Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would Tassie be Announced the Team when they might lose it after Election on the Weekend?
The only Tasmanian political party that is firmly anti-stadium is the Greens, which both Liberal and Labor have said they will not do a deal with (but are open to deals with others).

Labor hasn't been upfront on if they'd scrap the stadium but they know it would be political suicide if they killed the team.

Liberals will win on Saturday but in minority. The stadium will be firmly off the table for any deals.

The only concern is whether the stadium gets built on time and on budget. But it will be built.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Why would Tassie be Announced the Team when they might lose it after Election on the Weekend?

Curious why the promo featuring successful Tasmanian footy players missed Brodie Mihocek?

128 games and still going
215 goals
Premiership player
Club leading goal kicker many times

Last edited:

When do we reckon the draft concessions will start coming in? Hopefully it isn't when we're on the downswing looking to rebuild through the draft. It's possible our timing might not be great here.

Well earliest would be 2017 I reckon

Worry is about them Targeting someone like Nick Daicos and Offering Him something like what Garry Ablett JR got to play for Suns

When do we reckon the draft concessions will start coming in? Hopefully it isn't when we're on the downswing looking to rebuild through the draft. It's possible our timing might not be great here.

Have a feeling they're going to get more then what GWS or GC got. Hope we've been planning for when they come into the comp.

I might be expecting too much of Tasmanians, but their foundational guernsey is undeniably shitful and could do with some flammable liquid and a lighter.

A yellow map of Tassie with a helpful red 'T' in the middle. Wonderful. It looks like a low-rent superhero outfit combined with a geography lesson to remind the genetically compromised populace of where they are.

After years of pitching their case to the AFL, it seems the best they can come up with is a design fit for a novelty State of Origin game being played on some forsaken bog in Davenport in the 1950s.

Heads should roll. Two at a time, of course.

I might be expecting too much of Tasmanians, but their foundational guernsey is undeniably shitful and could do with some flammable liquid and a lighter.

A yellow map of Tassie with a helpful red 'T' in the middle. Wonderful. It looks like a low-rent superhero outfit combined with a geography lesson to remind the genetically compromised populace of where they are.

After years of pitching their case to the AFL, it seems the best they can come up with is a design fit for a novelty State of Origin game being played on some forsaken bog in Davenport in the 1950s.

Heads should roll. Two at a time, of course.

Have to agree. It's a god awful guernsey.
Also loving the aggression in your post.
Hardistan style.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to agree. It's a god awful guernsey.
Also loving the aggression in your post.
Hardistan style.

I was going for consternation. Disbelief and maybe a dash of outrage.

It's become clear that the convicts with a bit of creative flair --your embezzlers, impersonators, counterfeiters-- all went to Sydney, while Tassie received the dopes who were actually done for stealing bread.

I was formerly Minister for Aesthetics in Hardistan. No one punished crimes against fashion like I did.

50,000 foundation members signed on for the Devils tonight
At $10 each.

Still, it does shine a light on the stadium issue.
Why would you bulldoze a 20,000 seat stadium, spend a gazillion dollars and replace it with a 23,000 seat stadium?

I can’t understand the over investment without a more significant increase in seating capacity.

I believe the jumper was designed via a survey and some kind of community consultation.

I love the green colour - I’ve missed green in a footy jumper since Freo abandoned it - but the jumper overall looks like that of a suburban league team, c. 1980s.

Last edited:
I believe the jumper was designed via a survey and some kind of community consultation.

I love the green colour - I’ve missed green in a footy jumper since Freo abandoned it - but the jumper overall looks like that of a suburban league team, c. 1980s.

The stylised devil logo is a bit weird. Looks like it has a big chunk of hair growing out of its ear?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Barry Humphries would definitely approve of an AFL jumper proudly displaying a map of Tasmania

Well earliest would be 2017 I reckon

Worry is about them Targeting someone like Nick Daicos and Offering Him something like what Garry Ablett JR got to play for Suns
That's not the worry
The worry is - need to get as much young talent through the door before the concessions come in

At $10 each.

Still, it does shine a light on the stadium issue.
Why would you bulldoze a 20,000 seat stadium, spend a gazillion dollars and replace it with a 23,000 seat stadium?

I can’t understand the over investment without a more significant increase in seating capacity.

I'm sure there were plenty of non-tasmanian people paying that $10 just as footy lovers.

But I reckon if you have 50,000 signed up it's a good argument to politicians that you can't (shouldn't) do anything to stop the stadium plans.

Curious why the promo featuring successful Tasmanian footy players missed Brodie Mihocek?

128 games and still going
215 goals
Premiership player
Club leading goal kicker many times

Possibly because of the furore over Fox wearing a Collingwood guernsey last year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back