kid_a

Club Legend
Apr 5, 2010
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Hammarby IF
Who in your opinion is the best player on our list?

i'd say mark lecras.
easily the smartest footballer we have.
interested in other eagles' fans thoughts.

Glass is too easily overlooked by everyone, doesnt stand out but is the best defender in the league, rarely gets beaten and is a great leader. Without Glass, who has continually improved despite his age, the last year and a half may not have happenned.

Darren Glass is definitley the best player on our list, the best fullback in the league. Who else on our list is the best player in the league in their respective position (perhaps Coxy) I think Schuey and NicNat will be the best players on our list in 3 years time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darren Glass is definitley the best player on our list, the best fullback in the league. Who else on our list is the best player in the league in their respective position (perhaps Coxy) I think Schuey and NicNat will be the best players on our list in 3 years time.

It's SHUEY.

No C.

Why does everyone insist on putting that silent C in his name? I reckon Jeff Darling and Beau Watters are in on this.

It's SHUEY.

No C.

Why does everyone insist on putting that silent C in his name? I reckon Jeff Darling and Beau Watters are in on this.
Relax muscles, its just spelling. If you feel the urge to critique, focus on the coherance of posters arguments (which actually affect interpretation) rather then the irrelevance of incorrectly spelling players last names.

Individually Cox is probably our best player. But our most important without a doubt is Glass. Take this weekend, if there was one player from our best 22 we would want to have out there its Glass. Not only, as some have said, he is the best back man in the comp, he also directs and leads.

Fitting for a Captain. Wasn't sure on his original appointment but boy, he had been outstanding.

so far in 2012 it's scott selwood. fairly comfortably imo.

but would i consider him our best player?? i don't think so. probably dean cox still, just.... but it's a pretty even field.

there isn't much between scott selwood, nic naitanui, cox, glass, lecras, kennedy, hurn, priddis, kerr, waters and shuey with darling also fast rising into that list.... one of those is the 12th best player on our list and they're a pretty formidable footballer to be ranked at that position imo. all of those guys are top 5-6 at most clubs - clearly not hawthorn or collingwood and probably not adelaide, sydney... most likely not essendon or geelong... but everyone else?? big chance.

mackenzie, gaff, schofield are also more than handy and there's been to be an oversight or two....

the only thing stopping us going all the way is that i don't think you'd consider any of those blokes in the top 20 footballers. selwood on this year alone yes, but taking everything into account no. cox probably wouldn't be either.... we need one of those guys to become a top 5-10 footballer and another couple into the top 20 and you have a premiership side.

2012...Scooter Selwood :) his work rate and ability to get the best out of himself is fantastic! Love Scooters work :)!

Overall most skillful and best would have be Luke Shuey! He has poise, class and the skills to back it up!

HM to Bunga Hurn, Glassy and Nic Nat!

Lets face it we have some classy players in our team, as far as best is concerned it would have to be Cox or Glass because they have consistently produced quality football for the club for 10+ years. Most damaging is probably Shuey or Darling and most talented is Kerr, as for most potential it has to be NicNat by a fair margin with the ability to become a game winner.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our Best Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Back