Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think there's a bit of manipulation that goes on. They leak the plans without going into details, which causes a bit of panic and an extreme reaction. Then when the actual changes come in they aren't so drastic, so the hope is people will say "hey, that's not so bad" and will welcome the changes a bit more.
As long as the Northern states get the same treatment with their academy players then it is what it is. If they are favoured in any way then it's time to burn down AFL house

This is a shame if they change the rules, all teams should benefit from having FS play for the team their dad played for.
Don't F with the current rules.
The part that does need changing relates to the NGAs.
As it stands clubs put time and money into developing players, but can't access them until after pick 40.
We drafted TJ before pick 40, when Hawthorn would have been able to match a bid.
Clubs should be able to match a bid for one of their own NGA players, like FS.
The Northern academies have no such restrictions, which is why GC were basically able to pick up 4 top 20 draftees for a bunch of picks.

This is a shame if they change the rules, all teams should benefit from having FS play for the team their dad played for.
Father son will still exist, they are simply adjusting the point system so teams can't combine 4*4th round picks and score a top 10 pick. It's well needed. You can argue it is unfair for Carlton/Brisbane but if they introduce it next year if will be someone disadvantaged. I'd probably rather it be Carlton :)

They’ll continue to have FS. It’s just that clubs will be required to pay a little more for them.

The part that does need changing relates to the NGAs.
As it stands clubs put time and money into developing players, but can't access them until after pick 40.
We drafted TJ before pick 40, when Hawthorn would have been able to match a bid.
Clubs should be able to match a bid for one of their own NGA players, like FS.
The Northern academies have no such restrictions, which is why GC were basically able to pick up 4 top 20 draftees for a bunch of picks.
In my view they should be restricted to picking/matching 1 player per round.

You shouldn’t be able to basically have 4 round 1 picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don’t want any of our players to get the Voss, it’s a no from me.
Perfectly understandable, but before working under Fly, the Leppo was going nowhereo near Collingwood and who the **** wanted anything to do with that weirdo Carlton moron and his green shoots.

Last edited:
Perfectly understandable, but before working under Fly, the Leppo was going nowhere near Collingwood and who the **** wanted anything to do with that weirdo Carlton moron and his green shoots.
Fly and Green shoots worked at Hawthorn - connected to Wrighty - Leppa hates Aker so that fits too

True, it's a no to Voss as an assistant coach; a bout of Leppo took out half a season, and we've had a few miss with green shoot fractures. Imagine what a bout of Vossy would do?
Didn't Voss learn his best coaching moves from Ken Hinkley?

The aerobic activity likely would have exacerbated his pneumothorax, increasing the amount of gas in the intrapleural space. Fortunately it was still reported as being a small one.
A fine scholar here!
Ok. I've read that twice. Still trying to work out whether or not it's a fart joke.
Basically, getting a royal sample of the lung and mechanics of breathing.

• The lungs lie in a sac, with some fluid in between two layers
  • The outer layer naturally pulls out with the chest wall, the inner, inward with the lung
  • When we breathe out, the outer layer expands the space in between (intrapleural), which then lowers the air pressure (look up Boyle’s law for pressure vs volume)
  • Expanding the lungs then expands the air sacs in the lungs, which have lower pressure than the air we are breathing
  • Air flows down a pressure gradient, or from higher pressure to lower pressure (fluid flow, Poiseulle’s rule)

So, what happens when Petracca gets a broken rib puncture his lung?

• The hole in the sac around the lung prevents a difference in pressure between the lungs and outside
  • The collapsed lung cannot expand, and the other lung expands with less efficiency
  • The air from the compensating lung has air trying to flow out of it, into the collapsed lung, per a law called Laplace’s law
  • Increasingly, less oxygen is reaching the muscles, organs, and brain, and the laboured breathing is similar to obstructive conditions like COPD

Thanks The Royal Sampler ! My Pharmacy degree leaves me knowing some pretty interesting stuff! 😎

A fine scholar here!

Basically, getting a royal sample of the lung and mechanics of breathing.

• The lungs lie in a sac, with some fluid in between two layers
  • The outer layer naturally pulls out with the chest wall, the inner, inward with the lung
  • When we breathe out, the outer layer expands the space in between (intrapleural), which then lowers the air pressure (look up Boyle’s law for pressure vs volume)
  • Lowering the air pressure expands the air sacs in the lungs, which have lower pressure than the air we are breathing
  • Air flows down a pressure gradient, or from higher pressure to lower pressure (fluid flow, Poiseulle’s rule)

So, what happens when Petracca gets a broken rib puncture his lung?

• The whole in the sac around the lung prevents a difference in pressure between the lungs and outside
  • The collapsed lung cannot expand, and the other lung expands with less efficiency
  • The air from the compensating lung has air trying to flow out of it, into the collapsed lung, per a law called Laplace’s law
  • Increasingly, less oxygen is reaching the muscles, organs, and brain, and the laboured breathing is similar to obstructive conditions like COPD

Thanks The Royal Sampler ! My Pharmacy degree leaves me knowing some pretty interesting stuff! 😎

So it was a fart joke? But he also suffered a separate injury of a hole in his sack - sounds really painful?

So it was a fart joke? But he also suffered a separate injury of a hole in his sack - sounds really painful?
HA HA! All I can picture now is a whoopie cushion! :D

I think the injury to the sack would be secondary to his broken ribs, yes. Nerves and blood vessels in there shooting off pain signals. Would feel like his chest was on fire :fire:

I believe Dipper nearly died from his after the '89 granny?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Clubs News/General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back