Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Dear kes, 02 and especially 03 were the most devastating GF losses that I've had to endure. We were forced to play an AFL created super power. Never lost to Sydney in my life time, so I just harbour enough resentment for them, unlike the Brions.
Yes they were heartbreaking. Absolutely. I understand. I was heartbroken after 2002 especially.

Sydney more recently broke our hearts in 2022. That fairytale of a season was stolen from us. Then they didn’t even turn up to the Grand Final and gave Geelong a ridiculously easy win.

And Papley!! 🤮

Yes they were heartbreaking. Absolutely. I understand. I was heartbroken after 2002 especially.

Sydney more recently broke our hearts in 2022. That fairytale of a season was stolen from us. Then they didn’t even turn up to the Grand Final and gave Geelong a ridiculously easy win.

And Papley!! 🤮
It's all good. Papley is an acquired taste. I love cheeky and very smart players who fool the opposition into targeting them rather the ball. It's one of the most effective strategies a small forward can have, especially when you kick goals like Papley and create opportunities for others whilst the opposition is too busy wanting to jab, jab, uppercut you ;):)

Anyone know what odds I can get for Patrick Cripps to win the Norm Smith?

Dear kes, 02 and especially 03 we're the most devastating GF losses that I've had to endure. We were forced to play an AFL created super power. Never lost to Sydney in my life time, so I just harbour enough resentment for them, unlike the Brions.
Cmon manic the Brisbane lions of that era are the best side of the modern era, no shame in being second to that team.

They were but they had so many leg ups at the time that it pissed me off. To me it felt like David and Goliath at the time.
Was a bad time for us to be in the window really. No one was a match for them but our 2002 team were so gallant. That port win started it. Then we smashed Adelaide. I was so thrilled with the boys that year. After what seemed like an eternity in the wilderness under Shaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reigning Victorian premiers for at least another year 😉
I said exactly that to a couple of fellow Pies supporters I saw out and about today. I have to have something to hang my (non-existent) hat on for the next year.

I said exactly that to a couple of fellow Pies supporters I saw out and about today. I have to have something to hang my (non-existent) hat on for the next year.
Carlton's 30 year flag drought celebrations. Remember how much of a joke we were after 32 years to everyone. Those flogs are nearly there.

Norm Smith medallist right here. The best side all year will win I reckon and that's Sydney

Australian Football League Afl GIF by Sydney Swans
Noooooo!!!!!

I went into town on the train today with my wife and son.
We saw a lot more Brisbane supporters get on the train than Sydney ones.
We also saw a family where one kid was wearing a Collingwood guernsey, and the other one was wearing a Carlton one!
That is just so wrong!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp Other Games Rolling Thread 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Back