Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of the experts seemingly going for Sydney.

Yeah not so sure.

Brisbane break even in the midfield and I feel their superior forward group are capable of winning them the game.

According to the champion data guru points from turnover are king and when taken as a whole in terms of scoring from and defending turnover Brisbane have the edge.
All the “experts” said Brisbanes better form and the warm weather made them certainties last year. Most of these experts wouldn’t know shit from shoe polish

Fair enough, I'm a bit of a jumper nuffie anyway. But I agree, who tf is that bloke anyway?

I've always wanted the pies have someone who win the GF sprint, but we're never close. I've long been suggesting we do what Freo has done and just list a runner who doesn't play footy for the GF sprint - dedicate a list spot to some grand final day glory.

Just going by that jumper - I’ve no idea who he plays for. Possibly Freo?
It says "Sharpy" in the Instagram post, so clicking through to the second slide where it lists all the participants by club, and looking for anyone with "Sharp" in their name, to me means it's Jeremy Sharp from Freo.

Fair enough, I'm a bit of a jumper nuffie anyway. But I agree, who tf is that bloke anyway?

It says "Sharpy" in the Instagram post, so clicking through to the second slide where it lists all the participants by club, and looking for anyone with "Sharp" in their name, to me means it's Jeremy Sharp from Freo.

I suppose the point I was trying to make was less about the player - and knowing/not knowing who he is - and more about the different jumpers worn by clubs these days, throughout the season. Some of them are so far removed from the original or primary jumper as to be almost unrecognisble. Except ours!

For the jumper nuffie - I absolutely loved Freo's original jumper, with the white anchor ('anchor w***ers') and the green panel at upper left. Green! Why didn't that colour survive? I think the new Tassie jumper has some green in it? Hope so.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lachie Neale let go last, Brisbane are morals.

Really looking forward to this game. I’ll be relaxed, have a good seat, and can appreciate that two very good sides are playing.

Still think the Swans will get up. There’s a lot of Brisbane talk around, which inclines me even more towards the Swans. I think their star players are also more reliable. Too often (unless against us of course) players like Daniher, Cameron and Rayner fail to turn up. I think they’re flakey.

Plus it’s their turn to suffer the pain of consecutive GF losses. The footy gods will see to that.👍

I'm looking forward to seeing Beau in the GF sprint. I can just picture him chasing down the leader and tackling him just before the finish line, just for the hell of it.
View attachment 2123178

they should change the format to be chase down sprints
1 v 1 sprints over 50m , hunter vs hunted
first person gets 5m start
tackle to the ground

Really looking forward to this game. I’ll be relaxed, have a good seat, and can appreciate that two very good sides are playing.

Still think the Swans will get up. There’s a lot of Brisbane talk around, which inclines me even more towards the Swans. I think their star players are also more reliable. Too often (unless against us of course) players like Daniher, Cameron and Rayner fail to turn up. I think they’re flakey.

Plus it’s their turn to suffer the pain of consecutive GF losses. The footy gods will see to that.👍
I think the Swans will win too. Brisbane have had an impressive run, however I think tomorrow will too much after their difficult road in the finals.

I'm looking forward to it too, would be even more so if I had your vantage point.

Sydney are more organised and reliable - but I think that advantage gets diminished in the really big games. Sydney have the midfield stars who have been so consistently damaging this year, but Lions have heaps of blokes who can turn it on with huge moments.

I'm going Brissy in a thriller with Cam Rayner as Norm Smith, but really have no idea what will happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back