News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

My theory is, he's been told that a number of things have to play out with list spots before we can re-sign him.

Then he's gone and talked to GWS to see if there is interest there just in case he's cut by us.

Career opportunities after football?

Get a afl wage whilst looking at Sydney opportunities for life after football?

Career opportunities after football?

Get a afl wage whilst looking at Sydney opportunities for life after football?

Combination hipster bar and podcast with Brodie Grundy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will not loose sleep if Orazio moves to GWS. Fantasia has managed just 19 games in 3 seasons with us and 15 of those were in his first season. Of those 19 Games he was either the sub or was subbed off in 3 of them so that is 16 complete games in 3 seasons.

In 10 seasons Orazio has managed 20 games in just one season that was for Essendon in 2017 when he had 39 goals in his 20 games. On that score he has some ability but he is an injury prone player. We knew he had injury problems when we traded him in so we probably got what we asked for.

We paid too much to begin with.
Better off keeping him now as a rookie than letting him go for nothing.
I'm the same but then wonder if its the old sunk cost fallacy, where we've spent so much on a dud that we don't want to give up.

His trade currency is zero so let's give him one more year and that's it

Why are we telling Orazio to explore options when two of our starting small forwards are called Jed McEntee and Darcy Byrne-Jones

Why are we telling Orazio to explore options when two of our starting small forwards are called Jed McEntee and Darcy Byrne-Jones

Probably because they're actually professional athletes fit enough to take the field most weekends unlike whatever you'd call Fantasia.

I can't tell you the why, but I can tell you my comment is fact.

I can only suggest that our offer is 1 year - given that Orazio himself said there would be something from the club.

My guess is the clubs feedback was the spot being main list or rookie would be dependant on where all of our trade wheelings and dealings leaves the main list in terms of spots and that if he was looking for more certainty the club wouldnt stop him looking elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Orazio Fantasia departs for Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back