Game Day Opening Round vs. GWS, Giants Stadium, 7:30pm Sat 09/03

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to see Sullivan getting a gig when he wasn't included in the 30 against the Tigers IMO.

Thankfully GWS will be missing 3 from their Preliminary final side also as an injury list that includes your key forward, a quasi key defender and a 3rd tall defender would generally be of concern for most teams heading into the first game of the season.

Seeing as we're all speculating this early, I'm going with both Dean and Frampton and Sullivan sub.
Sorry for the laugh emoji but this thing you’ve got for Sullivan is crazy. They’re not bringing him in when they didn’t even have him in the squad for the Richmond game. He’ll likely get his chance at some point this year but you gotta let go of the idea of him having a rd 1 debut, it’s just not happening.

Hopefully they're just being more cautious with him due to his history.
Although the report did suggest he left the track looking downcast and dejected, or words to that effect or that implied such a state of appearance or mind. Read into it what you will. For an empty vessel like myself, I read the worst into it that I possibly could.

Hopefully they're just being more cautious with him due to his history.
It was more Howe than the club. He couldn't complete the fitness test. Tried to run, but after a few tries, had to stop and leave the track.
Clearly his calf is still bothering him.

Sorry for the laugh emoji but this thing you’ve got for Sullivan is crazy. They’re not bringing him in when they didn’t even have him in the squad for the Richmond game. He’ll likely get his chance at some point this year but you gotta let go of the idea of him having a rd 1 debut, it’s just not happening.
I think you need to apologize to everyone for the jinx you put on the Club when you altered my post about injuries before Rd 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the mix for Opening Round

collingwood.jpg

Will Jeremy Howe's absence on Saturday night open the door for a long-awaited debut? Charlie Dean is not a like-for-like replacement, but the Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medallist is in the frame after banking a pre-season and impressing last week. Fin Macrae should be rewarded after taking the next step over the summer. Ash Johnson and Reef McInnes have been hunting Dan McStay's spot all pre-season and both produced eye-catching moments. John Noble was squeezed out of the side last September but has been impressive across the practice match block. Pat Lipinski has reclaimed his spot in the best 22 after a strong summer. Lachie Schultz will slot straight in after being recruited in October. - Josh Gabelich

Not selecting Dean and swinging an experienced mid to half back might be the way to ensure Macrae gets a start. I reckon Macrae is at the top of their priority list .

But I think we need three tall backs against the giants, albeit Maynard is proven against taller opponents, so great opportunity for Dean too.

Will be interesting to see which way they go but I’m pretty sure Macrae will be in the 23, if not the 22.

Last edited:

collingwood.jpg

Will Jeremy Howe's absence on Saturday night open the door for a long-awaited debut? Charlie Dean is not a like-for-like replacement, but the Fothergill-Round-Mitchell Medallist is in the frame after banking a pre-season and impressing last week. Fin Macrae should be rewarded after taking the next step over the summer. Ash Johnson and Reef McInnes have been hunting Dan McStay's spot all pre-season and both produced eye-catching moments. John Noble was squeezed out of the side last September but has been impressive across the practice match block. Pat Lipinski has reclaimed his spot in the best 22 after a strong summer. Lachie Schultz will slot straight in after being recruited in October. - Josh Gabelich
7 ins and 1 out and one still out. As clear as mud😂

Not selecting Dean and swinging an experienced mid to half back might be the way to ensure Macrae gets a start. I reckon Macrae is at the top of their priority list .
Macrae didn’t get a start against Richmond, and that was without Pendlebury. The extra mid going to half back is probably either making way for him or Pendlebury himself.

But I think we need three tall backs against the giants, albeit Maynard is proven against taller opponents
Maynard to play on Cadman, and to possibly swing to Green when Riccardi takes a run in the ruck, Frampton on Riccardi/Cadman, Moore on Hogan - this assumes that Keefe doesn't play.

collingwood.jpg

Macrae to play I reckon.

With both Murphy and Howe out of the backline there is opportunity for some others. Whether that's bringing in Dean or moving the magnets that allows Fin to come in. I can't see Frampton being dropped just for his flexibility in various positions around the ground.
I really don't know what will happen, but my predictions (changes from the GF side)

Out: Ginnivan, Howe, Murphy
In: Shultz, Dean, Macrae (sub)

I reckon Charlie will get a nod at Half Back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back