No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember mid-season when Whately said this Swans team was the best we’d seen in a decade … and others in the media got just as giddy … when will these muppets learn not to blow their load early in an effort to downgrade the Tiger dynasty ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Any wonder why these guys didn’t win a flag.

Remember mid-season when Whately said this Swans team was the best we’d seen in a decade … and others in the media got just as giddy … when will these muppets learn not to blow their load early in an effort to downgrade the Tiger dynasty ??

Wankley was also keen on carlton campaigner has no idea just likes the sound of his own voice

Thought that Lohmann would be the X-factor this year.
Played only six games in the previous two years.
Played every game this year.
Doesn't get nervous or panic in the big games, has come on in leaps and bounds.

It’s a good reminder for us to be patient with our youngsters, small forwards in particular. Lohmann played 8 games across his first 2 x seasons. He kicked just 8 goals in his first 17 games … that’s in a top-4 team. He has 29 goals in his next 18 games and looks like a better version of Cody Weightman.

He was pick-20 in the 2021 draft.

Data and stats need to be looked at very carefully. To me it’s a farce and Super coach and Fantasy football has a lot to answer for.

Total player ratings:

Lions 230
Swans 162

Lions had the top 2 rated players and 10 of the top 14 rated players.

Footy fans can stop going into meltdown amidst "bizarre" AFL Grand Final scenes now. :tearsofjoy:

Data and stats need to be looked at very carefully. To me it’s a farce and Super coach and Fantasy football has a lot to answer for.

Swans also had 9 of the bottom 10 scorers. And total player ratings points was 230 v 162.

Grundy was rated high, as he had 18 x CP. equal most with Lachie Neale. Next best on ground was Rowbottom with 12. He also and 7 clearances himself and 5 x SI (2nd most for Sydney)

Rowbottom also rated high. 18 touches at 83% with a goal. 12 x CP which was third on ground. 10 x clearances which was most on ground. 5 x SI. Just 1 x clanger.

Fox rated high. He had 21 touches and a goal with 10 x CP. went at an extraordinary 95% DE. 6 x SI was most for Sydney. 2 x Goal Assists.

Luke Parker rated prettt high which is a bit harder to explain as despite 3 x goals he had 5 clangers and went at only 50%. He did have 6 tackles.

Keep in mind, player ratings ignore the scoreboard or state of the game. So Parker’s 3 x goals when game is over are not punished from a ratings perspective.

The best way to explain anomalies is using a cricket analogy. Bowler A could take 0-30 and get a rating of 20. Then Bowler B who takes 5-20 gets a rating of 8. But how?

That’s because the 0-30 bowler beat the bat 12 times, had 3 catches dropped off their bowling and went at 2 runs an over.

But the bowler with 5-20 got 3 x wickets with terrible balls, dismissed the 10th and 11th bats and bowled just 5 x overs so went at 4 an over and didn’t beat the bat once.

So what the ratings tells you is if Bowler A and Bowler B continue to bowl at that standard, Bowler A will very quickly prove themselves to be the superior bowler and their performances will show it. But in isolated games that isn’t necessarily the case.

I called them as a dark horse a while back but thought they blew their chance at top 4 and wouldn't quite make the grand final. They lost to the doggies late in the year I thought and that cost them at the time. Didn't feel like there was an absolutely red hot side leading into September.
Just the sort of game doggies play their legs off for

Remove this Banner Ad

No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION XL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back