OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Think about it Trotta...Fevola is suspended for 1 week and can't play for Yarra in their round 1 match!! Once he is cleared to a club he cannot get a clearance to another club for 28 days.
fevola is cleared to Glenrowan this week...he will serve his 1 match suspension this weekend when Glenrowan plays. He will then play for yarrawonga on permit in round 1 of Ovens and Murray over Easter. He will play on further permits before his 28 days are up and then glenrowan clears him to yarrawonga. Win win for both yarra and glenrowan (surely yarra is compensating glenrowan quite well!!!)

Seems pretty clear cut to me

I'll be buggerred!

I would have thought the jumpers would be hanging off their "Money Tree".

Rumor has it the "money tree" is now bone dry, struggling to meet with a few player contracts...??

Also a couple of injuries early on, one of the new recruits broke a hand/thumb in a interclub practice match and Steer has done a hamstring...

Not a good start for the 'Dream Team'

Rumor has it the "money tree" is now bone dry, struggling to meet with a few player contracts...??

Also a couple of injuries early on, one of the new recruits broke a hand/thumb in a interclub practice match and Steer has done a hamstring...

Not a good start for the 'Dream Team'

The paper didnt rate the "Dream Team" @all, Finals a maybe

The paper didnt rate the "Dream Team" @all, Finals a maybe

:thumbsu: If Steery has done his hammy and sits on the sideline for a few weeks he gets to have a really good look at his side and it will only help him coaching the side better so can be a positive for him.
Could not see the money tree drying up at Nth Wang in a hurry but would think any payed player should be signed to a contract.

Tatong must be throwing a fair bit in front of Lance for him to want to jump ship:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard today that part of G/rowans reward for the fev scam was that 2 Yarra players would play on permits for a few weeks but never showed up yesterday.....any truth in it....

I was chatting to a bloke from Melb today and discussing the underage situation, he told me that his particular club get kids straight out of the local Aus kick and into a club based league U10 comp and go right through to U18's ( of which they have 2 teams in diff U18 divsions ) therefore they don't have the problem with kids leaviing football at the rates we are currently experiencing.

I realise that there are big population differences etc but it makes you think about whether or not footy nurseries ( stand alone junior comps ) are the way to go any more......I would be interested to hear anyones thoughts....Could this model be applied at a local level...:footy::footy::footy:

This is exactly how the Murray and Picola Leagues operate. Kids who are 10 to 14 play 4ths and 15 to 17 year old play 3rds.:thumbsu:

What do you reckon of that steven whybrow that plays for tatong I went and seen tatong play and the kid killed it the rumor has it he could be a chance of leaving as he is moving to Bendigo the kid has plenty of talent and he is only 20 the kid could be something special what's your say on him

shit thats not to bad for a bloke every one thought was going to play twos all year . Could be the suprise packet

Yeah i ventured out on saturday to have a look at the so called 'Dream Team' and i was not let down, they were pretty good, although swanpool is not a good indicator they were still very clean and very sharp compared to the North wang of old...

The big fellow down foward was fantastic, he did have little resistance by swanpool but presented well and kicked some very sneaky goal from off the deck (he was quite mobile on the ground considering his size)... a few very classy new players moved the ball very well...

Down side they do look very 'Soft' there quite light and fast, the only tough bodies were adamo and berry and bells, adamo and berry were terrible unfit and running off the bench, against a big and tougher side the hawks might struggle....

Round 3 against greta will be a good test for the hawks...

Is anyone heading over to Doon on Friday to see the dogs take on Milawa? We are expecting a pretty big crowd so hopefully that's the case.

And how are Milawa looking? Can we expect another belting from them or have they lost a few?

Hi there new to the thread, have enjoyed watching all the posts, good thread!!

Have read all the posts about Nth Wangs "dream team", in relation to the Sorrento recruit, surely he is not travelling from Sorrento it must be a 4 hour trip!

I know heaps has been said about Nth Wang, but can anyone actually say how they are physically paying all these players??? Surely gate takings are not enough to cover what has been rumoured, or have a bunch of new sponsors jumped on board??

Is anyone heading over to Doon on Friday to see the dogs take on Milawa? We are expecting a pretty big crowd so hopefully that's the case.

And how are Milawa looking? Can we expect another belting from them or have they lost a few?

Lost a few but don't under estimate them.....with lewis and newton gone out of the forward line they need a lot a avenues to goal...Mcguire now at greta also leaves there midfield a little bit vulnerable too IMO....as I said ...beware :thumbsu:

What do you reckon of that steven whybrow that plays for tatong I went and seen tatong play and the kid killed it the rumor has it he could be a chance of leaving as he is moving to Bendigo the kid has plenty of talent and he is only 20 the kid could be something special what's your say on him
My say Stevie is ur talking your self up a bit mate

Hahaha been caught out this isn't Stevie guys this is his mate bazza I was playing a prank on him due to he loves reading about himself and talks about people talking about him on this website so I thought I would be an ass funny shit cos he cracked it bad should of got it on video haha

Lost a few but don't under estimate them.....with lewis and newton gone out of the forward line they need a lot a avenues to goal...Mcguire now at greta also leaves there midfield a little bit vulnerable too IMO....as I said ...beware :thumbsu:

Thanks Slim, we have only played them twice in two years, both times at Milawa and both times they have belted us by over 100 points!! Hopefully we can get a little closer to them at home!

Talking to a couple Tatong people yesterday and they're a bit unhappy with Glenrowan.

One of the Glenrowan players was overhead being sent out in sniper mode and ended Welshy's game with a knee injury and later in the game seen standing over Spook (who was lying on the ground in serious pain). Spook off to hospital with 2 broken ribs diagnosed.

Doesn't sound like they want to win games with that sort of carry-on. :thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

OKFL - Pre Season 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Back