Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lot of dough to walk away from.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could North be making him an offer behind the scenes “How about we pay you out to retire this year?”

I’d imagine clubs would consider doing that for players who are considered toxic to their culture and too hard to reform?

I’d imagine that clubs would be unlikely to want to advertise that that’s what they’re doing.

Last edited:
Could North be making him an offer behind the scenes “How about we pay you out to retire this year?”

I’d imagine clubs would consider doing that for players who are considered toxic to their culture and too hard to reform?

I’d imagine that clubs would unlikely to want to advertise that that’s what they’re doing.

Strange that Kangaroos didn't do that earlier with Tarryn Thomas - he makes Stephenson look like an angel?

Strange that Kangaroos didn't do that earlier with Tarryn Thomas - he makes Stephenson look like an angel?

(1) Thomas was younger, so they might reasonably believe there is a chance to reform, and that he has a longer football future to invest in.

(2) Maybe they learnt from Thomas and are doing things differently?

(3) We really have no idea what players get up to (Thomas’ stuff was in the public domain but I’d imagine that’s more the exception than the rule)

(4) Maybe North tried to but couldn’t get Thomas to agree to it? How would we know?

Last edited:
Given the nature of Thomas' transgressions, they needed to be seen to be doing the right thing.

(1) Thomas was younger, so they might reasonably believe there is a chance to reform, and that he has a longer football future to invest in.

(2) Maybe they learnt from Thomas and are doing things differently?

(3) We really have no idea what players get up to (Thomas’ stuff was in the public domain but I’d imagine that’s more the exception than the rule.

(4) Maybe North tried to but couldn’t get Thomas to agree to it? How would we know?
There's only 12 months age difference between Thomas & Stephenson.

And completely different set of circumstances I would have thought, considering the vile & legal nature of Thomas' issues. North obviously thought they could assist in reforming Thomas when they insisted he do multiple behavioural change programs. Yet he still continued with his behaviour.

Perhaps Stepho's just finally realised he's lost interest in footy. That's how he's looked for a few years now anyway.

And completely different set of circumstances I would have thought, considering the vile & legal nature of Thomas' issues. North obviously thought they could assist in reforming Thomas when they insisted he do multiple behavioural change programs. Yet he still continued with his behaviour.

Perhaps Stepho's just finally realised he's lost interest in footy. That's how he's looked for a few years now anyway.
The week before the gambling debacle was exposed he was electric against St Kilda. Just about marking everything inside F50. Kicking barrels from 60. Incredible performance. I doubt he’s played anywhere near the level since. It ruined him mentally

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite the out of club issues, Thomas might not have been an issue when at the club. Stepho's half-arsedness probably is.

I'm sure the Carlton Football Club & Harry are thrilled to be having this scenario played out in the media by Carlton supporting journo's on the eve of finals. 🥴

Pity McKay’s manager has shut it down. I was hoping it would simmer along nicely for a couple of weeks, and be the source of constant media speculation.

The manager is a spoil sport.😋

Pity McKay’s manager has shut it down. I was hoping it would simmer along nicely for a couple of weeks, and be the source of constant media speculation.

The manager is a spoil sport.😋
It will take a week or 2 before the assurances register in Harry's brain..so it may still be affecting him by the EF 🤞

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back