williams that is the deal of a lifetime. Cannot see us possibly trading 1st round pick for a guy who is inconsistent, injury prone and who appears disinterested most of the time. Runs contrary to our youth policy as well and would be amazed if Knights allowed it to happen. We have been r*ped if such a trade occurs.

There is no way you'll give up 16 for Willo. It will be part of a 3 way trade if it happens.

I'd we will keep 16 and have two first round draft picks. Don't see how Williams fits into our forward structure anyway.

Re: Bombers offer willo 3 year deal

Just reported on 10 news. Also mentioned they have pick 16 [from Saints]
Could we get it to ontrade to Port with pick 9?
Would you be happy with this?

Wont be pick 16... It will more than likely be our second rounder pick 26. Surely without bias even hawks supporters should know that Willo is not worth a first rounder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with the bold.

The only chance of it happening is if Willo is seen as 'experienced' and Knights panics a little at not having Lloyd or Lucas' experience in the front half now.

Wont be pick 16... It will more than likely be our second rounder pick 26. Surely without bias even hawks supporters should know that Willo is not worth a first rounder

Have a look at what's going on around you mate-McLean went for pick 11 and lovett went for pick 16--- neither of those blokes can boast a record like willo and willo is a premiership player, which those two aren't. While I agree a top ten pick would be too much, I would expect willo would command a pick between 10 & 20. You guys must see a lot in the guy to offer him a 3 year deal... You must rate him highly...

While I agree a top ten pick would be too much, I would expect willo would command a pick between 10 & 20.

Willo is heading south from here on in; his best is behind him.

You seriously think you will get a late first / early second round pick for Williams do you? :D

Willo is heading south from here on in; his best is behind him.

You seriously think you will get a late first / early second round pick for Williams do you? :D

Let's compare Willo to Lovett.

Willo
Birthdate: 13 Apr 1983
Height: 180cm
Weight: 85kg
Debut: 2002, R1 vs ME
Games: 117
Goals: 246

Lovett
Birthdate: 18 Nov 1982
Height: 190cm
Debut: 2004, R1 vs PA
Games: 104
Goals: 58

If Lovett got you pick 16, Willo commands more.

Let's compare Willo to Lovett.

Willo
Birthdate: 13 Apr 1983
Height: 180cm
Debut: 2002, R1 vs ME
Games: 117
Goals: 246

Lovett
Birthdate: 18 Nov 1982
Height: 190cm
Debut: 2004, R1 vs PA
Games: 104
Goals: 58

If Lovett got you pick 16, Willo commands more.

can tell you right now they are not lovetts stats... first of all he has played 88 games, and debuted against hawthorn. additionally i would chop my nads off if he is 190cm.

can tell you right now they are not lovetts stats... first of all he has played 88 games, and debuted against hawthorn. additionally i would chop my nads off if he is 190cm.

lovett is 27 and comes with more baggage than paris hilton... willo is 26, younger and already a premiership player... It's not rocket science...

How about comparing Mark Williams to Shaun Burgoyne:

Williams;

13 April 1983 (1983-04-13) (age 26)
180cm / 82kg
111 games, 242 goals
Premiership Player 2008
Leading HFC Goalkicker 2005, 2006
Pacy athletic medium foward. Can play up the ground or close to goal. Lethal set shot from inside 40m. Capable of kicking 50+ goals a season.

Burgoyne

21 October 1982 (1982-10-21) (age 26)
185cm / 88kg
157 games, 171 goals
Premiership Player 2004
All Australian 2006
Athletic versitile mid-field player. Can play 'inside' or 'outside'. Silky skills.

If Burgoyne is worth Pick 9 and a good player then Mark Williams must surely be worth something very close to pick 16 or a second rounder and a player.

My bad.

Birthdate: 11 Nov 1982
Height: 183cm
Weight: 74kg
Debut: 2005, R3 vs HW
Games: 91
Goals: 95

Even more impressive. Congrats on landing pick 16 for him :eek:

lovett is 27 and comes with more baggage than paris hilton... willo is 26, younger and already a premiership player... It's not rocket science...

younger(5months) with degenerative knees... i know who i would take if both were available....

a 26y10mth mid who has phad no injury issues in his career (coming off his best season) vs a 26yr5mth fwd who struggles 39 matches in 3 yrs with frkd knees.

Remove this Banner Ad

OFFICIAL: Mark Williams to Essendon for Pick 16

Remove this Banner Ad

Back