No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's in the schedules on the main 7 channel as far as I can tell

UK here so going to be relying on VPN magic otherwise it will be a very disappointing 5am start

interesting to know why? I reckon it will be a close game. Should be good.
I have a theory as to why a comfortable win for Sydney is a better than average chance.

Since the elimination finals were introduced, on 7 occasions a team has reached the grand final to face a team that has had a week's break during the finals.

1980 - Collingwood lost by 81 points
1983 - Essendon lost by 83 points
1988 - Melbourne lost by 96 points
1994 - Geelong lost by 80 points
1997 - Adelaide won by 31 points*
2019 - GWS lost by 89 points
2021 - Bulldogs lost by 74 points

* The opponent was St Kilda, which almost doesn't count. And Adelaide - who finished 7th - were allowed to host a final against Geelong - who finished 2nd - in week 2 of the finals. So they had a leg up. The league were desperate for Adelaide to win a flag.

I have a theory as to why a comfortable win for Sydney is a better than average chance.

Since the elimination finals were introduced, on 7 occasions a team has reached the grand final to face a team that has had a week's break during the finals.

1980 - Collingwood lost by 81 points
1983 - Essendon lost by 83 points
1988 - Melbourne lost by 96 points
1994 - Geelong lost by 80 points
1997 - Adelaide won by 31 points*
2019 - GWS lost by 89 points
2021 - Bulldogs lost by 74 points

* The opponent was St Kilda, which almost doesn't count. And Adelaide - who finished 7th - were allowed to host a final against Geelong - who finished 2nd - in week 2 of the finals. So they had a leg up. The league were desperate for Adelaide to win a flag.

Backing Fitzroy. But agree south Melbourne will probably win

Backing Fitzroy. But agree south Melbourne will probably win
Fitzroy and South were two sides I never minded back when they were still in Melbourne.

12 motnhs to the day umpies gifted pies a fake stand rule era flag
Who do you think they'll help over the line today? Both sides had a few dodgy calls go there way last week.

Fitzroy and South were two sides I never minded back when they were still in Melbourne.
both had more fans than norf yet they got shafted cos ron casey was in bed with the vfl for years

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back