Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nichols is seriously the worst umpire.
Yes the rules are hard….but he just gets sucked in more than anyone.
It’s bizarre how he’s still getting a gig.
Have you been able to work out this new rule? Players are dropping the ball and no disposing of it properly and nothing

Nichols is seriously the worst umpire.
Yes the rules are hard….but he just gets sucked in more than anyone.
It’s bizarre how he’s still getting a gig.
Wasn't he the umpire who gave that bloody free kick against us for not giving the ball directly back to him for the ball up?

God I hope it was that!!

But the replay showed no one in the Goal square and the call was “goal square infringement “.

Surely we don’t have a separate rule for goal square vs 666 !!!!!
Just watched it again. There's a whistle and everyone looks to the StKilda end. Central ump then blows his whistle. I don't think it was 666.

No doubt whatever happened the AFL will call a special press conference tomorrow to confirm that the decision was correct and they fully support the umpire.

Have you been able to work out this new rule? Players are dropping the ball and no disposing of it properly and nothing
I loved the idea when they announced it.
But as per usual they are retreating on it.

The more they ask the umps to make judgements instead of hard and fast rules (where they can)….the worse it is.

3 weeks in and it’s back to normal. Surprise surprise.

It's going to be the latest trend, because the media can't get enough of the 'tag is back' 🙄
Then after a few weeks of the game’s best players being nullified the AFL will direct the umpires to interpret the holding differently and there will be 50 free kicks that weren’t given the last month. They don’t make it easy for the umps, players or spectators.
It’s a nightmare to explain to a newcomer to the game.

Just watched it again. There's a whistle and everyone looks to the StKilda end. Central ump then blows his whistle. I don't think it was 666.
It was called “goal Square infringement”. Clear over the commentary.

So what does that mean?
Wtf is that rule?!?!
Replay showed no holding and no one in the goal square.

So go figure?!?

What will be interesting is if the saints get a 666 again. Will it be a warning or just a free (because they e already had a free against them).

Then after a few weeks of the game’s best players being nullified the AFL will direct the umpires to interpret the holding differently and there will be 50 free kicks that weren’t given the last month. They don’t make it easy for the umps, players or spectators.
It’s a nightmare to explain to a newcomer to the game.
It's a nightmare explaining it to myself every week when it changes ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back