Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

007_octopussy_US1sht-300x300.jpg
OMG - that's him alright

Screenshot_20240822-230610~2.png

All I noticed was that Stephen Silvagni was named in the article but other great backs like Jack Regan (Should have been in the team of the century), David Dench, Geoff Southby, Matthew Scarlett, Alex Rance. etc. were not.

It's like the media can't remember any other KPD other than SOS?

Yeah SOS was heavily reliant on holding his opponents - hence the long sleeves that helped make it less obvious.

People talk about Plugget struggling in this era. Under these rules Silvagni would be exposed for his illegal tactics.

Don't rate him that highly at all.

Yeah SOS was heavily reliant on holding his opponents - hence the long sleeves that helped make it less obvious.

People talk about Plugget struggling in this era. Under these rules Silvagni would be exposed for his illegal tactics.

Don't rate him that highly at all.
dermie’s response when sos was named was something along the lines of “I’m going to tell my grandkids that I played on the full back of the century and kicked his arse on multiple occasions “.

I'm sure this type of reporting will go down well in the Petracca household 🥴

Saw Ralphy earlier this year at my local Dan’s on a Monday evening buying a cheap bottle of scotch and nothing else. That’s buying for therapeutic reasons.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

if Plugger played in this era and got Frees like Currnow he would kick between 180-200 goals. I never thought Sos was the best fullbacks ever you had the likes of dench etc
SOS FFS used exactly the same tactics as Gayfer, and Gayfer was eventually umpired out of the game. SOS is the most overrated player of the last 50 years.

SOS FFS used exactly the same tactics as Gayfer, and Gayfer was eventually umpired out of the game. SOS is the most overrated player of the last 50 years.

Cmon mate, SOS was a champ. God love Gayf, but that’s a ridiculous comparison. After he retired from afl, Gayf trained at Old Xavs whilst playing for Tatura. His skills looked terrible compared to A Grade ammo players. Which is a tribute to what he made of his career.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back