Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Just heard from a VERY reliable source that the Pies could not be happier to see the back of Ginnivan. The other less startling info was that the boys are still very hungry! No further elaboration will be forthcoming! It all seems to make sense given the speed with which a deal was done.
You should start writing headlines for the Daily Mail

Lol. I've got it from a very reliable source that some Pies still very much enjoy Jack's company..
Two of our listed players doesn’t trump “the Pies”.
Bearing in mind that refers to the club and not individual players.

Just heard from a VERY reliable source that the Pies could not be happier to see the back of Ginnivan. The other less startling info was that the boys are still very hungry! No further elaboration will be forthcoming! It all seems to make sense given the speed with which a deal was done.
I don’t want to shit in Ginny but there was a couple of things brought up by Pendles and Steele that happened on field that they didn’t seem impressed with. Sort of going against team rules and structure that they are so well drilled into now.

I don’t want to s**t in Ginny but there was a couple of things brought up by Pendles and Steele that happened on field that they didn’t seem impressed with. Sort of going against team rules and structure that they are so well drilled into now.

I was told he did a couple little things over the GF celebrations.

Some of the senior blokes we're fuming about going to the races the night before, they obviously had bigger task which was winning the GF.

They cooled on this after winning.

The GF night all the guys went to the Osborne for kick ons (think it was this place) Ginni invited a couple the younger players back to his place.

Pendles Howe and Sidey all believed everyone gets invited or you stick around with your team mates unless going home to bed.

Copeland night he just sat with Bianco in a corner all night and didn't really get involved with celebrations.

I just don't think he fits in with this group tbh the way we play tackle pressure he really was the odd one out.

The above isn't big things they all add up though.

Looks to me like IQ and Murphy are siding with Jack in the Ginnivan saga and likely gone at the end of the year.

Haha not sure Murphy is a good judge think he was the only bloke mates with Beams at the very end 😂

Clearly not now, he smartened up.

I'm glad we're finally opening up and discussing the Ginnivan issue.

Should keep us going until the start of season 2024.

That chapter isn't closed until we say it is.
The rest of the AFL have had a couple of glorious years of hating and booing Jack. Our time is now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wait. There will be a huge outcry that Jack is being bullied all of a sudden
I'm going to ignore the outcry and spew bile at him. Except when he kicks goals and then I'll spew bile at that malignant vagabond who let him go just before committing to wandering through Europe like a gypsy.

Last edited:
I think we should spend more time on this board ruminating on irrelevant past Pies shortcomings like Bucks, Malthouse and Eddie, Grundy, Jack Ginnivan, etc.

It’s absolute beauty on the eyes, all of these incessant thread derailing arguments about such tripe.
I find your comment bewildering.

How is discussion about Ginnivan derailing a thread titled Other Club News/ General Discussion? He is a Hawthorn player now. People are interested in a player like Ginnivan who was a crowd favourite and premiership player. He has only just left the club and is yet to play for another. Why shouldn't people be able to ruminate on his exit and be interested in the reasons for his departure?

This is a football forum. Just avoid the threads which hold no interest and do the same with comments about players you may no longer be interested in.

Lol. I've got it from a very reliable source that some Pies still very much enjoy Jack's company..
It would be really hilarious if the source I referenced was in that photo would it not? ;) Enjoying someone's company socially and as a friend is an entirely different scenario to training and playing with a person. Surely, you've had a mate or mates whose company you enjoyed off field but didn't trust when it came to giving their all on the training track or game day? I know I did.

I wish Jack a long and successful career in the brown and gold and thank him for the excitement he provided for the Pie Army.

I find your comment bewildering.

How is discussion about Ginnivan derailing a thread titled Other Club News/ General Discussion? He is a Hawthorn player now. People are interested in a player like Ginnivan who was a crowd favourite and premiership player. He has only just left the club and is yet to play for another. Why shouldn't people be able to ruminate on his exit and be interested in the reasons for his departure?

This is a football forum. Just avoid the threads which hold no interest and do the same with comments about players you may no longer be interested in.
Yeah sure, it’s just that it’s been disproportionately over-discussed (like the other subjects I mentioned) and is becoming a bit tedious seeing every thread derailed into petty debates about ‘Was Ginnivan forced out because he was a little turd?’

I found the never-ending Ollie Henry circus here last year equally silly and embarrassing. That is my opinion and you are more than welcome to take your own advice and ignore my petty whinging about it yourself. I hope that eases some of your wilderment.

Yeah sure, it’s just that it’s been disproportionately over-discussed (like the other subjects I mentioned) and is becoming a bit tedious seeing every thread derailed into petty debates about ‘Was Ginnivan forced out because he was a little turd?’

I found the never-ending Ollie Henry circus here last year equally silly and embarrassing. That is my opinion and you are more than welcome to take your own advice and ignore my petty whinging about it yourself. I hope that eases some of your wilderment.
Ouch! I ignored all the Ollie threads. I didn't call the comments others chose to write, "tripe".

Peace brother. We won the flag and are going back to back.

Jack has a lot more than just 2 friends amongst the playing group.

I sincerely hope he kills it for the Hawks next year in pure spite against some of the immature posters on this board.
This from the bloke who is trying to bribe baggage handlers to misplace GWs luggage.

I don’t want to s**t in Ginny but there was a couple of things brought up by Pendles and Steele that happened on field that they didn’t seem impressed with. Sort of going against team rules and structure that they are so well drilled into now.
Grand Final specifically (round the body snap), or other games too?
I noticed this past season he was directing (pointing) a lot of the midfielders after goals/behinds, but surely this is normal.

The rest of the AFL have had a couple of glorious years of hating and booing Jack. Our time is now.

giphy.gif

Best buddies. They'd love it.

Wombat and Lachie Neale were apparently great mates before the GF and they didn’t enjoy playing on each other terribly much, according to post-GF media…

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back